Cooldude

TheBrownDog
Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
Apart from missing all the good chances, conceding goals and injuries piling up, we're going alright

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.
Already 4 points behind City. Lol.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I’m in mourning. Nunez would want to produce peak Ronaldo performances when he returns.
Zaha catches us on the counter again with that crazy high line. It’s becoming all to repetitive.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
The Robertson substitution was interesting. Seemed like a bit of a punishment/learning thing for allowing himself to get frustrated.

Beating Liverpool 101: Defend in numbers, fake injuries, take forever to play the ball, delay, niggle, zero possession, get under Liverpool's skin so they become impatient... score on the counter vs high line.

Klopp fully aware of this and I'm sure would have made it a focus not to get sucked in like we have in the past.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I've been on the fence with Nunez the entire time but I'm starting to lean heavily towards flop territory. He doesnt possess a first touch at all, petulant and gets sent off to put us further in trouble. Doesnt pass it too well, he just seems the type for a mid table team who counter better teams and getting him to run in behind and try to score. He doesnt look the goods when he has to be part of the build up against teams that sit.

Miss Mane massively.

Rorys458

Premium Platinum
Apr 20, 2001
Adelaide Oval / Anfield
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd,Liverpool, WWT Eagles.
I've been on the fence with Nunez the entire time but I'm starting to lean heavily towards flop territory. He doesnt possess a first touch at all, petulant and gets sent off to put us further in trouble. Doesnt pass it too well, he just seems the type for a mid table team who counter better teams and getting him to run in behind and try to score. He doesnt look the goods when he has to be part of the build up against teams that sit.

Miss Mane massively.
Hysterical post.

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.

Miss Mane massively.
He has a long way to go. His technique isn't great at all.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Also we've basically lost the league in the first two games. Effectively from here, we need to beat City by 5 points to win the title. Very, very unlikely.

Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
I'm looking at Nunez the same way a woman looks at her wife beating husband/boyfriend when he hits her for the first time. WTF was that? One of the hallmarks of Klopp's teams has been discipline and and he goes and does that.

This is going to be a long season. We needed investment instead we sold half the *en team to buy this wife beater. This is on the owners.

Get the midfield sorted out ffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cooldude

TheBrownDog
Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC

Miss Mane massively.

Apart from the send off, he wasn't the only problem today, both him and Mo missed some huge chances

We couldn't really build from midfield and just hoofed a lot of long balls and slammed crosses, which made it hard for a front 3

Teams know they'll get a chance to score against us every game, it sucks. When you're missing chances up front and conceding from your first shot almost every game, surprise surprise you don't win matches

QuietB

Hall of Famer
May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Man utd have been total but this time next week could be above us.

Draws to wins is the clubs biggest weakness the last 10 years

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure ManU have the discipline to sit deep and defend like that all game.

Nunez is not the problem. Midfield is. Liverpool have barely got by in previous years with a vanilla midfield and this year is a step too far.

Missing Mane massively - the ball is simply not popping around between the forwards.

But, Elliot - Fab - Milner, can we really be surprised there is no creativity from midfield.

You know Palace are going to sit deep. Liverpool have refused to address this issue.

Cooldude

TheBrownDog
Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
We do need to rethink the midfield shape, it isn't helping us going forward or stopping counter attacks right now, both of which we're struggling with big time

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
We had Nat Phillips at RCB in a high line,
We had Arnold at RB who is an attacking full back,
And in front of them was Elliott, who doesn't cover the space behind like Henderson does.

Just not enough protection on that right side.

Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Cant believe we are back to playing Phillps again. Gomez just cant get himself on the pitch can he?

Surely we sign another mid if Milner is needed on a regular basis. Shouldnt be playing more than occasionally off the bench & cup games at most.

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Klopp says Matip will miss 2 weeks with a groin strain, both Henderson and Gomez had minor concerns so they couldn't play the full game.

Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Klopp says Matip will miss 2 weeks with a groin strain, both Henderson and Gomez had minor concerns so they couldn't play the full game.

Thatll be 4 weeks at least for Matip. His recoveries from soft tissue injuries are always slow.

Gomez always has an issue.

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Man utd have been total but this time next week could be above us.

Draws to wins is the clubs biggest weakness the last 10 years

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep. agreed. and/or dropping points to lowly sides.

bloody hell we're cursed.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Peel, Packers
It's going to be a fun season watching City win by 20+ points with a +150 GD.

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
My side for United.

Diaz-Salah-Elliott
Milner-Fabinho-Henderson
Robbo-VVD-Gomez-Arnold
Alisson

Subs: Adrian, Phillips, Van Den Berg, Kostas, Chambers, Bajcetic, Clark, Keita, Carvalho

Remove this Banner Ad