The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

We didn't make it past the semis in 15-16, so I wouldn't classify that as a run despite a GF appearance (which we shat the bed in). 05-06 was a semi-run I guess, but we botched it by not making a GF from two top 2 finishes.

A run to me is a a series of top 4 finishes while pinching a flag in the process.
You still made a GF which is more than a lot of teams did in that span. The point is you were up with a good team and then went down. Not sure how hard that is to understand but you know people always want to make a mountain out of a molehill just to be right.

You still made a GF which is more than a lot of teams did in that span. The point is you were up with a good team and then went down. Not sure how hard that is to understand but you know people always want to make a mountain out of a molehill just to be right.

Or it was just a weird team to include and people questioned it. It's a discussion forum after all. You don't seem to enjoy the concept.

Wright is gone.

This was the Tom Lynch verdict last year. Maybe an avenue to argue at the tribunal.

The AFL argued Richmond's forward made a decision to "bump", but Lynch said he was simply bracing for contact.

Lynch said he had his eyes on the ball and once he realised he misjudged the flight of it, rotated his body to brace for contact.

"What possible time did Lynch have to make that decision to bump someone?," his counsel Sam Tovey asked.

"Keath moves some distance laterally. Lynch is fixated on the ball. Lynch is faced with an extremely difficult situation – take the inevitable front-on contact from Keath or turn and brace for that impact?

"Tom Lynch hasn't chosen this situation – it's a situation that came to him that was completely unexpected."

After a relatively short deliberation, Tribunal chairman Gleeson sided with Lynch, saying he did not bump or engage in rough conduct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just the nose candy. Not on gameday otherwise they'd be WADA banned iirc.

In which case it's a big meh from me. Bad look to the kids who watch the game but that's about it. I said the same when it was Ginnivan and Bailey Smith in recent years (although Smith was a bit weirder when he was posting about it).

Not sure I agree with Robbo that he deliberately missed. Lot of velocity in that swing.
Fake tough is a fair comment though.

Be tough at the footy.

Robbo is an Essendon supporter so he is probably just making an excuse.

The Essendon Edge has been around since 2021 when Zerk-Thatcher was fortunate to be cleared by the MRO for getting punched by Heeney.

"The AFL has cleared Essendon’s Brandon Zerk-Thatcher of any wrongdoing in the off-the-ball incident which cost Sydney Swans’ star Isaac Heeney a broken hand.

The gun goal kicker was caught up in a behind the play push-and-shove with the Essendon defender in the second term on Thursday night when Heeney sustained the injury.

The league has reviewed the incident from multiple angles and found Zerk-Thatcher has nothing to answer as Heeney’s injury was self-inflicted."

The Essendon Edge has been around since 2021 when Zerk-Thatcher was fortunate to be cleared by the MRO for getting punched by Heeney.

"The AFL has cleared Essendon’s Brandon Zerk-Thatcher of any wrongdoing in the off-the-ball incident which cost Sydney Swans’ star Isaac Heeney a broken hand.

The gun goal kicker was caught up in a behind the play push-and-shove with the Essendon defender in the second term on Thursday night when Heeney sustained the injury.

The league has reviewed the incident from multiple angles and found Zerk-Thatcher has nothing to answer as Heeney’s injury was self-inflicted."

Baz already covered that one. :) Maybe Warner would have been in trouble with the tribunal if Hind had connected..

But I'm not allowed to mention Parker-Shiel, right? ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back