FTA-TV The Blacklist

Remove this Banner Ad

Meanwhile the U.S are halfway through the season.

Still enjoying it but they have really overblown the whole "who is red?" angle for the past few seasons as a means of keeping people interested. Any reveal will be disappointing as it has been built up for soo long. It's poor writing.

I’ve completely lost track of who he is supposed to be or not supposed to be, to be honest. The explanation Liz’s grandfather gave her during season 6 seemed plausible (relative to the general overall implausibility of the whole show), but then that turned out to be untrue? Or parts of it were true but other parts aren’t. Or something.

I gave up on this a couple of seasons ago. Has it actually gone anywhere in that time?

They confirmed that the real Raymond Reddington was dead, and they gave an explanation as to how the current Reddington became Reddington, although that now seems to be incorrect. They also introduced Liz’s mother Katerina Rostova as a character for half a season.

Meanwhile the U.S are halfway through the season.

Still enjoying it but they have really overblown the whole "who is red?" angle for the past few seasons as a means of keeping people interested. Any reveal will be disappointing as it has been built up for soo long. It's poor writing.
100%

Here we are season 8 episode 21 and the synopsis is "forget everything you thought you knew as Red finally reveals all."

I've been invested in this show, making the last 8 and a bit seasons pointless in the overall mystery shits me to tears.

I’m now somehow more interested because they look like they’ve got NFI where this is headed

I’m becoming more and more convinced that the plan all along has been to reveal that

Katarina got a sex change in addition to the facial reconstruction, and became Raymond Reddington.

I just don’t know how they‘ll explain who Laila Robins’ character was. But I’m working on it. Some sort of imposter who was brainwashed or had memories implanted into thinking she was actually Katarina or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
I’m becoming more and more convinced that the plan all along has been to reveal that

Katarina got a sex change in addition to the facial reconstruction, and became Raymond Reddington.

I just don’t know how they‘ll explain who Laila Robins’ character was. But I’m working on it. Some sort of imposter who was brainwashed or had memories implanted into thinking she was actually Katarina or something.
This seems more likely after todays episode. Which would be a lame reveal after 8 seasons in my opinion.
They either go with this, or they have to introduce a completely new character that magically has the significance to Liz and all the prior events. Unlikely

A lot of answers in the most recent episode (Nachalo), including the true identity of Laila Robins' character (previously thought to be Katarina).

Still outstanding:
  • Who stepped into the role of Raymond Reddington (i.e. James Spader's character's true identity).
  • What happened to Liz's mother (where is she)?
I assume these will be answered in the season final next week, "Konets", given that the last 2 episodes seem to be about giving answers before the big Season 9 reset (minus Liz Keene).

A lot of answers in the most recent episode (Nachalo), including the true identity of Laila Robins' character (previously thought to be Katarina).

One thing that occurred to me is that the woman Liz left Agnes with was a friend/contact of Laila Robins’ character, and so she might not be as friendly as first thought.

Season 9 might be about getting her back. And/or Red going full bananas in the wake of Liz’s death (if they do kill her off), having spent half his life and creating an empire for the sole purpose of keeping her safe.

One thing that occurred to me is that the woman Liz left Agnes with was a friend/contact of Laila Robins’ character, and so she might not be as friendly as first thought.

Season 9 might be about getting her back. And/or Red going full bananas in the wake of Liz’s death (if they do kill her off), having spent half his life and creating an empire for the sole purpose of keeping her safe.
It's possible. We know that Liz won't be a regular cast member in S9. She may die in the S8 final, she may return for the occasional episode in S9, or she may just be written out completely.

Whatever the case, it looks like there will be a lot of reveals in the S8 finale, with S9 being almost a complete reset.

Whatever the case, it looks like there will be a lot of reveals in the S8 finale, with S9 being almost a complete reset.

After recently getting back in to Scrubs, I can’t say I’m looking forward to the prospect of a Season 9 reset :(

Maybe the Post Office becomes an FBI teaching facility and Red and Harold tutor a whole bunch of new interns?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back