The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Was inexperience by Quansah on the first. Turned and passed blind. He'll learn from it, still a fine young CB but I don't reckon we concede that goal with Ibou on the park.
Probably not. Don’t particularly care about 1 goal though. Man United will always score at OT. The fact that Nunez cannot finish is a travesty and Diaz runs around exerting energy and can’t score himself.
28 chances. 7 shots on target.
3.5 expected goals. Crazy

Probably not. Don’t particularly care about 1 goal though. Man United will always score at OT. The fact that Nunez cannot finish is a travesty and Diaz runs around exerting energy and can’t score himself.
28 chances. 7 shots on target.
3.5 expected goals. Crazy
Nunez had been brilliant but has just recently come back off it as far as his finishing.

Each of Nunez, Diaz and Salah had a chance within 5 yards where they skied it over the cross bar. That's the match right there. And Quansah's pass.

Nunez had been brilliant but has just recently come back off it as far as his finishing.

Each of Nunez, Diaz and Salah had a chance within 5 yards where they skied it over the cross bar. That's the match right there. And Quansah's pass.
Don’t forget Szobo missed several chances too

For Arsenal to win out its 19 straight which has never been done before by anyone…if they do that…well, they kinda deserve it…I still think there will be twists
Amazing how when Liverpool go on these titles charges of late, Man City cannot lose. Suddenly Arsenal have come and done even better. ****ing hell. Just one or two losses would be great every now and then for either City or Arsenal

Couldn’t beat Man United this season, both home and away.
Loss v Arsenal away and draw at home.
All on finishing tbh. That’s the difference with City and everyone else- finishing and scoring every match.

Serves us right. We didn't learn from the cup game.How wasteful can you be? We just can't score against those shitbags. Our goals came from a set piece and a pen but in general play we were shocking up front. Wasteful, man were we wasteful.

That Quansah moment is the Gerrard slip all over again. I can't see us regaining top spot, Arsenal is murdering everyone. We've bottled it again. Quansah has played, what, a thousand matches in his life? 2,000 maybe? More? WTF was that pass? A simple ****en pass he's done a million times in his life and he had no pressure on him. And he does it in a match against our biggest rival FFS. That will never be lived down. That will be thrown in our face for eternity and known as the pass which cost us the league. I hope I'm proven wrong but I doubt it

What an absolute shitshow.

Apparently the EPL are considering removing points deductions, and bringing in financial penalties for FFP breaches. Probably bribed by Oil City FC.

Which means rich clubs can breach FFP as much as they like, as long as they have the means to pay it off. In otherwords, FFP won't exist. The rich clubs will now over spend, creating further divide between the good teams and everyone else. May as well hand City, Newcastle and Chelsea the next 30 titles right now.

So this year is indeed likely our last best chance in awhile. Was hoping Klopp would walk away with 21, one better than Man U. This could be our third or fourth season missing out on the titles by the tightest of margins. Ouch!

Serves us right. We didn't learn from the cup game.How wasteful can you be? We just can't score against those shitbags. Our goals came from a set piece and a pen but in general play we were shocking up front. Wasteful, man were we wasteful.

That Quansah moment is the Gerrard slip all over again. I can't see us regaining top spot, Arsenal is murdering everyone. We've bottled it again. Quansah has played, what, a thousand matches in his life? 2,000 maybe? More? WTF was that pass? A simple *en pass he's done a million times in his life and he had no pressure on him. And he does it in a match against our biggest rival FFS. That will never be lived down. That will be thrown in our face for eternity and known as the pass which cost us the league. I hope I'm proven wrong but I doubt it

What an absolute shitshow.
Yes and no.
Stevie G was a freak of an event. However had Crystal Palace the next game, and that’s it. Finished.

Quansah just unfortunate. There were more than 2 goals on offer, and the front 4 were scaredy cats. There’s no way a half time lead of 1-0 was acceptable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently the EPL are considering removing points deductions, and bringing in financial penalties for FFP breaches. Probably bribed by Oil City FC.

Which means rich clubs can breach FFP as much as they like, as long as they have the means to pay it off. In otherwords, FFP won't exist. The rich clubs will now over spend, creating further divide between the good teams and everyone else. May as well hand City, Newcastle and Chelsea the next 30 titles right now.

So this year is indeed likely our last best chance in awhile. Was hoping Klopp would walk away with 21, one better than Man U. This could be our third or fourth season missing out on the titles by the tightest of margins. Ouch!
Then clubs will sue. Everton, Nottingham. There’s absolutely no way that happens. It’s a results based business.

Terrible final third again from the lads has cost us. I knew at HT having dominated the game that United would only score through a mistake by us or a worldie. And United got both.

Meanwhile we huffed and puffed.

Jota is a massive out for us really, had he been fit this whole time, I think things look a little different. Trent too has been a big out.

It's a huge blow but we're still in it, just have to keep going.

Manchester City for me have the easiest run home. They will win all 7 so it's up to us to win all 7 as well. Then it's just about whether Arsenal drop points at any point.

Yes and no.
Stevie G was a freak of an event. However had Crystal Palace the next game, and that’s it. Finished.

Quansah just unfortunate. There were more than 2 goals on offer, and the front 4 were scaredy cats. There’s no way a half time lead of 1-0 was acceptable.
I agree we should have been a mile ahead in which case Quans doesn't matter. But we weren't and thus Quans **** up does matter and will haunt us, I fear for a long time.

The Gerrard slip did the damage. A draw to Chelsea would have kept us top. In the Palace game we were trying to make up GD otherwise at 2-0 or 3-0 you see the game out. But we kept pushing for more because the draw against Chelsea put us in second place on GD. And now here we are again, 10 years on, and the howler to end all howlers puts us in second on GD. I'm telling you, if we lose the league on GD, the opposition trolls are going to be relentless against him. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool fans are sending him threats right now which I don't condone at alll. The stakes were huge, he needed to be better. If he weights that pass better, we'd be top right now.

I agree we should have been a mile ahead in which case Quans doesn't matter. But we weren't and thus Quans * up does matter and will haunt us, I fear for a long time.

The Gerrard slip did the damage. A draw to Chelsea would have kept us top. In the Palace game we were trying to make up GD otherwise at 2-0 or 3-0 you see the game out. But we kept pushing for more because the draw against Chelsea put us in second place on GD. And now here we are again, 10 years on, and the howler to end all howlers puts us in second on GD. I'm telling you, if we lose the league on GD, the opposition trolls are going to be relentless against him. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool fans are sending him threats right now which I don't condone at alll. The stakes were huge, he needed to be better. If he weights that pass better, we'd be top right now.
Hardly Quansah's fault. That was a just a moment in the game filled with many moments. If we scored all our good chances we created we win comfortably.

This is where we miss Joel though, Quansah is a fantastic young CB but games like this we need to be rotating Konate and Matip next to VVD.

Terrible final third again from the lads has cost us. I knew at HT having dominated the game that United would only score through a mistake by us or a worldie. And United got both.

Meanwhile we huffed and puffed.

Jota is a massive out for us really, had he been fit this whole time, I think things look a little different. Trent too has been a big out.

It's a huge blow but we're still in it, just have to keep going.

Manchester City for me have the easiest run home. They will win all 7 so it's up to us to win all 7 as well. Then it's just about whether Arsenal drop points at any point.
Reckon there’s a decent chance that City drop points away to Spurs. They’ve been their bogey side for a while, now.

But yep, they do have the easiest run home of the top 3.

Don't be mad fellow Reds. Yep it was disappointing but with the injuries we've had and the budget we're operating with, I'm proud of this club.

And yes we can still win it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back