Looking pretty straightforward now. Denmark are 3/175 against Vanuatu, and if they continue at this rate in the last 12 overs, Vanuatu would have to produce something fairly extraordinary to beat them.

Jersey, meanwhile, are 7/96 against Uganda, and their bowling hasn't exactly been top class so far. Uganda and Denmark winning would guarantee them a place in Division Three, and would leave Malaysia, who are 6/147 against Bermuda, out in the cold.

And Vanuatu have produced something extraordinary in the end - their top order was basically impenetrable and took them most of the way to the target of 235, and while Denmark tried their best to limit the scoring rate, Shane Deitz sealed the win with a six off the first ball of the final over.

But that may end up being the only match completed today. Bermuda vs Malaysia has been called off due to rain, and will be replayed tomorrow as Bermuda only got through 17 overs in their chase. The other game may be replayed too, as Uganda has been called off with 19.4 overs played in their innings, two balls short of the 20 over mark in which a match can be declared. Jersey would want another chance, because if they can beat Uganda by anything other than a tiny margin, they will probably overtake Denmark and be promoted in their stead - assuming Malaysia doesn't demolish Bermuda.

Replayed or continue where they left off?

If it's a whole replay that's pretty friggin harsh

Whole replay.

Uganda were 5/25 at one point in today's replay, currently 5/54. Whatever target is set, as long as Jersey chase it down within 40 or so overs, they will overtake Denmark on NRR.

Malaysia, who are 1/87 after fifteen overs, would need to win by a huge margin in order to leapfrog both.

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
And Vanuatu have produced something extraordinary in the end - their top order was basically impenetrable and took them most of the way to the target of 235, and while Denmark tried their best to limit the scoring rate, Shane Deitz sealed the win with a six off the first ball of the final over.

But that may end up being the only match completed today. Bermuda vs Malaysia has been called off due to rain, and will be replayed tomorrow as Bermuda only got through 17 overs in their chase. The other game may be replayed too, as Uganda has been called off with 19.4 overs played in their innings, two balls short of the 20 over mark in which a match can be declared. Jersey would want another chance, because if they can beat Uganda by anything other than a tiny margin, they will probably overtake Denmark and be promoted in their stead - assuming Malaysia doesn't demolish Bermuda.

I was reading about a Vanuatu player who plays for essendon in premier cricket, on the abc website the other week. How is he going? Mautava or something

Jersey managed to stuff up a chase of 90 and were all out for 83. They had 35 overs to do it in order to jump over Denmark and go through to Div 3, and they chose to go berserk from the get go. The definition of lacking experience.

And Malaysia, for no apparent reason, chose to bat first and make life more difficult for themselves in terms of getting their NRR up, and have just fallen short despite beating Bermuda by 89 runs. This means that Uganda and Denmark will go through to Div 3, Malaysia and Jersey remain where they are, and Vanuatu and Bermuda drop down.

I was reading about a Vanuatu player who plays for essendon in premier cricket, on the abc website the other week. How is he going? Mautava or something

Patrick Matautaava. Did really well with the ball, only fired once with the bat though.

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Jersey managed to stuff up a chase of 90 and were all out for 83. They had 35 overs to do it in order to jump over Denmark and go through to Div 3, and they chose to go berserk from the get go. The definition of lacking experience.

And Malaysia, for no apparent reason, chose to bat first and make life more difficult for themselves in terms of getting their NRR up, and have just fallen short despite beating Bermuda by 89 runs. This means that Uganda and Denmark will go through to Div 3, Malaysia and Jersey remain where they are, and Vanuatu and Bermuda drop down.

Patrick Matautaava. Did really well with the ball, only fired once with the bat though.
Uganda vs Kenya will be interesting in div 3

The Young Chevalier

Team Captain
Apr 18, 2016
Edinburgh
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heart of Midlothian
No scheduled fixtures for Scotland until late 2019/early 2020 (WT20 Qualifier). I know the board are desperately trying to find a couple of teams touring England to have a stop over but unfortunately its basically down to the generosity of touring countries as ICC have been no help. I'd imagine and have heard that Scotland and the Netherlands are in discussion for a yearly ODI and T20 series hopefully with another country but unsure about that.

Scotland and Netherlands really are in a tough position atm, very isolated with Ireland gone to test and England becoming more ignorant. Other European associates nowhere near the same level and the other developing and capable associates are in Africa and Asia...ie to expensive to be a viable option as regular fixtures. It seems nobody has any idea when the next WCL and Intercontinental Cup will be scheduled and started, ICC dropping the ball again :(

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
No scheduled fixtures for Scotland until late 2019/early 2020 (WT20 Qualifier). I know the board are desperately trying to find a couple of teams touring England to have a stop over but unfortunately its basically down to the generosity of touring countries as ICC have been no help. I'd imagine and have heard that Scotland and the Netherlands are in discussion for a yearly ODI and T20 series hopefully with another country but unsure about that.

Scotland and Netherlands really are in a tough position atm, very isolated with Ireland gone to test and England becoming more ignorant. Other European associates nowhere near the same level and the other developing and capable associates are in Africa and Asia...ie to expensive to be a viable option as regular fixtures. It seems nobody has any idea when the next WCL and Intercontinental Cup will be scheduled and started, ICC dropping the ball again :(
We will hopefully find out more on the associate WCL and Intercontinental cup next week at the ICC annual general meeting.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Apparently 1500 at USA vs Canada in North Carolina for the WT20 North American qualifiers.

And Belize retired out one of their players because he wasn't scoring fast enough.

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fred Klassen http://www.espncricinfo.com/netherlands/content/player/1104703.html Dutch ODI and T20I player has signed for Kent in 2019. He is English born.

Hopefully he'll be made available for Netherlands games, but I doubt it. He is yet to play a FC game. Speaking of which, has the Intercontinental Cup been scrapped as was rumoured on here? I can't find anything that suggests there is one starting in 2019, but I think it often gets scheduled very late.

Fred Klassen http://www.espncricinfo.com/netherlands/content/player/1104703.html Dutch ODI and T20I player has signed for Kent in 2019. He is English born.

Hopefully he'll be made available for Netherlands games, but I doubt it. He is yet to play a FC game. Speaking of which, has the Intercontinental Cup been scrapped as was rumoured on here? I can't find anything that suggests there is one starting in 2019, but I think it often gets scheduled very late.

radio silence so far, don't think they've decided yet

Cricket Kenya's ongoing administrative trouble, a regrettably recurring theme of this column, has reared its head again ahead of the crucial World Cricket League Division 3, to be held in Oman next month.

Discontent amongst senior players, who allege they are still owed salaries for at least the past two months, had been intensifying for some time, with a number of players boycotting the recent preparation matches against a touring MCC side, and finally came to a head earlier this week when the team selections for WCLD3 were announced. Several players reportedly threatened to boycott the tournament entirely, refusing to hand over their passports in protest at the dropping of a number of established players in favour of under-19 players who had turned out against the MCC.

The country has been without a properly-constituted cricket board since April this year, after a disastrous showing at the previous WCL Division 2 prompted a string of resignations at the board including Chair Jackie Janmohammad, and fresh elections were nixed as sports minister Rashid Echesa dissolved the body at the prompting of a "stakeholder's group" of former players and administrators (which included Obuya), amidst allegations of incompetence and misappropriation of funds.

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/104830/kenya-in-disarray-ahead-of-division-3

Back