The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh FFS. Hopefully he is just crook or something.

He’s out with a groin problem.

I’m guessing we’ll have VVD-Gomez partnering up with Van Den Berg on the bench. Not sure if Nat Phillips is still injured or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to the protest before our game with them in their stupid Norwich colours.

He’s out with a groin problem.

Soccer clubs seem to get a lot more soft tissue injuries than AFL clubs.

I wonder if it has anything to do with something I heard Darren Burgess say in a podcast where he contrasted the different S&C cultures between the two. He said AFL players would do everything you told them, whereas in soccer the players have so much power they would just say 'nup I'm not doing that' to anything they didn't like.

Soccer clubs seem to get a lot more soft tissue injuries than AFL clubs.

I wonder if it has anything to do with something I heard Darren Burgess say in a podcast where he contrasted the different S&C cultures between the two. He said AFL players would do everything you told them, whereas in soccer the players have so much power they would just say 'nup I'm not doing that' to anything they didn't like.

I doubt Jurg would tolerate any player that doesn't do exactly as told

Think the issue is that we had a shorter pre-season period and Jurg tried to work the players harder to get them up to speed, so that put us at risk of more niggles. We'll be fine later in the season, hopefully we can get away with the thinner squad right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back