The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ablett, Buddy, Scarlett.
Hmmm is it a good thing or will the earth implode that I agree with all 3 choices here. ;)

Just couldn’t go with Carey, some call him King Carey yet there was 3 forwards in his era better than him. Hmmm.

Hmmm is it a good thing or will the earth implode that I agree with all 3 choices here. ;)

Just couldn’t go with Carey, some call him King Carey yet there was 3 forwards in his era better than him. Hmmm.
Carey was a different forward to Dunstall, Plugger and Senior though. Aside from Dunstall he was more successful than the other two also.

Probably out of them three the closest thing to Carey with playing style/characteristics was Dunstall in regards to onfield leadership and stuff.

Judd - Gaz did it for longer but at the absolute peak of their powers, Judd was just unbelievable. The difference for me was how damaging they were. Gaz could have a great game but have 45 touches. Judd could have 22 and have the same if not more impact.

I'll take Carey and Gov as my other two.

Judd - Gaz did it for longer but at the absolute peak of their powers, Judd was just unbelievable. The difference for me was how damaging they were. Gaz could have a great game but have 45 touches. Judd could have 22 and have the same if not more impact.

Genuinely surprised you didn’t select Gerrard, Fowler and Suarez Jodly :D

Judd... Ok.

Would with bias take Gaz as he's the best of his generation by some way but I can handle Judd being selected.
Buddy or Duck. Ok again.

Gov? Come on now. He's the 4th best defender in that list.
Scarlett>>Fletcher>>Rance>>>>>>>>>>McGovern

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judd... Ok.

Would with bias take Gaz as he's the best of his generation by some way but I can handle Judd being selected.
Buddy or Duck. Ok again.

Gov? Come on now. He's the 4th best defender in that list.
Scarlett>>Fletcher>>Rance>>>>>>>>>>McGovern
Gaz and Judd werent at their best at the same time. Gaz' best was when Judd had joined Carlton when Judd's best was at West Coast when he was incredible.

As for Gov. He's easily better than Rance for me. Totally different defender to Scarlett but kinda similar to Fletcher. Fletcher liked to clean everything up, leave his man, be everywhere, Gov does the same but is far more dominant in the air.

Scarlett a totally different defender as he is a lock down, one on one, scraggy defender. The opposite to Gov.

Gov is still early in his career but I'm still taking him! Particularly in today's game.

Or Glass.

In fact I'd go Glass over Gov.
By far the Eagles best defender in recent times.
No he wasn't.

Gov is streets better than Glassy was. Better mark, miles better kick, better judge of the play. On par 1-on-1.

At this rate, when the Eagles best side is picked for the 50th anniversary, McGovern will be the first name picked. He's phenomenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back