FTA-TV The Amazing Race 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Great episode all round - great tasks and really seperated the teams. Loved the stupidity of them - particularly the circle around the kids!

-The Gleeks are doing surprisingly good. Could be a dark horse.
- Chad and Stephanie - Chad is a douche. End of story.
- Doctors lucky to survive. I overestimated them.
- The father and son- very lucky. They won't survive much longer.

This!! Almost wet myself, the kids just sat on the ground as if to say WTF?

Other highlight for me was the Glee guys singing to the cab driver and him singing back "i love you too". That cabbie saved them heaps of time. Judging by the preview Chad is back to his finest next ep. LOL at the stuff up on the skipping rope, then proceeding to talk himself up at the video diary bit, he's every bit the Yank sports jock.

Don't normally like non-eliminations but was glad it was this time. Would have been a shame for the Asian dad and son to go out that way, with the old man needing medical attention.

Some major stupidity on show in that episode, especially with the puzzle detour. Only the Glee dudes figured it out properly.

They also showed again how clueless Americans are when it comes to geography, when none of them could locate Ghana on the map. One of them even thought it was down near South Africa.:D

Honestly, I could not have located Ghana on a map. Of course, if I was going there I would have looked it up on a map (which I think is what happened with a lot of the teams), but it's not some "lol stupid Americans" thing.

Finally caught up.

1. I'm in love, dead set in love with Brook. :heart: Love her hyperactiveness.

2. Kevin might be the nicest guy ever. He's an absolute class act, and was absolutely thrilled that they had a non elimination to spare them for at least another week.

Awesome series, one of the greatest collection of teams ever.

Finally caught up.

2. Kevin might be the nicest guy ever. He's an absolute class act, and was absolutely thrilled that they had a non elimination to spare them for at least another week.

Haha as am I.

Also, she was Miss Oregon in 2004 and being an Oregon Ducks college football fan, that just makes me like her even more.

Finally caught up.

Absolutely agree with all of that. I'm growing fonder of Brook and I think it's Mallory (?) every week, what a barrel of laughs. I was SOOO happy that Kevin made it through to another week, they were so humble and gracious to have made it as far as they did, was great to see.

The non elimination these days is pretty easy compared to previous series, like losing all your money or your possessions. The 'speed bump' is usually one of the easiest tasks on the whole race so it really isn't much of a punishment.

The non elimination these days is pretty easy compared to previous series, like losing all your money or your possessions. The 'speed bump' is usually one of the easiest tasks on the whole race so it really isn't much of a punishment.

That's true, although I'd much rather go without it; it could still make or break the race for a team.

Not a great leg in my view. The speed bump is nothing these days in terms of a penalty - they really need to look at that for future races.

The Glee club - I didn't think they would win it but didn't think they would go out this early. Love the song they made up at the end!!!!

Chad is a tool of the highest order. I would love to see them booted out.

Jill and Thomas made the right call - they had to use it. They could have avoided it by not having a bad leg.

Looking forward to next week and the eating challenge!!!!

Yeah that speed bump was way too easy, just sitting in an ice chair for 10 minutes. Then again by getting the earlier flight it pretty much made the speed bump irrelevant anyway.

The nerd(ier) one from Team Glee pretty much cost them the race by being hopeless on the sleds. Can understand some of the girls struggling with it but you'd think a guy would be able to do it without too many problems. Would have been pissed off with him if I was the other guy.

Ah, Brook and Mallory. Brilliant couple of specimens they are, love their love of life and all things in it. Sweden is such a nice country, from one extreme in Ghana to the other extreme.

Brook and Mallory - love them.

I still don't understand why so many of them did the sled - considering the time to beat and the fact most of them fell off constantly, I thought the tent was always a better option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, Brook and Mallory. Brilliant couple of specimens they are, love their love of life and all things in it. Sweden is such a nice country, from one extreme in Ghana to the other extreme.

Sweden is nice in summer, not sure I'd want to go there in winter. I spent a long weekend in Stockholm in late May and the weather was great. Could just walk around during the day in just a t-shirt and shorts.

Really nice city too, so clean. Although coming from London anywhere probably looks clean in comparison.

Brook and Mallory - love them.

I still don't understand why so many of them did the sled - considering the time to beat and the fact most of them fell off constantly, I thought the tent was always a better option.

The sleds looked a lot more fun so I can understand why so many teams chose it. A couple of teams did it pretty easily so it can't have been too hard and it was quicker than doing the tent.

The tent was probably the safer option though, especially if you had a team member that was going to struggle with the sleds.

Sweden is nice in summer, not sure I'd want to go there in winter. I spent a long weekend in Stockholm in late May and the weather was great. Could just walk around during the day in just a t-shirt and shorts.

Really nice city too, so clean. Although coming from London anywhere probably looks clean in comparison.

Yeah, most of those Scandinavian countries are beautiful. I have a friend in Finland who sent me some pics she took a while back and I was speechless; I've got to live there one day.

Sheeps head.........disgusting! Kudos to the Docs for doing it.

Mallory is in typcial form - :D

He he, Wedgie!

Another solid leg - shame to see the girls go

Chad and Stephanie are still in - the sooner they go, the better.

Nick and Vicki - at the fast forward, so dumb!

Mallory looks like another classic moment next week!!!

Was praying for the volleyballers to make it over the line before the Chad but couldnt be that lucky. Im becoming bemused by what actually goes into the selection process for the contestants they choose. There is always people who cant drive a manual, vegetarians who will end up with a eating challenge involving meat and now we have a couple who dont seem to have ever watched the show and understand the rules (tatts couple).

Mallory is a star and should have plenty of tv work lined up when this thing is finished. Somebody from Postcards/Getaway should just sign her up now so we can keep on watching her.

It's amazing, I don't think I've ever seen a couple compliment each other as well as Brook and Claire, their strengths and weaknesses are in perfect balance for each other. I'm beginning to like the nurses a bit more now, they seem to be genuinely nice people. The Asian Dad and Son are still in my top 3 fave couples, such good guys, the son treats his dad so well. And finally, the tattoo couple, the sooner they're out the better for us all, it's incredible.

LOL at the tatt couple.

Firstly the tatt chick not being able to figure out what the taken sign meant at the fast forward, pretty obvious you would think. Then tatt dude bragging about how he'd grown up riding bmxs and dirt bikes before the bike detour and then they cut back to him later and he's struggling to go up the hill and then had to get off and push.:D

Pretty dull leg though otherwise, was pretty obvious who was going to be eliminated about halfway through despite the usual creative editing to make it seem closer than it was.

Ripping series this, absolutely brilliant!!

I love Brook, and I also love Mallory. I love Brook's hyperactiveness and just how random she is and how she gets excited about EVERYTHING! "Kiss count 7". :D How much better does she look during the show as opposed to in the preview with all the make-up? As for Mallory, she’s a legend, she’s just super cute.

Michael and Kevin, legends, could the son be a better bloke? Guns!

The Dane Swan couple, absolutely hilarious. The girl is super tough and I absolutely lost it after Nick went on about being in competitive cycling or something and then she passes him with ease and asks him if he wants to stop and rest!! :D Classic! And how was the music when that was happening! Man this show is good!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back