The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Redman copped a week for something similar ..hopefully AFL look into it. No need for this off the ball. Caldwell copped one in the head as well. Grundy slinging player to the ground. McInerney being a standover dick after Laverde did a near perfect spoil on Papley

Pretty different.

Wandered in here to give my 2 cents about the Wright Cunningham incident. Think I’ll pass.

This is a bit of a strange take as it's been pretty clearly expressed that no one is saying anything controversial about Wright or worked up about it. You can give your 2 cents and no one's going to bite your head off. Baz was a bit distracted with his movie and took a while to figure that out.

I'll put in 2c. Unfortunate incident and I'm not sure what else Wright could have done. If Wright tries to mark it, I think there's still a collision. If he doesn't go for it he's not doing his job.

I don't think there was anything wrong with bracing, he just happened to get Cunningham high.

Very clearly nothing like the Webster incident.

I'll put in 2c. Unfortunate incident and I'm not sure what else Wright could have done. If Wright tries to mark it, I think there's still a collision. If he doesn't go for it he's not doing his job.

I don't think there was anything wrong with bracing, he just happened to get Cunningham high.

Very clearly nothing like the Webster incident.

Yeah I do wonder what happens if we have a situation where a player just goes purely for the mark and injures themselves in the process because they're too scared to brace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean did we expect anything less? They had their run and now they're on their way down. Happened to the Hawks, happened to WCE, Adelaide etc.
Yep, not complaining. Witnessed a dynasty during the peak years of my life. Did it all legitimately as well.

That 2020 flag after the year we had in Melbourne was extra special too.

Separate incident so no idea on that one, but comparing last night's to Redman was more than a bit silly. Completely different.
I suppose Redman’s hands bounced off Newcombe onto his face whereas Heeney direct backhand to the face off the ball.

I suppose Redman’s hands bounced off Newcombe onto his face whereas Heeney direct backhand to the face off the ball.

Heeney wasn't looking at the player and the contact was incredibly incidental. Redman was looking and intentionally struck Newcombe high.

15-16-17, plus 05-06-07 and 08 in the finals.
We didn't make it past the semis in 15-16, so I wouldn't classify that as a run despite a GF appearance (which we shat the bed in). 05-06 was a semi-run I guess, but we botched it by not making a GF from two top 2 finishes.

A run to me is a a series of top 4 finishes while pinching a flag in the process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back