The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An ACL is an ACL, can do anytime anywhere.

Doing it at training, practice match or in an AFLX game, is there any difference?

You could have a player miss a chunk of the season after breaking his arm jumping over a fence...

An ACL is an ACL, can do anytime anywhere.

Doing it at training, practice match or in an AFLX game, is there any difference?
A couple of wet blankets moaned during the week about this when we named a few stars and when it looked like we’d pick Cockatoo. Agree wholeheartedly, Quinton Narkle did an ACL at training last year.

I dont think anyones argued against that
People have said oh if such and such gets injured in aflx it'd be a disaster. The point is they're just as likely to get it at training if not more likely (contested drills and impact injuries like shoulders). They're way more likely to get injured in a 3rd JLT or intro club game than in that tournament, as has been proven with 12/18 getting through pretty unscathed so far.

I dont think anyones argued against that

If not explicitly Jatz has pretty clearly said that he thinks that AFLX will result in needless injuries.

For the record, 0 injuries from two nights so far...

I dont agree thats what jatz was getting at.

For the potential of more injuries.

Just because they are more likely to be injured elsewhere doesnt make it okay.

I can almost guarantee that if a player were to do something serious they’ll be devastated that its during this silly comp as opposed to training or proper games.

anyway, jd2010 Jatz How'd the boys look? Didnt catch any of the game :p:D
I went last night. It's definitely for tv viewing for a purist at the game it's hard to keep up. Good for those who don't get the game though had a few poms and young kids around who loved it.

For us Zac fisher stood out the most. Will go to a new level this year. Of the newbies Dow looks like he'll be a player this year. O'Brien more solid than I thought so he'll get games, didn't really get to see his biggest strengths used out there but he backed into a couple of contests well. Kennedy a bit quicker than I thought he was gets around the ground well. Oshea struggled but was asked to play taller in defence than he normally would. LeBois has some tricks would love to see him and Pickett in the same side.

Had an interesting thought with our depth in the KPD. Wonder if we might use Jones as the pinch hitting ruckman and play 4 talls back there? Marchbank playing wing and defence and Jones playing ruck and defence. Weitering and ASOS permanently down back.

I went last night. It's definitely for tv viewing for a purist at the game it's hard to keep up. Good for those who don't get the game though had a few poms and young kids around who loved it.

For us Zac fisher stood out the most. Will go to a new level this year. Of the newbies Dow looks like he'll be a player this year. O'Brien more solid than I thought so he'll get games, didn't really get to see his biggest strengths used out there but he backed into a couple of contests well. Kennedy a bit quicker than I thought he was gets around the ground well. Oshea struggled but was asked to play taller in defence than he normally would. LeBois has some tricks would love to see him and Pickett in the same side.

Had an interesting thought with our depth in the KPD. Wonder if we might use Jones as the pinch hitting ruckman and play 4 talls back there? Marchbank playing wing and defence and Jones playing ruck and defence. Weitering and ASOS permanently down back.
Nice to hear

Yeah I dont really know what they'll do defensively this year. We'll also need someone to replace Doc to . You need that go to player for good execution out of the backline so that will be interesting. Obviously Simpson still there, but hoping Williamson comes on. Got to get the tall v smalls setup right. Few too many times we were a bit tall down back last season. The small forwards feasted on us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice to hear

Yeah I dont really know what they'll do defensively this year. We'll also need someone to replace Doc to . You need that go to player for good execution out of the backline so that will be interesting. Obviously Simpson still there, but hoping Williamson comes on. Got to get the tall v smalls setup right. Few too many times we were a bit tall down back last season. The small forwards feasted on us.
I think the back 6 will be ok

Plowman Jones Weitering
Simpson ASOS Mullet

Still will have Williamson, Byrne, O'Shea & Marchbank who can go through there as well. Obviously none of them as good as Doc but Plowman, Simpson, Weitering, Williamson & Marchbank are all capable to play intercept roles

Nice to hear

I think the back 6 will be ok

Plowman Jones Weitering
Simpson ASOS Mullet

Still will have Williamson, Byrne, O'Shea & Marchbank who can go through there as well. Obviously none of them as good as Doc but Plowman, Simpson, Weitering, Williamson & Marchbank are all capable to play intercept roles

Even before this happened there'd been a lot of talk that the club haven't been happy with his attitude towards pre season so far. He has so much potential but it's tough to see him ever delivering on it at this rate, the kid seems like a genuine mouth breather.

I’d take him at the Cats as well, he’s 21 and done a few stupid things, he’ll grow out of it I’m sure.

Not sure we’d have a role for him. That high half forward/mid we have someone better already and traded away another the year before last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back