List Mgmt. The Bryce Gibbs trade has set our club back 5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes sense. Reckon we can sneak his payout in this year's cap. Tex will probably need to stay on the and either continue to play or transition into an actual 'playing' & development role. Would prefer him out of the club so we can put the period between the camp and this season behind us ASAP, but that's not really in our DNA.

Makes sense. Reckon we can sneak his payout in this year's cap. Tex will probably need to stay on the and either continue to play or transition into an actual 'playing' & development role. Would prefer him out of the club so we can put the period between the camp and this season behind us ASAP, but that's not really in our DNA.

I wonder if we can do similar for Sloane. Maybe we can dupe another club into taking him if we pay part of his wage.

Drop alluded to this on the news last night.

What a royal disaster this has been

Unfortunately it was an entirely foreseeable disaster.

The best thing the club could do is make a stand on his unacceptable performances. Announce his contract was being torn up and he was no longer welcome on Crows premises.

Instead we'll let him retire and thank him for his service.

Last edited:
I'd like to take this opportunity to list the accomplishment and awards that Gibbs has achieved in his illustrious 250+ game career.

And that's the list completed.

Got a SMS from someone in the know who is very close to the club.

Are we talking voluntary retirement or early delisting or what? I'd be curious to know if we're still paying out next year's contract or only part of it or if we have space to squeeze it into this year's cap etc?

I'd like to take this opportunity to list the accomplishment and awards that Gibbs has achieved in his illustrious 250+ game career.

And that's the list completed.
That's plagiarism. You have used David MacKays career as a template.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy to hear this.

Was brought in to our club purely to get him away from bad influences in Melbourne. His family friend and manager, Justin Reid, did what was asked and our club facilitated it.

He never wanted to leave Carlton, his family wanted him here.

Cost our club heaps.

Well worth the early payout.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it was an entirely foreseeable disaster.

The best thing the club could do is make a stand on his unacceptable performances. Announce his contract was being torn up and he was no longer welcome on Crows premises.

Instead we'll let him retire and thank him for his service.

We'll roll out Ayce Taylor to front that presser with Gibbsy.

I wonder if we can do similar for Sloane. Maybe we can dupe another club into taking him if we pay part of his wage.

I've posted exactly that a few times. He's on about $800k, I think we'd need to pay about $400k/year and we might get something in the way of a draft pick. We're relying on a contending team thinking they can turn him around, which they might. But he's cooked here, physically and mentally. You just can't have a captain saying the weird s**t that he's saying.

I've posted exactly that a few times. He's on about $800k, I think we'd need to pay about $400k/year and we might get something in the way of a draft pick. We're relying on a contending team thinking they can turn him around, which they might. But he's cooked here, physically and mentally. You just can't have a captain saying the weird sh*t that he's saying.

Like 'I'm loving my footy at the moment'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back