The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously I've missed the boat but whats with every club playing in Adelaide for one weekend?

The AFL being a bunch of *******s as usual copying other sports.

What's the point of it though? I dont get it. Is it an away game for us or for Geelong?

Neither, AFAIK. It is an extra round added on to the season so no team plays one less home game.

Neither, AFAIK. It is an extra round added on to the season so no team plays one less home game.
Oh what? But then dont Port Adelaide and Adelaide get an extra home game?

So do we now have to play Geelong twice? Once in Geelong and once in Adelaide, that wont be fun considering how they love to smash us every time we play them.

Oh what? But then dont Port Adelaide and Adelaide get an extra home game?

So do we now have to play Geelong twice? Once in Geelong and once in Adelaide, that wont be fun considering how they love to smash us every time we play them.

“The 2023 Toyota AFL Premiership Season will be 23 matches over 24 Rounds, with each club still receiving a BYE week.”

I would say that every non-SA club will still play the same amount of home games they would have played, if there wasn’t a Round in Adelaide. And the two SA clubs will still play the same amount of away games.

Also what kind of state is Adelaide Oval gonna be in by the time Collingwood take on St Kilda on Sunday? It will have been played on Thursday night, Friday Night, twice on Saturday and then once on Sunday for a total of 5 times in three days before Pies v Saints.

I'm still confused. That article didnt really explain why its happening other than like it's "an event"..

The AFL see something work in another sport and just have to do it themselves.

I'm still confused. That article didnt really explain why its happening other than like it's "an event"..

I think that’s the only explanation tbh. I don’t think Gill and Co have actually said why exactly there is an entire round in Adelaide.

But don’t worry, like all things AFL, it will probably be gone by 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And it's just adding more rounds?

I'll be annoyed if we have to play Geelong twice now cos thats basically 0-2 for us.
Most clubs are a loss for you though. You’re s**t now.

Double ups v Collingwood, Fremantle, Bulldogs, Essendon, Port Adelaide and Sydney.

Hard, but that’s to be expected.
6 of our last 10 at Kardinia Park will be nice. Another post bye away game though, that makes it 2H - 11A.

Most clubs are a loss for you though. You’re s**t now.

Yeah still at a loss for why Jod is confused about the extra round. Especially when his team would lose to mose.

Yeah still at a loss for why Jod is confused about the extra round. Especially when his team would lose to mose.
Really is not a hard concept.

18 clubs get the same 11 home games and 11 away games from the regular 22 rounds as previous years.

1 bye week.
1 neutral game in Adelaide in an extra round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back