Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he went to a lot of effort but much of it was hyperbole. How "strong teams collapse to weak ones"? "Everyone knew that the list was on the verge of greatness". The key piece of evidence is the win column - from 2008, 10 wins, 13 wins, 11 wins, 14 wins, 11 wins, 11 wins in 2013. Fairly consistent and reflective of its quality.

Well he went to a lot of effort but much of it was hyperbole. How "strong teams collapse to weak ones"? "Everyone knew that the list was on the verge of greatness". The key piece of evidence is the win column - from 2008, 10 wins, 13 wins, 11 wins, 14 wins, 11 wins, 11 wins in 2013. Fairly consistent and reflective of its quality.
It really is a pretty accurate summation of our last 20 years.
* me, we better be coming out the other side soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Can someone please remind me how the club was caught, if that's the appropriate term? How was it about O'Reilly?

which bit wasn't public knowledge to any blues fan......
None of it.

Makes for horrid reading when it is set out in sequence like that.

MrsEddieBetts trivia thread

Landfill-packer.jpg

Can someone please remind me how the club was caught, if that's the appropriate term? How was it about O'Reilly?

His Divorce Case apparently where his former wife spilt the beans in court about the 'under the table' payments he got from Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the Rd1 game against Richmond ‘for the umpteenth time’ again last night.. The two Dustin Martin actions in the 3rd QTR that is like, no that pisses me off 1) first few minutes into the third Murphy earns a free kick and Martin walks over and justs gives him a no respect shove too the ground, and then halfway through the QTR up forward Silvagni is on the and Martin pushes his foot strait into his head as his lying flat on the ground... I understand we aren’t a side that doesn’t possess many players that have a go atm I’d like for us too at least not cop that crap at all and stick up for their team mates, but I’d love to see us starting to not cop that kind of s**t...

Watched the Rd1 game against Richmond ‘for the umpteenth time’ again last night.. The two Dustin Martin actions in the 3rd QTR that is like, no that pisses me off 1) first few minutes into the third Murphy earns a free kick and Martin walks over and justs gives him a no respect shove too the ground, and then halfway through the QTR up forward Silvagni is on the and Martin pushes his foot strait into his head as his lying flat on the ground... I understand we aren’t a side that doesn’t possess many players that have a go atm I’d like for us too at least not cop that crap at all and stick up for their team mates, but I’d love to see us starting to not cop that kind of s**t...
Yeah completely agree. We’ve allowed teams to walk over us for too long. I’d love to see our two captains set the tone on not allowing our players to cop it. I think they will after some of the crap Dusty was trying in round 1. Then the rest of the team will follow. We don’t want to give away unnecessary free kicks but it’s time to stand up and not allow teams to push us around. It’s another part of our development from an easy beat to a strong contending team in the future

Yeah completely agree. We’ve allowed teams to walk over us for too long. I’d love to see our two captains set the tone on not allowing our players to cop it. I think they will after some of the crap Dusty was trying in round 1. Then the rest of the team will follow. We don’t want to give away unnecessary free kicks but it’s time to stand up and not allow teams to push us around. It’s another part of our development from an easy beat to a strong contending team in the future
Don’t want us giving away stupid free kicks , but I’d like us to start taking a stand against any crap or stand over actions, the Murph one although not anything that caused a free kick but from my view was a belittling and disrespectful act...
Martins a champion player but picking his mark... Let’s fly the flag...

We need our players to not only play with a hard edge but let sides know they can’t walk over us...

Don’t want us giving away stupid free kicks , but I’d like us to start taking a stand against any crap or stand over actions, the Murph one although not anything that caused a free kick but from my view was a belittling and disrespectful act...
Martins a champion player but picking his mark... Let’s fly the flag...
Plenty of teams have beaten us up in recent times, we let them. Giving away stupid frees and not allowing yourself to be intimidated are two different beasts. We have been too meek for too long.

Maybe ask JustaBattler if we need some more mongrel.

Plenty of teams have beaten us up in recent times, we let them. Giving away stupid frees and not allowing yourself to be intimidated are two different beasts. We have been too meek for too long.

Maybe ask JustaBattler if we need some more mongrel.
👍 On the surface atm there arnt many that play with a natural hardness, whether contested or mongrel who doesn’t cop any s**t, that’s completely different to going in hard or having a crack ... Cripps and Doc will always fly the flag but the youngsters in DeKoning Harry Williamson Stocker Kemp for me seem too have the not cop any crap traits/personalities Walsh and Charlie seem like they take no crap as well...
only a small sample..

Weirdest thing. Just watching replays of wrestlemania on espn. We are on wrestlemania 28 the Rock v Cena. There are 2 guys ringside in light blue Carlton away jumpers next to a bloke in a collingwood jumper. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back