Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some players become champions because they are good at what they do, others because they make players around them better by bringing them into the game.

Bartlett was the only player who was able to make himself play better by getting himself the ball. Unique

Sometimes you wish you had two of a player. I'd love to have seen Kouta dishing the ball out of the middle and delivering the ball to another Kouta up fwd.

Bartlett was ahead of the game, delivering the ball to himself.

Wayne Harmes wasn't too shabby at kicking the ball to himself ;)

Sometimes you wish you had two of a player. I'd love to have seen Kouta dishing the ball out of the middle and delivering the ball to another Kouta up fwd.

Bartlett was ahead of the game, delivering the ball to himself.

Wayne Harmes wasn't too shabby at kicking the ball to himself ;)
Whatabout a team of kouta’s? Imagine that. I think it would beat a team of bartletts?

Whatabout a team of kouta’s? Imagine that. I think it would beat a team of bartletts?

Bartlett the better footballer, Kouta more versatile....Tough, but I'm picking Kouta because he can play KPP, inside and out.

Kouta one of the best ever candidates for 'team full of'?

Others to choose from: Jezza, Gary Ablett Snr, Goodes, Pavlich, Hird........Cripps?

Carey was a brilliant midfielder for a CHF. But not sure how a midfield full of Careys would go.... On the bright side having 22 Careys in the team would mean he couldn't sleep with a teammate's wife.....

Bartlett the better footballer, Kouta more versatile....Tough, but I'm picking Kouta because he can play KPP, inside and out.

Others to choose from: Jezza, Gary Ablett Snr, Goodes, Pavlich, Hird........Cripps? Carey was a brilliant midfielder for a CHF. Not sure how a midfield full of Careys would go....
Mick Nolan...

On the bright side having 22 Careys in the team would mean that all of them would be sleeping with a teammate's wife.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all

Not sure which thread to put this in but thought I'd land here.

I was reading an interesting timeline account of history of the VFLs expansion in the 80s and 90s. There's some real gold here but the entry that had me scratching my head was in 1995 Carlton allegedly were holding merger ( takeover?) talks with St. Kilda. I simply cannot recall this. Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Towards a National Competition - Timeline of VFL/AFL Expansion (updated 11/7/18) - Sports Industry AU

Ok, I can retract the knob statement, never met the bloke, might be a nice guy, same with Fev, wrong to call them knobs.
this sort of s**t deserves more kudos - very rare around here - hats off.........:thumbsu:

Others to choose from: Jezza, Gary Ablett Snr, Goodes, Pavlich, Hird........Cripps?

Carey was a brilliant midfielder for a CHF. But not sure how a midfield full of Careys would go.... On the bright side having 22 Careys in the team would mean he couldn't sleep with a teammate's wife.....

Garry Ablett Jnr would have made a fantastic player everywhere except FB,CHB,CHF and ruck, he would have been a superstar in every other position.

In my lifetime of following footy (since 1985-86 ish), I can only really think of one player that you clone to play in every position on the ground, and that is Adam Goodes.

Forwards, down back, in the ruck and on the ball, Goodes is/was the only player/athletic specimen I +feel who could (feasibly and comfortably) play in just about every position

Garry Ablett Jnr would have made a fantastic player everywhere except FB,CHB,CHF and ruck, he would have been a superstar in every other position.

I agree with that, totally.

And I was going to suggest him for that very reason.

But the image I can't get out of my head is this...

You somehow manage to get the ball off one of the 22 GAJs and kick it into a forward line filled with 6 Koutas. 6 Gary Ablett Jnrs don't stand a chance, surely....

Here ya go....I love this clip, poor ol' Sellars pretending to chase an opponent

rolling.gif

How the Carlton Blues almost built a dynasty, but then accidentally hit the self destruct button.

Just found this on Reddit.

Pretty comprehensive look at our troubles since our last flag.

Compiled and written by a * supporter.

Credit goes to: drangonthingy on Reddit.

Comments?

Agree/Disagree?

Link to original:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back