Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
New President at Geelong new CEO - sound familiar? Cook btw was offered a stay please as consultant role. Are you doubting his ability to make a CLub work cohesively?
Any new coach who has presented previously has been ovelooked by other Clubs - so what? ( I say this after being pretty up front regarding the reaasons for my preference for Lyon )
Traded for a guy(s) that other Clubs didnt actively pursue - because the player(s) nominated Carlton - is how every Club gets a trade in what did you want the players to do or the Club to do - exactly?

I'm more confident today about the outlook - than I have been in 20 years of supporting teh Club (FWIW)

and I think that’s very commendable Just a Battler. Good on you.

with what we endured as far as disruption & re-establishment were concerned this year, I'm just happy knowing that what we will put out there next season is going to be eminently - that's right, eminently - better than anything we did in 2021..........* the d rating, it is utterly irrelevant to what we have achieved

Can anyone remember Crazy Vossy when he threw one B.Fevola a lifeline? I for one mocked Michael as “Crazy Vossy”. I’m feeling Michael is not “crazy” anymore. How about the rest of you?

Go Blues!!!

Can anyone remember Crazy Vossy when he threw one B.Fevola a lifeline? I for one mocked Michael as “Crazy Vossy”. I’m feeling Michael is not “crazy” anymore. How about the rest of you?

Go Blues!!!

We tend to forget his last 2 years at the Blues (2008 and 2009) were his most prolific, kicking 99 and 89 goals respectively.

He still kicked 50 odd in his only year at the Lions, averaging nearly 3 a game.

The bloke could play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved Fev too if he could have maintained focus in game he could have been one of the greatest ff ever to have played
He had a tendency to kick 3-4 then wander away from his zone not chase lose focus
Then turn it on again he rarely played a whole game but when he did he kicked bags
Just a beautiful kick of football

He was mercurial.

He was exactly why so many love footy.

And his off field stuff was pretty tame compared to many others....current players included.
debatable

I loved Fev too if he could have maintained focus in game he could have been one of the greatest ff ever to have played
He had a tendency to kick 3-4 then wander away from his zone not chase lose focus
Then turn it on again he rarely played a whole game but when he did he kicked bags
Just a beautiful kick of football
Unbridled footy instinct & IQ , Fevola was gifted & unique none could match him when on song, poetry in motion, just like Rhys Jones time & motion seem to stop for them. Great Baggers

Comprehension not your forte?

"compared to many others".....

My comprehension is just fine, so perhaps refrain from starting to play the man and just debate the content, as it seems you are struggling with said comprehension

"compared to many others" would suggest at least half the current players, yeah? Otherwise you would use "some"

Tell me how "many others" were effectively moved on/sacked from 2 clubs, accused and investigated for exposing himself, fined 10K for urinating on a nightclub window, alcohol and gambling addiction(losing over a 1 mil), distributing nude photos of a woman he had an affair with, assaulting a barman in Ireland and the Brownlow incidents

Last edited:

Go Blues!!!
that's the theme I'm picking up, luke..........

It is kind of nice to see this place in November getting about 6 posts a day, rather than multiple pages learning about the ins and outs of another country's legal system. Can put that partly down to a lack of Fev-like players on the list.

My comprehension is just fine, so perhaps refrain from starting to play the man and just debate the content, as it seems you are struggling with said comprehension

"compared to many others" would suggest at least half the current players, yeah? Otherwise you would use "some"

Tell me how "many others" were effectively moved on/sacked from 2 clubs, accused and investigated for exposing himself, fined 10K for urinating on a nightclub window, alcohol and gambling addiction(losing over a 1 mil), distributing nude photos of a woman he had an affair with, assaulting a barman in Ireland and the Brownlow incidents

Many does not mean >50%.

Most does.

I'll leave it at that.

And using an addiction as a reason is piss poor....it's an illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back