The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't give you Blues or Dees. Both have very underrated defences.
Simpson, Docherty, Plowman and Weitering is a very good core.
McDonald x2, Hunt, Salem, Jetta quite good as well.
Yeah our back 6 is decent. If Marchbank turns into a good player that area is well set. Nuffys on the carlton board rate it better than GWS back 6 lol

Yet Hurley, Hartley, Baguley, Dea isn't?
We don't know with Hurley et al. They've all had a year off, of course that's different to injury related but who's to say they immediately just resume where they were pre-ban? Can't just presume it will all gel straight away, none of them have played under Woosha either.

Baguley and Dea are your small defenders correct? Wouldn't have either over Docherty or Simpson, both very good footballers.
Hartley had a good first season and imo is more suited to 3rd tall defender so I think only one of he and Brown should be in defence

We don't know with Hurley et al. They've all had a year off, of course that's different to injury related but who's to say they immediately just resume where they were pre-ban? Can't just presume it will all gel straight away, none of them have played under Woosha either.

Baguley and Dea are your small defenders correct? Wouldn't have either over Docherty or Simpson, both very good footballers.
Hartley had a good first season and imo is more suited to 3rd tall defender so I think only one of he and Brown should be in defence
I would rather us play Hooker/Hurley/Hartley with Hooker playing third tall so he can zone off and intercept. But it's looking likely he will be forward.

I think it might take a few games for Hurley et al to get back to it, but I think they will be fine.

Didn't Xavier Richards ask for a trade because the cost of living in Sydney was too high?

Weird that he has signed for Sydney Uni in the NEAFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

15871957_1619531204740257_1436135927356586148_n.jpg

lol.

chef glenferry23 or anyone else who comes across as old enough to have seen the 70's or 80's Footy.

In need of a full back for a draft game. Dench, Southby, SOS, Langford, Kelvin Moore, Fletcher, Talia, Regan, Rantall, Howell, Clegg, Clement, Rance, Lake are all gone.

I have one from the 50's I have as a back up, are there any decent/prominent 60's-80's FB I am missing?

chef glenferry23 or anyone else who comes across as old enough to have seen the 70's or 80's Footy.

In need of a full back for a draft game. Dench, Southby, SOS, Langford, Kelvin Moore, Fletcher, Talia, Regan, Rantall, Howell, Clegg, Clement, Rance, Lake are all gone.

I have one from the 50's I have as a back up, are there any decent/prominent 60's-80's FB I am missing?
could Gary Ayres play there?

Gary Malarkey?

could Gary Ayres play there?

Yes but he's long gone, as is Mew.
I'm in a pickle as there's two 2000's FB I can pick but only have 2 2000-2009 selections left and still have to select Adelaide and Port. Maxed out 90's so if I don't select them 00's I've got to go 2010's which'll suck so I need an older full back.

I got to preoccupied filling the forward line and now the FB's are largely gone. Can't pick Mal Michael, Wakelin brothers. Have one 80's pick left and was planning on using it for my mandatory Fitzroy pick.

Yes but he's long gone, as is Mew.
I'm in a pickle as there's two 2000's FB I can pick but only have 2 2000-2009 selections left and still have to select Adelaide and Port. Maxed out 90's so if I don't select them 00's I've got to go 2010's which'll suck so I need an older full back.

I got to preoccupied filling the forward line and now the FB's are largely gone. Can't pick Mal Michael, Wakelin brothers. Have one 80's pick left and was planning on using it for my mandatory Fitzroy pick.
could you pick Paul Roos and then move someone else over to FB?

My 80s knowledge isn't the best.

If you haven't taken a crow then what about rutten?

Fred Goldsmith?
That could be an option Swans TOTC and I need a Swan and a 50's player.
could you pick Paul Roos and then move someone else over to FB?

My 80s knowledge isn't the best.

If you haven't taken a crow then what about rutten?
He's the one I have if I must select 00's.
this is so much harder than I thought this game would be.

Know much about Dugdale? He was a good forward pocket for North wasn't he?

So far have assembled this. Clearly a good full back is required.

B: ______, _______, ______
HB: ______, G Jakovich, R Murphy
C: ______, A Koutoufides, C Bradley
HF: M Blight, M Richardson, B Mohr
F: F Fanning, J Dunstall, ______
Foll: S Madden, D Tuddenham, R Harris
I/C: D Mundy, ______, ______, ______

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back