The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I was at the freo game last year when it was something like 10 goals to 0 at HT and stayed purely because I saw multiple efforts for that scoreline to not be even worse. Went unrewarded on the scoreboard and was basically a side that wasn’t good enough to compete with Freo. But that first half today in a pretty even contest ability wise was not good enough. Apart from a couple of chases from Silvagni and a good tackle from Walsh there was nothing to hang your hat on from a carlton supporters perspective. The way this season has gone that would mean we are cherry ripe for a win next, but we’ve got Collingwood lol
hell, i stayed for this game

http://sanfl.com.au/league/matches/104450202/

wish i didnt.

Freo look on here, didn't realise they could go second with a win, quietly having a great season.
I blame you for the play being the complete opposite since then

I just watched a quarter of football which was won by a team that kicked 0.3.

Haha, I don't mind this kind of game sometimes, it's so intense, the crowd gets so into it whenever there's half a chance to score, and each goal means so much.

It's why with all the carry on about scoring last year I never really bought into there being an issue with the occasional game like this.

One of the best “I am glad I didn’t leave moments” for some people came inside the MCG in 1997 when Australia played Iran for one of the final World Cup spots. In our section there there a few bogans abusing (I think if I remember it was a racist nature too) about 3 quiet Iranian fans who were sitting about 5-6 rows in front of us when Australia were 2-0 up. The insults turned louder and then Iran scored to equalise and were heading through if it stayed that way and the Iranian fans started waving these small Iranian flags that actually managed to piss off most people in that section (not only the abusive fans). The real kicker was one of the bogans turned around and said, “what are you so happy about? Australia are going through”, imagine their surprise when they were told Iran were going through and if they ever watched a game before in their lives they’d know what away goals are.

The moral of the story? It is not over until it’s over and their are some really stupid people that attend sporting events.

One of the best “I am glad I didn’t leave moments” for some people came inside the MCG in 1997 when Australia played Iran for one of the final World Cup spots. In our section there there a few bogans abusing (I think if I remember it was a racist nature too) about 3 quiet Iranian fans who were sitting about 5-6 rows in front of us when Australia were 2-0 up. The insults turned louder and then Iran scored to equalise and were heading through if it stayed that way and the Iranian fans started waving these small Iranian flags that actually managed to ******** most people in that section (not only the abusive fans). The real kicker was one of the bogans turned around and said, “what are you so happy about? Australia are going through”, imagine their surprise when they were told Iran were going through and if they ever watched a game before in their lives they’d know what away goals are.

The moral of the story? It is not over until it’s over and their are some really stupid people that attend sporting events.

Another was Hewitt coming from 2 sets and a break down against Fed in Davis Cup.

Fanfooty has given everyone but Fyfe the ‘mare’ logo LOL.

As for us. Season set up now. With North, Dogs, Suns, Swans and Tigers before the bye. Should go in the match against Richmond 10-1.

You'll smack us by 100. Have no doubt. And Rohan will kick a bag. Bookmark it now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fanfooty has given everyone but Fyfe the ‘mare’ logo LOL.

As for us. Season set up now. With North, Dogs, Suns, Swans and Tigers before the bye. Should go in the match against Richmond 10-1.

Geez. Greedy much? :D

I dont think too many didn't think this was over when the side who has won 3 of their past 40-odd were 50+ points down in the 2nd quarter

It was meant as a joke post. I wasn’t having a dig at you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back