The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely forgot it’s starting today, for some reason I thought it starts tomorrow (the series here usually start on Thursday?).

Anyway, eventful first half hour I missed. Root gone now for a duck. This is going to get really ugly.

the chef special
I will continue to do this all summer if required!

7d05d382cf8f0ecf5a21407b989b7297

Completely forgot it’s starting today, for some reason I thought it starts tomorrow (the series here usually start on Thursday?).

Anyway, eventful first half hour I missed. Root gone now for a duck. This is going to get really ugly.
Don't know if it's because I don't watch FTA these days but it feels like there's been very little build-up to this series

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For some reason I always thought the GABBA test was Thur-Mon

With the way this one is going Weds-Fri could be on the cards!
It has traditionally been the case. Gives a bit more break between this and the AO test

Paine being a bit of a creep could be a blessing in disguise. Cummins has had a faultless start to his captaincy and Carey looks pretty tidy behind the stumps.
He hasn't had to keep to Lyon yet

Don't know if it's because I don't watch FTA these days but it feels like there's been very little build-up to this series

Yes I’m the same, can’t recall the last time I watched FTA television (probably the India Test series last summer). Haven’t really noticed much build up aside from the Paine saga/Cummins appointment as new captain. It’s definitely an adjustment watching FTA again and dealing with the unrelenting ads.

On the match itself, looks like the aim for Australia will he to just bat once. This is a very meek opening day by England and I really hope it’s not representative of the series itself. At least want to see a contest.

Doesn't always look like this
View attachment 1294062
Australia would still be batting on this wicket had we won the toss. It's not that vicious as to cause a 140 odd all out score.

Also; This will haunt England captains into never bowling first at The GABBA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back