Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went 7-15 last year, with a percentage of 84.5, you can't just disregard 50% of the season regardless of who coached when. It's been an improved season right from the start.
We are also out of the bottom 4 for the first time in years.
There,s been enough positives to take out of this year. Considering the conditions we had to play under with a first year coach it's a pass for me.

Of course I can disregard the first half of the year, which was so pathetically bad that the coach was sacked.
The evidence is that we improved dramatically, the instant he was sacked.

Teague went 6-5 and 95.5%, you can hardly put the 93 point smashing by the Giants, the 58 point smashing by North (North!) or the coach killing/sacking 41 point loss to * on him. Teague's record last year is a much more accurate indication of how our list should have been performing.

Just a random thought over a few beers by the fire. Was it 5 years ago we were down the bottom with Brisbane(Weitering/ Scache) How they going at the minute?
Saints did a number on the Giants, as they should. How’d we go? How’s the saints going? Just sayin, we seem to be always getting there without actually getting there.

Just a random thought over a few beers by the fire. Was it 5 years ago we were down the bottom with Brisbane(Weitering/ Scache) How they going at the minute?
Saints did a number on the Giants, as they should. How’d we go? How’s the saints going? Just sayin, we seem to be always getting there without actually getting there.
Longer slog with greater % of draftees being developed

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I have watched the game for many years and have come to the conclusion I no longer enjoy it...
The reasons I loved football over all other sports was because of it's unique toughness. The ability to use the body to move your opponent off the ball or out of its space was a skill and a reason that there wasn't as much congestion because you either hit the ball out of the space or you got clobbered...umpires now makes decisions and there are 3 of them and none are consistent. They influence matches and it no longer relates to how teams play.
An ex player gets paid 1.4 million dollars for concussion related issues and yet he has his son playing in the same competition. Take him out of the sport if you know what the consequences can be. For the majority of us we played the sport and got paid nothing for it. We suffered injuries and concussions and never expected to receive compensation, t was always the enjoyment of playing. Football is (was) a physical sport but we want to change it to something that no longer represents the contested competition.
Lets not change the sport to something none of us recognise....I mean what will boxing be if we need to stop punching people because it causes concussion.

Some things are more important than footy.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Exactly what I'm saying....no need to watch AFL anymore because the risk apparently is too big. Watch soccer.

Exactly what I'm saying....no need to watch AFL anymore because the risk apparently is too big. Watch soccer.
If you need head injuries to enjoy a game of footy, I suspect you never loved it that much to begin with.

Go watch some UFC fight cards. There's an organisation that encourages competitors to focus on knocking the shizen out of one another for a spectacle over quality and refinement of the sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some things are more important than footy.

exactly - like a functioning brain - I think gladiator sports where people were injured and killed for the amusement of others have been banned for a while - I'm sure this disillusioned spectator will find another recreation where things/people are hurt for his pleasure - hunting? politics? internet?

exactly - like a functioning brain - I think gladiator sports where people were injured and killed for the amusement of others have been banned for a while - I'm sure this disillusioned spectator will find another recreation where things/people are hurt for his pleasure - hunting? politics? internet?
i guess we all differ in our opinion...my love for Carlton will remain..my love of football has diminished. Turn the game into a form of basketball or soccer or Gaelic football...but after around 150 years you play with the rules so much that like your icon it will become extinct because it will no longer represent the game we love.

i guess we all differ in our opinion...my love for Carlton will remain..my love of football has diminished. Turn the game into a form of basketball or soccer or Gaelic football...but after around 150 years you play with the rules so much that like your icon it will become extinct because it will no longer represent the game we love.

My love of Aussie Rules Football hasn't diminished but I have very little love for the AFL's version of the game. The only reason I follow AFL as a league is because of Carlton, nothing will ever cause my love of the Club to diminish ( and I mean Club, not players, team or whatever).

Struggling to maintain interest in non-Carlton games this season. Something is broken in the game and not sure there is a want to fix it.

AFL needs to stop overreacting to particular stakeholders who are not custodians of the game.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm actually a huge mixed marital arts fan. I follow the UFC much more closely than the AFL.

However, I can't stand violence in other sports. There's nothing impressive or "manly" about punching someone whose primary concern is winning the football, not defending themselves.

The sooner the AFL stamps this crap out, the better.

Yes, but they started their rebuilds earlier than us. Brisbane now looking good, Saint's have made a big jump but to me still feels like they've tried to 'pull the trigger' early, we'll have to wait and see where they are in a couple of years time.

Yes, but they started their rebuilds earlier than us. Brisbane now looking good, Saint's have made a big jump but to me still feels like they've tried to 'pull the trigger' early, we'll have to wait and see where they are in a couple of years time.
Also had the advantage of academy picks and supplemental picks from AFL.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back