The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a 'facade'. He implied lots going on off the ball when not much more than other games. Every team does the same. Then Longmire goes on as if he hadn't seen it before. Too good on the day ..that's all that needed to be said.
Too good on the day. :) see you later in the season.

Just wait, we haven't seen the best of Darcy Tucker yet. Just one more pre-season and we'll all be in trouble.

Never. Wardlaw, Sheezel, McKercher and Duursma are the four horsemen of the apocalypse.
North have the second best crop of kids in the comp. Very impressive.

Wright gets 4.
Appeal on the way. Moral of the story is don't turn to protect yourself, let yourself get injured as well in a contact sport because that's what the AFL wants.

Also Jeff Gleeson is scum of the earth. How can you have the former AFL Counsel as the chair of the tribunal?

Last edited:
Appeal on the way. Moral of the story is don't turn to protect yourself, let yourself get injured as well in a contact sport because that's what the AFL wants.

Also Jeff Gleeson is scum of the earth. How can you have the former AFL Counsel as the chair of the tribunal?

That's clearly not the moral of the story. Did Chol get injured against May? Did Wright attempt to play the ball in any way?

They're morons if they're appealing.

This silly rot set in way back in the 90s when poor Plugger got done for merely protecting himself with his elbow from a Peter Caven head butt.

This silly rot set in way back in the 90s when poor Plugger got done for merely protecting himself with his elbow from a Peter Caven head butt.

Bloody Swans thugs at it again!!

:eyes:

A Melbourne Football Club doctor has sensationally admitted to conducting “off the books” illicit drug tests – allegedly authorised by the AFL – to help players evade detection on match days.
The doctor-turned-whistleblower says players who confessed to having taken drugs in the days before AFL games were given secret tests to ensure their systems were clear or were advised to “fake an injury” so they would not risk being tested and suspended for breaches of the World Anti-Doping Agency code.
Federal MP Andrew Wilkie told parliament on Tuesday night he had received a signed statement from former Demons head doctor Zeeshan Arain in which he accuses the AFL of facilitating the clandestine drug tests at Dorevitch Pathology in Heidelberg.

Mr Wilkie called on Prime Minister Anthony Albanese to intervene in the scandal.

In a stunning address, Mr Wilkie said: “I rise to bring the house’s attention deeply troubling allegations of egregious misconduct within the AFL provided by former Melbourne football club president Glen Bartlett, former Melbourne football club doctor Zeeshan Arain and Shaun Smith, father of Melbourne player and now alleged drug trafficker Joel Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me of a clip I saw the other day (on Reddit I think) of a player getting a free kick against them for high contact when the opponent head butted them in the arm. What made it worse was it was right in front of the umpire and the ump still gave a free kick.

Don't jump off the ground, don't elect to bump, don't hit the opponent high. I agree with you but those are the rules of the game. Similar to rugby now, there is very little leeway for sporting accidents. What Wright did wasn't malicious imo but the rules and gradings in place means that he will be suspended.

As soon as lawyers started running the league the mrp/tribunal or whatever they are calling it now it went to s**t. Lawyers always overcomplicate matters and have a massive sense of self importance.

I don't think there was a lot wrong with what Wright did but anyone thinking it wouldn't be a suspension and especially a long one were kidding themselves. Any head high contact after leaving the ground is going to be a long holiday.

Enjoyed Hodge's take on Essendon's tough stance.

Said that it followed on from last year publicly stating late season they were fatigued... So he could ride them all summer as being unfit. 2022 off season party vacations. 2023 off season training camps.

Now he's talking about a tough Essendon. There's something to measure from week to week.
Who tapers off and who stays tough and committed week by week.

Hodgey thinking Scott is laying down two key building blocks of commitment.

Enjoyed Hodge's take on Essendon's tough stance.

Said that it followed on from last year publicly stating late season they were fatigued... So he could ride them all summer as being unfit. 2022 off season party vacations. 2023 off season training camps.

Now he's talking about a tough Essendon. There's something to measure from week to week.
Who tapers off and who stays tough and committed week by week.

Hodgey thinking Scott is laying down two key building blocks of commitment.

Yeah, I thought that was a pretty good take and makes a lot sense. I also liked his take on where Hawks went wrong post 2008 GF (Xavier Ellis has said the same thing numerous times as well) and how they improved on that post 2013. It should be something that all Premiership winning teams take into account.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back