The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont even think CB is a problem. Or at least one we can put off for another year. Everyone thinks our defenders are suddenly s**t but you can put any defenders in front of our midfield and they will struggle because teams are just walking through our midfield and exposing our defense.

We have to defend as a team and that start from the forwards backwards but our back four is just getting zero help and suddenly waves of players are running at like two defenders. If we sort the midfield in the summer, get Diaz, Nunez, Jota back fit and firing the defence will be fine.

Then in 12 months, perhaps a replacement for Matip.

I dont even think CB is a problem. Or at least one we can put off for another year. Everyone thinks our defenders are suddenly s**t but you can put any defenders in front of our midfield and they will struggle because teams are just walking through our midfield and exposing our defense.

We have to defend as a team and that start from the forwards backwards but our back four is just getting zero help and suddenly waves of players are running at like two defenders. If we sort the midfield in the summer, get Diaz, Nunez, Jota back fit and firing the defence will be fine.

Then in 12 months, perhaps a replacement for Matip.

Cmon mate. Matip next season will be pushing 33 and very injury prone. VVD isnt getting younger either but thats less of an issue wirh his posirioning & reading of the game. We gottta sign a young Matip replacement wirh plenty of hunger and legs. That way we can go back to the aggressive high line that Jurg craves.

Jogo it seems will not be the player he was before injuries. But ok as a #4th choice.

Cmon mate. Matip next season will be pushing 33 and very injury prone. VVD isnt getting younger either but thats less of an issue wirh his posirioning & reading of the game. We gottta sign a young Matip replacement wirh plenty of hunger and legs. That way we can go back to the aggressive high line that Jurg craves.

Jogo it seems will not be the player he was before injuries. But ok as a #4th choice.
Yeah but we have no money, if the board makes any money available is absolutely MUST be spent in midfield. CB can wait another 12 months but of course if we had money then yeah I'd be bringing in another young CB too.

Yeah but we have no money, if the board makes any money available is absolutely MUST be spent in midfield. CB can wait another 12 months but of course if we had money then yeah I'd be bringing in another young CB too.

Sell Nat & Matip. Theres around 30m. Buy Kim from Napoli (40m clause).

No reason to sell Matip. Im all for bringing in another young top class CB but we dont need to continually sell to buy do we?

Matip is excellent cover for us with probably VVD and Konate being first choice then having new CB, Matip and Gomez as back up and JoGo can also play RB.

No reason to sell Matip. Im all for bringing in another young top class CB but we dont need to continually sell to buy do we?

Matip is excellent cover for us with probably VVD and Konate being first choice then having new CB, Matip and Gomez as back up and JoGo can also play RB.
I'd go VVD, Konate, Kim and Matip (With Gomez moving to backup RB, Ramsay loaned out, and Phillips getting sold).

Sepp Van Den Berg (Who apparently is home grown) is someone I'd also keep an eye on after another loan or 2 to be a future backup if he develops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomorrow is gonna be really interesting for a lot of reasons.

The lads will want a response, big time. But then how many players from the first team will actually play. We have a big game against Chelsea next weekend, does Klopp want to play all our first team again or heavy rotation?

If we rotate, we could see another disjointed performance, particularly if players come in who havent played a lot like Phillips or Bajcetic or even Carvalho. But hell, playing our first team right now isnt getting us anywhere either.

Having said that we want to be as strong as possible as the FA Cup is probably the only realistic shot at silverware this season as if we continue to play like we have been, Real Madrid will easily remove us from the CL and we're too far back in the league to worry about the title. Even top four looks remote.

I think against Wolves, I'd love to see Bajcetic and Keita start. I worry Klopp will start Milner though. Keita is quality and the only mid we have who is right in his prime. Hendo and Fab look spent. I dont want to risk Thiago three times in a week and we will need him against Chelsea.

The third midfield spot is a conundrum. We are so light in midfield... maybe Jones. I like Jones but we can be so loose with the ball and often hangs onto it too long when a quick release is the best option and we cant be getting caught on the ball in midfield. It's probably asking a lot of Bajcetic to hold the midfield together in a DM role.

Maybe Elliott start but I think midfield isnt really his position, same for Carvalho who should surely get a start wide left over Ox who offers absolutely zero.

I feel for Gakpo, he's joined us at the worst possible time and in his two games so far he's looked a complete and total dud, but I dont think that's his fault at all. Nunez out is a blow as well as I dont like Gakpo central. I'd rather we play Gakpo and Carvalho wide and Mo through the middle.

Either way, will be interesting to see how we go tomorrow. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall the last few days around the lads at training to see what has been said and done.

One big concern though is confidence, we lack it right now and we need to win big at Wolves to restore some confidence before Chelsea at Anfield.

Midfield being so hapless is making the forwards and the defense look worse, we need 2-3 midfielders, then I think the defense and forward will naturally start firing again too
The midfield is a complete joke.

They offer no protection to the back 4. And they provide zero service to the front 3. They literally offer nothing

The midfield is a complete joke.

They offer no protection to the back 4. And they provide zero service to the front 3. They literally offer nothing

They're exhausted. Qatar 22 schedule and record length season last year on top of mostly the same side playing since 2018 with covid inbetween has fukd them physically & emotionally. New fresh blood is needed. Having no Naby either for the first half of the season didn't help and our new "signing" in midfield Arthur playing just 13 minutes.

A new midfielder is needed now, not in summer.

Hendo's biggest asset were his legs, now that those are gone, he isn't offering much

Fab's legs have gone a little but he is asked to do the impossible every game

Thiago has his skill set but he also has no legs

We can't have all 3 of them starting, can probably only carry one of them while playing Jurg's style.

Hendo's biggest asset were his legs, now that those are gone, he isn't offering much

Fab's legs have gone a little but he is asked to do the impossible every game

Thiago has his skill set but he also has no legs

We can't have all 3 of them starting, can probably only carry one of them while playing Jurg's style.
I'd need to check but I'm sure I saw somewhere that it's actually Thiago who leads our mids in tackling stats etc and if that's true, that's damning on Hendo and Fab in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back