Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

Another one who tends to interfere in true crime cases with false allegations, David Icke. He's just been suspended from twitter. LOL.
And I heard he was suspended from YouTube as well LOL

Found this new podcast about the Adelaide Oval abductions that touches on the Beaumonts, Yatina & Arthur Brown.

Beaumont suspect.jpg
Fairfax's Sydney tabloid, The Sun, sponsored retired celebrity "ace" NSW detective, Ray "Gunner" Kelly, to visit and assist in SA. At first, he was welcomed by local police. After they realised he was sponsored by The Sun, Kelly returned to NSW the day after he arrived. A media circus ensued, with media outlets (my understanding: all Sydney-based) attempting to outscoop one another for days. A source attributed to Kelly saying he said words were put in his mouth. The result? This vital clue withdrawn from the public eye by SAPOL. Possibly relegated to second-tier information according to SAPOL's then latest filing system from Scotland Yard. Kelly was likely given this lead to follow-up on by SAPOL.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the reasons I went to the reference library was to see if I could find any Wenzels mention as there may have been confusion over when it happened

I did not see anything in my search , but my time was limited and microfilm is annoyingly slow

I note the postman Patterson changed his mind from ''when I started my shift at 1.45'' to '' I saw them in the morning after they got off the bus''

I wonder if anybody checked his work times?

I also noted , as has been mentioned that the bus driver was I.D. Munro

Hello, I started reading this board 4 days ago and just now got to the end. Lately in the thread there has been some speculation about 1/ the children perhaps knowing their abductor, 2/ perhaps accepting money and/or a lift from someone they (or Jane at least) trusted, and 3/ even that maybe someone known to the family was involved. Very early on in the thread someone mentioned that there was an uncle who was a taxi driver and who lived in Glenelg. If that’s true, what is known about this man? His physical description? Did the uncle know that Mr Beaumont would not be at the beach that day? One of the women witnesses (Woman 2 I think) seemed to suggest the children were quite comfortable with the man who was playing around with them on the lawn (towel snaps were mentioned). Was it the uncle who was mucking around with them and then said “cheerio” and headed to the changing sheds by himself, because the kids were off to Wenzels and then to catch the bus home? And then someone else swooped in?

Also the poster who lived in the area at the time said the Wenzel’s bakery street was only for buses, no parking for cars - what about taxis? Was there a taxi rank there too? Did he give them a lift?

More recently someone here said there is/was an uncle in Canberra. Same man, or are there two uncles?

I very much hope the uncle(s) had nothing to do with it but in all the great depth and wide-ranging discussion on here I haven’t seen anything about him, apart from that first brief mention of an uncle being a taxi driver in Glenelg, and then the recent one about an uncle in Canberra. Would be good to be able to rule him/them out.

Hello, I started reading this board 4 days ago and just now got to the end. Lately in the thread there has been some speculation about 1/ the children perhaps knowing their abductor, 2/ perhaps accepting money and/or a lift from someone they (or Jane at least) trusted, and 3/ even that maybe someone known to the family was involved. Very early on in the thread someone mentioned that there was an uncle who was a taxi driver and who lived in Glenelg. If that’s true, what is known about this man? His physical description? Did the uncle know that Mr Beaumont would not be at the beach that day? One of the women witnesses (Woman 2 I think) seemed to suggest the children were quite comfortable with the man who was playing around with them on the lawn (towel snaps were mentioned). Was it the uncle who was mucking around with them and then said “cheerio” and headed to the changing sheds by himself, because the kids were off to Wenzels and then to catch the bus home? And then someone else swooped in?

Also the poster who lived in the area at the time said the Wenzel’s bakery street was only for buses, no parking for cars - what about taxis? Was there a taxi rank there too? Did he give them a lift?

More recently someone here said there is/was an uncle in Canberra. Same man, or are there two uncles?

I very much hope the uncle(s) had nothing to do with it but in all the great depth and wide-ranging discussion on here I haven’t seen anything about him, apart from that first brief mention of an uncle being a taxi driver in Glenelg, and then the recent one about an uncle in Canberra. Would be good to be able to rule him/them out.
do you have any theories on what happened?

What do you believe is the connection between the Beaumonts and John Martin's ??
I am trying to establish a connection betweent the Adelaide oval case and the Beaumont case.
My main theory is a student teacher took the Beaumonts. But Iam not sure who took the AO girls.
I do explore other theories however, the beaumonts could have been taken by a person rich enough to cover his tracks.
The AO girls were last sighted near the sister company of John Martins, a factory near Bonython Park.

This is a curiosity question.
We are all probably familiar with the Andrew McIntyre story re the beaumonts with Max, Munro etc.
My question is when people think Andrew first started telling his story? Perhaps the details of what the original story was?
I would imagine it came after some altercation with his dad. I dont think he mentioned in his early life.

do you have any theories on what happened?

I don’t have any theories: more like scenarios unsupported by any evidence at all.

Assuming the uncle was of the right age at the time, and has a physical description similar to the man seen by the people on the bench at the foreshore (I have no idea about that):

1/ he plays with the kids, they’ve lost their money, he asks the people on the bench about it, they haven’t seen anything, he gives the kids a pound note (generous uncle style), and heads off to the changing sheds, the kids to the bakery.

2/ he’s connected somehow to the younger man (TM?), knows Mr Beaumont won’t be there that day, knows younger man is at the beach too, connects with him, hands off kids.

3/ he has been eyeing off Jane for years, knows Mr Beaumont is not at the beach, sends them to the bakery with money, waits in his taxi at taxi rank, they get in willingly, no fuss, drives off with them.

Totally unsupported by any evidence at all.

Further to the above, (3) in particular, he asked people on bench about money because, well, the kids lost their money, nothing more to it than that. Gives them pound note, he goes to changing sheds having told kids to meet him outside bakery. From there goes to car park to get taxi. Drives back to bakery, waits at taxi rank, kids get in. Until this point he has not planned/decided/organised anything. Takes kids somewhere, perhaps his place in Glenelg? Sees his opportunity with Jane, it gets ugly, murders all three.

Yeah. You get the feeling he and or his mates wanted to have sex with Jane/Arnna then murdered all three.

And yes, the summer scorcher meant the children's corpses would have started to putrefy and smell rather rapidly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back