The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty excited by the arrival of Slot next season.

Various pundits seem to be concluding that the set up will be a 4-2-3-1 which means a pair of 6's that are likely to be Mac and TAA with Bradley at right back.

Sounds like there will be a much higher focus on control and less chaotic attacking. Might be less exciting but hopefully means Liverpool concede a lot less goals.

Midfield of Bellingham - Rice - Mainoo/TAA/Jones/Gallagher is fine.

Henderson no longer improves that.

You'd start with Rice/Jude/Trent with Mainoo/Jones/Gallagher as backup. No need for Hendo. Personally I'd have Elliot in over Gallagher, has done more this season and playing at a higher level.

I'm pretty excited by the arrival of Slot next season.

Various pundits seem to be concluding that the set up will be a 4-2-3-1 which means a pair of 6's that are likely to be Mac and TAA with Bradley at right back.

Sounds like there will be a much higher focus on control and less chaotic attacking. Might be less exciting but hopefully means Liverpool concede a lot less goals.

We'll be buying a new # 6, it's got to happen. Trent is not a full time 6 and Endo while a tidy player simply should not be a starting #6 for us at all.

I'd say we will play TAA at RB with new #6 paired with Macca, Diaz/Szo/Mo as the 3 and Darwin as the CF.

We'll be buying a new # 6, it's got to happen. Trent is not a full time 6 and Endo while a tidy player simply should not be a starting #6 for us at all.

I'd say we will play TAA at RB with new #6 paired with Macca, Diaz/Szo/Mo as the 3 and Darwin as the CF.
I swear you just dont rate Bajcetic :D

I swear you just dont rate Bajcetic :D

The guy who has just spent 16 months out at 18-19 years old?

Surely you don't believe he can be our starting 6 in the short term. Long term - definitely a possibility. A huge talent. Need to see if his body can cope first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy who has just spent 16 months out at 18-19 years old?

Surely you don't believe he can be our starting 6 in the short term. Long term - definitely a possibility. A huge talent. Need to see if his body can cope first.
Yeah but think about bringing a 60 million dollar brand new No.6.

That's new player, Endo, TAA and Mac in the double pivot. Bajcetic would be 5th choice and just get buried. Then could look to move with a lack of opportunity and we lose possibly a HUGE talent.

Play the kid! He's good enough IMO! Already showed it not this season just gone but the season before when he came in and was like our best player for like a 10 games stretch.

Salah confirmed BALD. I think the rest of the squad should follow. Virgil next. Imagine a heckin XI of Harkonnens bearing down on the ops. Undefeated treble stuff.
Slots having a huge influence already.

Yeah but think about bringing a 60 million dollar brand new No.6.

That's new player, Endo, TAA and Mac in the double pivot. Bajcetic would be 5th choice and just get buried. Then could look to move with a lack of opportunity and we lose possibly a HUGE talent.

Play the kid! He's good enough IMO! Already showed it not this season just gone but the season before when he came in and was like our best player for like a 10 games stretch.

Nobody is saying he won't get a game but you can't seriously be suggesting a 19 year old who has just spent 16 months getting fit is ready to be our starting #6.

Out of those players mentioned Baj is ahead of Endo and TAA will play plenty at RB. So there will be plenty of opportunities for Baj even when we sign our equivalent of Rice / Rodri.

Also Endo isn't going to get around long term either.

Nobody is saying he won't get a game but you can't seriously be suggesting a 19 year old who has just spent 16 months getting fit is ready to be our starting #6.

Out of those players mentioned Baj is ahead of Endo and TAA will play plenty at RB. So there will be plenty of opportunities for Baj even when we sign our equivalent of Rice / Rodri.

Also Endo isn't going to get around long term either.
But the 16 months is behind him now. If he comes in and does a full preseason like everyone else, why wouldnt he just be ready to play?

He's the diamond of our youth. He's better than Bradley, Quansah, Doak, Danns, Clark, McConnell... we must start playing him!

But the 16 months is behind him now. If he comes in and does a full preseason like everyone else, why wouldnt he just be ready to play?

He's the diamond of our youth. He's better than Bradley, Quansah, Doak, Danns, Clark, McConnell... we must start playing him!

Nobody is saying he isn't ready to play. He will get plenty of games.

What he isn't atm is our starting #6 in a double pivot.

I'm sure he will be by the time he is 22/23. You need to ease the lad back in gradually otherwise he will break down again.

We need a #6 to partner Macca for sure.

Nobody is saying he isn't ready to play. He will get plenty of games.

What he isn't atm is our starting #6 in a double pivot.

I'm sure he will be by the time he is 22/23. You need to ease the lad back in gradually otherwise he will break down again.

We need a #6 to partner Macca for sure.
When he was 18, he came into the side and almost instantly became our best midfielder over a 10 game stretch. I dont think we have to wait another 3-4 years.

When he was 18, he came into the side and almost instantly became our best midfielder over a 10 game stretch. I dont think we have to wait another 3-4 years.

Our midfield was old, injured and exhausted when that happened. He struggled to get on the training track for the best part of 14 months since then without a serious impact injury. Name me another title challenging club that ever had a kid playing at #6 who's just come off a year and a half of injuries as a starter.

He's not ready to be a starting #6 right now, give him 2 to 3 years or so and he will develop into a fine midfielder if he can sort out his fitness issues. Expecting him to be our equivalent of Rice or Rodri right now is simply going to ruin his career.

Our midfield was old, injured and exhausted when that happened. He struggled to get on the training track for the best part of 14 months since then without a serious impact injury. Name me another title challenging club that ever had a kid playing at #6 who's just come off a year and a half of injuries as a starter.

He's not ready to be a starting #6 right now, give him 2 to 3 years or so and he will develop into a fine midfielder if he can sort out his fitness issues. Expecting him to be our equivalent of Rice or Rodri right now is simply going to ruin his career.
I dont expect him to be a Rice or Rodri, but he's bloody good and one run of injuries shouldnt mean we should shelve him for 3 years haha.

He's super talented! Play the kid!

I dont expect him to be a Rice or Rodri, but he's bloody good and one run of injuries shouldnt mean we should shelve him for 3 years haha.

He's super talented! Play the kid!

Why do you keep saying play the kid? He'll get plenty of games even with a new signing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back