Multiplat The Callisto Protocol (From the creator of Dead Space)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's shocking. So greedy.. It's put me off buying initially with all my backlog. Will pick up cheap in the new year

It's a s**t practice. I could be worse though and I guess I'll protest by only getting the standard version of that matters. Season pass will surely go on discount at some point, but I've been looking forward to this for too long to turn back now. The backlog is pretty big too but I was already planning on shoving this in. Maybe if there is some bad press between now and release but so far still day one.

That's one thing with being a digital gamer I guess. There is no point in pre-ordering so I have up until release if I want to purchase day one or not.

So I think my only reservation at this point is the apparent 12-14 hour story. Surely closer to 20 hours give or take a few is the more expected length of a single player game these days.

Hmm, not sure. Most of the Resident Evil's are between 8-14 hours I think. Though RE4 felt a bit longer.

12-14 is probably in the ballpark. A few extra hours wouldn't go astray, but it's not a deal-breaker.

Depends a lot on other content like collectibles, NG+ and 100% completion etc.

Last edited:
Hmm, not sure. Most of the Resident Evil's are between 8-14 hours I think. Though RE4 felt a bit longer.

12-14 is probably in the ballpark. A few times extra hours wouldn't go astray, but it's not a deal-breaker.

Depends a lot on other content like collectibles, NG+ and 100% completion etc.

Good point, maybe you're right. I might be more used to big RPGs and open world games. Even God of War Ragnarok was around 20 for the story but my complaint about that was there was a lot of filler. 12-14 just sounds small.

Yeah I think 12-14 is actually a pretty good length. A bit longer than a lot of other AAA games I've played in the past like Dead Space 1 & 2, BioShock, F.E.A.R, Alan Wake etc which I have done in almost sub-10 hours.

Someoone is streaming it on Twitch. I watched for about an hour. Lighting and atmosphere look beyond amazing. Looks to run pretty well also. Only downside was one of the voice actors was a really bad cockney accent lol. Look forward to playing it myself, though. Think it will be fairly well received when it's officially released.

Release was broken in Europe and I did watch a few clips here and there just to get an idea. While it has been promoted as survival horror with scarce resources it seems like everyone has plenty of ammo to smash through everything šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Might it be the difficulty level? A lot of streamers might be setting it on the easier options to have longer runs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are good Aussie or British YouTubers to look out for that'll review this?

What are you after in a review? General performance, is it broken etc or an opinion to help decide your purchase? I don't follow any YouTube game reviewers but only a single print one if that helps. I don't care much for subjective reviews if some nerd finds a game good or not, but I've found Press Start generally reliable for playability, performance etc which is all I usually care about.

What are you after in a review? General performance, is it broken etc or an opinion to help decide your purchase? I don't follow any YouTube game reviewers but only a single print one if that helps. I don't care much for subjective reviews if some nerd finds a game good or not, but I've found Press Start generally reliable for playability, performance etc which is all I usually care about.
I guess a bit of a general one that talks about performance, their thoughts on the game etc with a grounded demeanour. Not really wanting one that comes across being aimed at kids(?) trying to cram humour with over the top personas. I don't really watch a lot of YT for gaming stuff myself, but I wouldn't mind one or two I can check out from time to time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back