The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it never happens but why wouldn't they hold on to him? They are finishing bottom 2 next year so the compo pick will either be pick 2 or pick 3. Surely they don't get anything near that offered to them this year

I know it never happens but why wouldn't they hold on to him? They are finishing bottom 2 next year so the compo pick will either be pick 2 or pick 3. Surely they don't get anything near that offered to them this year
i guess they just want to start again asap, and remove anyone who doesnt want to be there next year.

scully for a future 4th rounder is utter insanity. something feels fundamentally wrong with trading this year.
His ankle must be seriously stuffed. Obviously we are backing our fitness team to get him back while also offering GWS salary cap relief

His ankle must be seriously stuffed. Obviously we are backing our fitness team to get him back while also offering GWS salary cap relief
potentially, but giving him a 4 year deal is a big investment. think other clubs will question some of the stuff that has been done this period, and how the afl really set up this scenario with the larger salary cap and whatnot.

potentially, but giving him a 4 year deal is a big investment. think other clubs will question some of the stuff that has been done this period, and how the afl really set up this scenario with the larger salary cap and whatnot.
It does seem like a long contract but they might know that it’ll take a long time to get him back to his best. So could be a 2 year investment in him getting in right and 2 years of him at his best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only a 3 year deal with triggers for the fourth year (games played).

Wish Duryea all the best. Fantastic clubman who got the best out of himself. Courageous and pretty reliable kick. Will be solid for the dogs

If I were a betting man, I'd say that Tim Kelly will definitely still be at Geelong at the end of the day....

hawthorn get wingard
port get burton, pick 5, pick 15 and sam mayes
brisbane get pick 6, pick 35 and a future 3rd rounder.

port have absolutely destroyed that on the surface.
the future third is coming to hawks i believe

Sounds more right. Move down 1 pick and get pick 35 for Mayes
Hawthorn has traded Ryan Burton, Rd 1 (15), Rd 2 (35) & its Future Rd 4 Selection (on traded from W.Bulldogs) to Port Adelaide for Chad Wingard and its Future Rd 3 Selection.

and

The @brisbanelions have traded Sam Mayes and pick 5 to @PAFC for pick 6, 35 and a future third round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back