Star Wars The Book of Boba Fett

Remove this Banner Ad

That scene of the imperials ground attack on Mandalore/the purge was surely a little homage to Terminator’s future war sequences.

The naboo star fighter looks and sounds great. Very sleek. Not sure how practical for Mando though it he needs to store cargo or bring back an asset in carbonite. But damn it looks good.

Coming into this episode I felt there’s a fair bit to do in just 3 remaining episodes....now make that 2.

Far out, that episode was absolutely fantastic. Mando is my favorite fictional TV character, so seeing him again was awesome. Every part of that episode was great.

I'd be surprised if the fight with the Pykes will happen in this season. The finale will only be able to set it up for the next season, or it will happen in The Mandalorian 3.

Last edited:
That was a smile from start to finish…. And who knew about alien butcher shops..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The plastic strips he walked through to enter the room felt VERY out of place. Like, they make sense with a butcher, but in SW surely there's be a forcefield or some s**t?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm baffled what this series is trying to be. That was an episode of the Mandalorian, wedged in the middle of an episode of The Book of Boba Fett, which itself is a spin-off of the Mandalorian. What?

Are we getting Mando hunts for Grogu next week? Or are we getting another Boba hires muscle episodes to set up a Mando / Boba / Fennec / Krrsantan / the other muscle showdown with the Pykes in the last episode or the next season or a movie or something? Where is this heading?

Either way this was my favourite episode of the season, but like, it was a Mando episode.

Can only echo what everyone else has said, that was a good episode for The Mandalorian. But it was a s**t episode for Book of Boba Fett. It didn't even have Boba Fett FFS. While it was pretty cool, I'm annoyed they've wasted one of only three episodes left on it. They should have just shown parts of it and then added the rest to season 3 of Mando.

Can only echo what everyone else has said, that was a good episode for The Mandalorian. But it was a sh*t episode for Book of Boba Fett. It didn't even have Boba Fett FFS. While it was pretty cool, I'm annoyed they've wasted one of only three episodes left on it. They should have just shown parts of it and then added the rest to season 3 of Mando.

Tend to agree. Could have had the episode be from Fett/Shand's point of view with Shand dropping in on Djarin and we get the other side of the encounter in The Mandalorian.

As usual I don't get a chance to watch on Wednesday, but sounds like Mando was back.

Can't believe people thought he wouldn't be. The drop at the end of last week's episode couldn't have made it any more obvious.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

As usual I don't get a chance to watch on Wednesday, but sounds like Mando was back.

Can't believe people thought he wouldn't be. The drop at the end of last week's episode couldn't have made it any more obvious.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Heh, wasn't so much that he was back, it was how much he was back..

I think most people knew that meant the Mandolorian would be back this episode but I don't think anybody assumed that the reason they were playing the Mandolorian credits music in the last episode was because we were just straight up getting an episode of that series wedged in there.

Can only echo what everyone else has said, that was a good episode for The Mandalorian. But it was a sh*t episode for Book of Boba Fett. It didn't even have Boba Fett FFS. While it was pretty cool, I'm annoyed they've wasted one of only three episodes left on it. They should have just shown parts of it and then added the rest to season 3 of Mando.
*, at this point maybe they could've called this season 3 of Mandolorian, had this episode be the first one and then, when Fennec shows up to recruit him, cut to a Boba Fett flashback arc which was essentially just the first 4 episodes of BOBF. Have the whole season be a side story about Boba with a tiny bit of Mando then go back to Mando for season 4. I feel like somehow this would've felt less jarring than the way they've done it now, which presumably has dropped a bunch of important plot for the next season of Mando in the middle of a different show. Oh well I'm overthinking it, at least I'm excited / curious to see where things go from here. This is the way.

I think most people knew that meant the Mandolorian would be back this episode but I don't think anybody assumed that the reason they were playing the Mandolorian credits music in the last episode was because we were just straight up getting an episode of that series wedged in there.

fu**, at this point maybe they could've called this season 3 of Mandolorian, had this episode be the first one and then, when Fennec shows up to recruit him, cut to a Boba Fett flashback arc which was essentially just the first 4 episodes of BOBF. Have the whole season be a side story about Boba with a tiny bit of Mando then go back to Mando for season 4. I feel like somehow this would've felt less jarring than the way they've done it now, which presumably has dropped a bunch of important plot for the next season of Mando in the middle of a different show. Oh well I'm overthinking it, at least I'm excited / curious to see where things go from here. This is the way.

I think this was originally Mando S3 but the Gina Carano stuff caused a shuffle of the deck so they amped up the Boba Fett content and went with his own side-series. Still think this should have been a subtitled Mandalorian: Book of Boba Fett, especially after this week's ep.

I think this was originally Mando S3 but the Gina Carano stuff caused a shuffle of the deck so they amped up the Boba Fett content and went with his own side-series. Still think this should have been a subtitled Mandalorian: Book of Boba Fett, especially after this week's ep.
I did forget about the Gina Carano stuff, that would make sense that caused a change in plans. I've also seen people speculate that maybe COVID has a bit if an impact and they went with Boba Fett as a bit of a stopgap. Either or both would make some sense.

The humour in the episode was tonally all over the place, Din was far more chatty than he used to be, and the N-1 construction sequence went about 3-4 minutes too long. The getting pulled over for a 'space speeding ticket' was just so cheesy as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back