Game Day The Brownlow 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

1wiufr.gif

I lold.

Like most things AFL, the whole night has been turned into such a crock of s***. The CEO's brother in puff pieces like getting suited up for the Brownlow, then Bwuce with his best creepy stalker gig.

Where has the great night and annual celebration of the season gone to?

Our great game has been hijacked by suits and willingly sold its soul.

36 - Dustin Martin (Rich)
33 - Patrick Dangerfield * (Geel)
25 - Tom Mitchell (Haw)
23 - Josh Kennedy (Syd)
22 - Lance Franklin (Syd)
21 - Josh Kelly (GWS)
20 - Rory Sloane (Adel)
19 - Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
18 - Ollie Wines (Port)
17 - Dayne Beams (BL)

16 - Luke Parker (Syd)
15 - Zach Merrett (Ess) *
15 - Brad Ebert (Port)
15 - Nat Fyfe (Frem)
15 - Scott Pendlebury (Coll)
14 - Gary Ablett (GC)
14 - Taylor Adams (Coll)
14 - Ben Brown (NM)
14 - Dyson Heppell (Ess)
14 - Lachie Neale (Frem)
14 - Seb Ross (StK)
14 - Steele Sidebottom (Coll)
I wish Zach Merrett was one if the suspended drug cheats. Then his line would read:

15 - * (*) *

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Like most things AFL, the whole night has been turned into such a crock of s***. The CEO's brother in puff pieces like getting suited up for the Brownlow, then Bwuce with his best creepy stalker gig.

Brownlow had been PC'fied last night. That dick of a CEO really needs to go and take his flog of a brother who goes around calling himself a farm boy who most likely hasnt even picked up a shovel.

Gillon's suit looks like it had padding on the arms to make him look more filled and not so skinny. Funny.

And the awkward interviews from Daisy Pearce being thrown in our face every day was cringeworthy. And the Bont wasn't any better either.

ROFL they have hammered the MOTY today in the media. Love it as Daniher must feel that bad that he probably feels like giving the award over.

Tbh...i dont think he wanted to get up and get it when he was announced...looked embarrassed

Top 3 had good seasons. Where the hell are the rest of our players? Absolutely putrid display by guys like Thomas, Goldy, Swallow, Jack Z, Atley, MacMillan, Mullet, McDonald, Gibbo etc.

Cunners waltzes around in 3rd gear & still polls 11 votes!!!!

Just caps off the most putrid season I've endured as a NM fan.

As im enjoying myself currently in Brissy and AFL isnt the preferred sport, where did we finish on the total votes per club list ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a club we have never been high Brownlow vote winners.

In 1996 we finished 2nd by half a game and had a player with the equal highest votes yet we finished 6th in total votes. Richmond who finished 9th and won 11 games, polled higher and polled a vote in more games than us. Richmond had 4 players with 10+ votes that year, we had 2.

At least we beat Dusty by a few votes. That's a good sign I reckon. Although polling 40 out of a possible 132 votes is a touch concerning.

Agree Arty, a very good sign and it bloody well shows that we dont rely on one player we're a very even side. I'll go as far as saying it is this eveness that has helped us win 9 of our last 37.

I remember the old no Mossop no North calls in the eighties and the club has gone to great lengths not to repeat that situation, I believe this is why we overlooked Fyfe, Selwood and Sloane at draft time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back