The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

To be fair, Jod just had a 3-4 day journey back home. Could be massively jet lagged still and only made aware of the news when he posted.

it was arrogant and inevitable that they were going to have the same fate.

anyways, the race to the bottom in terms of footy department clearouts has begun. collingwood cleared all theirs out already

it was arrogant and inevitable that they were going to have the same fate.

anyways, the race to the bottom in terms of footy department clearouts has begun. collingwood cleared all theirs out already

Arrogant? The CMO told them, and in fact encouraged them, to continue. The AFL hasn't suspended because they did anything wrong at all, but instead external factors.

The fact people point to state leagues being suspended as some sort of evidence that the AFL should have shut down - given different hygeine practices and capabilities of the AFL - is just bizarre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give me some inspiring words that we are going to return to 18 clubs in healthy positions and no one will end up folding. Is that something that could happen?
18 clubs will survive. beyond that though is far less certain.

18 clubs will survive. beyond that though is far less certain.

I'm less optimistic than you.

I think there's a few clubs in Melbourne and one up the coast that could be in trouble.

Arrogant? The CMO told them, and in fact encouraged them, to continue. The AFL hasn't suspended because they did anything wrong at all, but instead external factors.

The fact people point to state leagues being suspended as some sort of evidence that the AFL should have shut down - given different hygeine practices and capabilities of the AFL - is just bizarre.

‘yep, it’s only the inability to travel interstate that has stopped it. Could have had the Derby, Showdown, Battle of the Bridge etc and got one more week in :p

I'm less optimistic than you.

I think there's a few clubs in Melbourne and one up the coast that could be in trouble.
i think the afl will ensure it doesnt happen. arent they contractually obligated to have 18 teams compete?

‘yep, it’s only the inability to travel interstate that has stopped it. Could have had the Derby, Showdown, Battle of the Bridge etc and got one more week in :p
Yeah I wondered if they were going to try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back