Doomsday/Prophecies The Bible - signs of the end

Remove this Banner Ad

God has given mankind the bible. If you choose not to believe that, that's not God's fault, nor will it be a legitimate excuse when God rids the world of the disobedient.

It is so his fault.
How could he expect someone who doesn't have serious psychological or intellectual problems to take that text literally.

The punishment is death.

If you had such a big heart, then why are you not everyday thanking your creator for the life He has given you and everything in your life which he has given to you, so that your life is more enjoyable.

Like I said.
Your god is an unforgiving psychopath with very low self esteem.

Anyway, how do you know you are even following the right one?

What if it turns out that the muslims are the ones who have got it right?

Then you'd be screwed.

They've got about as much evidence as you that theirs is the one, true psychopathic God.

How come there are so many different religions?

Is God trying to trick people into following the wrong ones so that he can torment them for eternity?

Your God clearly needs intensive psychological help, and should be medicated and probably sedated and locked in a padded room so that he can no longer be a danger to himself or others.

It is so his fault.
How could he expect someone who doesn't have serious psychological or intellectual problems to take that text literally.

Like I said.
Your god is an unforgiving psychopath with very low self esteem.

Anyway, how do you know you are even following the right one?

What if it turns out that the muslims are the ones who have got it right?

Then you'd be screwed.

They've got about as much evidence as you that theirs is the one, true psychopathic God.

How come there are so many different religions?

Is God trying to trick people into following the wrong ones so that he can torment them for eternity?

Your God clearly needs intensive psychological help, and should be medicated and probably sedated and locked in a padded room so that he can no longer be a danger to himself or others.[/quote

Taking the bible seriously or not is a personal choice, hence it not being God's fault. That's not even disputable.

Like I've already said, your comments are childish.

From a personal POV, I know I'm following the God of the bible because He has given me an understanding of the scriptures. Without His holy spirit that he has kindly provided me, understanding of the deeper things of God would not be possible.
Love displayed among all the adherents of my belief, worldwide, speaks for itself and is in line with what the bible says: You know you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves. Such love has been displayed by a woman who shares my beliefs, whom my wife and I were talking to, only having met her a mere a 15 minutes before for the first time when she offered to put me and my wife up at her place if we were ever to have another stop by or visit to Carnarvon again. This a but one such instance. A similar thing occurred when a white Australian couple that I know went to America and was kindly welcomed into their home and put up by an African-American couple whom they've never previously met. Such love shows that the people who share the belief I do are not divided on racial lines, but united by love of God and each other, due to their common belief, no matter where in the world we go.

What if this, what if that. The hypotheticals are endless. No point answering. Do you have anything specific though.

If your childish remarks continue. Any question or remark that has these will now be ignored.

Satan has allowed the creation of so many religions so as to confuse the issue of which is the one that the true God approves. Satan has used the many religions to misguide billions of well intentioned people throughout the history of mankind, to subtly steer them away from God's purpose, while keeping them thinking that they're doing the right thing by God.
As to which religion is the right one that God approves, the proof is in the pudding, so to speak. It's the religion that actually carries out God's will on a global scale and takes heed and implements all of God's commandments laid out in the bible. Knowing which one who does this will point to who's on the right path and who's on the wrong path.

If you've read and understood the bible, you'd understand that it's not within God's nature to torment eternally. Eternal torment as punishment isn't even biblical. So, if you're going to make a claim, at least get your facts right first. Trolling does nothing positive for your credibility.

The true God is a danger to you because by means of your own attitude, you are in line for destruction. The bible makes mention of those with attitudes like yours, and it doesn't end well for the likes of you. With such childish mockery coming from you, I have no problem saying good riddance to you and those like you.

Your original post did not say "sometimes" it insinuated that more often than not scientific research had a finding corrupted by the researchers subconscious desire for a particular result which is patently false.

Research rarely presupposes a result. More often than not research is looking for a clue to the cause of a known result.
Thalidomide was the act of a greedy corporation and is still being sold today in third world countries with little controls. After the tragedy of the 60's they were flogging it of as a dietary supplement in India. You cannot possibly even suggest that the researchers foresaw the problem and hid the results? The problems Thalidomide caused in pregnant women were discovered after the drugs use. You could argue there was not enough research. I never even hinted that mistakes are never made in research.
Religion is not a discipline.
There are frauds in every aspect of life.
Fraud is not a subconscious act.
No human endeavour is immune to human foibles.
Science makes specific allowance for this and the scientific method has mechanisms to detect, combat and correct this.
Religion does not. Far from it.
We have sidetracked the thread a little, but, What the Hey...!! :D
True. I did not say 'sometimes' - nor did I insinuate "more often than not". That is your inference, rather than my statement. I simply said it does occur and suddenly this is construed as a blanket statement and an all out attack on science methodology? (I might pay more attention to the minutiae in future. :))
I still stand by the original premise: science research is subject to corruption by individuals. Now before you fire up again, I will qualify that statement:

1. Some of those corruptions are wilful; others are sub-conscious. Such is the nature of humans.
  2. It is rare - but it still occurs.
  3. The checks and balances are very stringent, but not bullet-proof.
  4. Any investigation is exposed to presupposition, bias or external interference: Science no less, BUT science does have those stringent controls which limit it more than virtually any other discipline - because it recognises the human condition!
  5. Although religion and science disciplines can share some cognitive skills they do come from different premises. I see them as dissimilar, not mutually exclusive per se.
(Thalidomide is a sorry example of such corruption. Australian obstetrician, Bill McBride, raised the alarm in the 60's and was eventually targeted by big pharmaceuticals who, with the complicity of other (their own?) researchers, worked successfully to discredit his work! He contributed to his own downfall by subsequently falsifying research into another drug because he feared another Thalidomide tragedy. A starting premise, I believe!?
His Thalidomide work was vindicated after half a century when the UK Parliament formally apologised to the victims last year. A victory that also supports your (and my own) faith in the integrity of the process, but maybe not its inerrability!)

Classic Christian position? If Jesus is passed off as God in classical Christian belief, then classical Christianity, as you call it, has deviated into apostasy and is not Christian at all. (The bible did say that apostasy would come in, especially after Jesus and the apostles died, yet this classical Christianity was the first on the scene at the time when the apostasy was said to be established) My bible based belief is that the trinity doctrine is false and unbiblical.
The trinity doctrine dishonours God by placing Jesus and the holy spirit as God's equal.

The creed is man made, not biblical. Since it's unbiblical, it's not from God. Who're you to say what is Christian and what is not, especially when you adhere to a creed that's unbiblical. To be a Christian, one must adhere to what the bible says, not made up creeds and the following of traditions of men that have no basis in God's word.

OK. Thanks for clearing up your position Evil Pleb. It is clear you are not a Xian. Thanks for being honest and allowing us to know where you stand. I am sorry you have misread the bible - more likely read a corrupted version written by the JWs or Morons or some such.

Actually, to a be Xian one must have put his faith in Jesus Christ as both Lord and saviour - the bible is crystal clear about that mate.

Yes the creeds are human and not to taken at the same level as scripture. However they reaffirm the bible teaching in a more concise way than having to read thru the whole bible every time to come to that conclusion. They are a summary if you like. The Nicene Creed quoted above is accepted world wide in Xian denominations as representative of a true Xian understanding of the scriptures (bible).

We have sidetracked the thread a little, but, What the Hey...!! :D
True. I did not say 'sometimes' - nor did I insinuate "more often than not". That is your inference, rather than my statement. I simply said it does occur and suddenly this is construed as a blanket statement and an all out attack on science methodology? (I might pay more attention to the minutiae in future. :))
I still stand by the original premise: science research is subject to corruption by individuals. Now before you fire up again, I will qualify that statement:

1. Some of those corruptions are wilful; others are sub-conscious. Such is the nature of humans.
  2. It is rare - but it still occurs.
  3. The checks and balances are very stringent, but not bullet-proof.
  4. Any investigation is exposed to presupposition, bias or external interference: Science no less, BUT science does have those stringent controls which limit it more than virtually any other discipline - because it recognises the human condition!
  5. Although religion and science disciplines can share some cognitive skills they do come from different premises. I see them as dissimilar, not mutually exclusive per se.
(Thalidomide is a sorry example of such corruption. Australian obstetrician, Bill McBride, raised the alarm in the 60's and was eventually targeted by big pharmaceuticals who, with the complicity of other (their own?) researchers, worked successfully to discredit his work! He contributed to his own downfall by subsequently falsifying research into another drug because he feared another Thalidomide tragedy. A starting premise, I believe!?
His Thalidomide work was vindicated after half a century when the UK Parliament formally apologised to the victims last year. A victory that also supports your (and my own) faith in the integrity of the process, but maybe not its inerrability!)

Call it a draw....:D
Footies back so I can't be ****ed.....
Science works. Religion tries hard.

Forgiveness is God's gift, but God has discretion as to who receives it. One can not continue in persistent sin and expect that God will forgive them just because that's what God supposedly does. More is required if one wants to attain forgiveness.
Repentance - ceasing to deliberately sin.
Not just saying that one believes in God and saying that they're saved because they're already in God's graces, but actively doing God's will.
God will forgive these ones.

I agree with God being a God who elects.

Yes cheap grace is something to be avoided, but even if one lives a life that at times is characterized by cheap grace, it is still the acceptance of the grace in JC that saves, not the following behavior - other wise it becomes salvation by works. Do you see what I'm saying here? Sanctification is also the work of God's grace in the HS.

God is willing and ready to accept and forgive everyone. But if they continually reject Jesus - that is the sin that by their own thoughts and actions disqualifies them from God's salvation.

I think we need to explain better that it is the sin of rejecting jesus that is the one that leads to Gods wrath. people see sin as sex, money, beer etc. But what they miss is that God thinks the greatest sin is rejecting him in Jesus Christ.

That is why it is so central to the Xian faith that we acknowledge that the real and original bible teaches that jesus is co-eternal and of the same substance as God - Jesus is God become man. just no point in the faith if this is not the case.

Call it a draw....:D
Footies back so I can't be ****ed.....
Science works. Religion tries hard.

That sounds like a "win" for the Xians PE.;):D But yes I know how you feel!

This is not meant to be a smart arse statement, but to point out a sharp and biting reality: - it is hard to come up with a standard of proof because of what it may reveal about our bias etc. Is the mid truly open, or is that just a nice sounding phrase?

a brief history of the apocalypse - abhota

not sure if it's updated anymore. list of predictions, failed and future predictions.

Religious extremist William Bell claimed the world would be destroyed by earthquake on this day. Since there had been an earthquake on February 8 and another on March 8, he reasoned that the world must end in another 28 days' time! Again, Londoners gathered in boats on the Thames or headed for the hills. When his prediction didn't come true, he was promptly thrown into Bedlam, London's notorious nuthouse.

Consider the ''doomsday equation.'' In 1960, Science magazine published an article titled ''Doomsday: Friday, Nov. 13, A.D. 2026.'' It was predicted that in this year the population of the world would go to infinity.

a brief history of the apocalypse - abhota

not sure if it's updated anymore. list of predictions, failed and future predictions.

yeah, as common as dirt these types of predictions.

Not what the bible teaches. Jesus says no one, not even him, but only the father knows the exact time of the seconding coming.

But we can read the general signs and some feel there are signs showing that things are heating up. They may be right. It doesn't really matter.

The key thing as far as the bible is concerned is getting right with God thru a living faith in JC. We could get hit by a bus tomorrow - that is reason enough to get right with God if we want to take this line of challenging people to faith (i don't want to take this line).

Our own certain and limited life spans should be reason enough to act on seeking out God without having to try and scare people into action with "the sky is falling" lines of Xian argument - even if they turn out to be true.

I agree with God being a God who elects.

Yes cheap grace is something to be avoided, but even if one lives a life that at times is characterized by cheap grace, it is still the acceptance of the grace in JC that saves, not the following behavior - other wise it becomes salvation by works. Do you see what I'm saying here? Sanctification is also the work of God's grace in the HS.

God is willing and ready to accept and forgive everyone. But if they continually reject Jesus - that is the sin that by their own thoughts and actions disqualifies them from God's salvation.

I think we need to explain better that it is the sin of rejecting jesus that is the one that leads to Gods wrath. people see sin as sex, money, beer etc. But what they miss is that God thinks the greatest sin is rejecting him in Jesus Christ.

That is why it is so central to the Xian faith that we acknowledge that the real and original bible teaches that jesus is co-eternal and of the same substance as God - Jesus is God become man. just no point in the faith if this is not the case.
Jewish faith is pointless?
Which others?

That sounds like a "win" for the Xians PE.;):D But yes I know how you feel!

This is not meant to be a smart arse statement, but to point out a sharp and biting reality: - it is hard to come up with a standard of proof because of what it may reveal about our bias etc. Is the mid truly open, or is that just a nice sounding phrase?
Bit flippant. Soz.
I have heaps of footy related commitments....
Not the least of which involves finishing our renovations before I fly down for the ANZAC Day game.

Jewish faith is pointless?
Which others?

the
faith mate. We are talking re Xians here.

But yes the Jews are also under judgement at this point in time for rejecting Gods messiah. However Romans 9-11 in the NT indicates that the b/c the Jews were elected as God's chosen people, they will be brought into the people of God. I don't know if that means all Jewish people, and I can't remember (need to study it again) under what circumstances that re-folding in takes place. Have a look yourself if you want. Would only take 15 mins to read - chtps 9-11 Romans.

Cheers, CF.

Bit flippant. Soz.
I have heaps of footy related commitments....
Not the least of which involves finishing our renovations before I fly down for the ANZAC Day game.

:thumbsu:

I don't know you from a bar of soap really PE :eek:. But all the best for the pies this year, and for all your winter commitments etc. Hope they all run smoothly.

Cheers, CF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just as in the days of Noah, the vast majority will take no note until it's upon them. Only then will they believe that God exists. The current events occuring on an unprecedented scale are foretold in the bible, but prophecies are mocked and ignored. By the time that the unbelievers finally believe, it'll be too late for them to have a change of heart, for at that time they will be acutely aware that their existence is about to end.

Interesting coincidence is that the contemporaries of Noah laughed, mocked and ignored him before the global flood, and it seems that just like the people of those days, people today take no note and have a similar attitude. There's no wondering why God will justly destroy such people. Good ridance.
great post, particularly the last part. It may not be the most the Christianly thing to say but i cant wait until the tribulation (if its my lifetime) because i know worse come to worse seven years max until i'm in heaven followed by the new Jerusalem, and the best part will be (other than joining Jesus and God) is know more idiots that that think its fun to poke fun at Religion. I dont deserve this place but because of my love anf faith i'll hopefully get it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back