Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drank on and off for many years. Still do. Rarely drank at footy and never really felt the need to. Last time I remember doing so was three quarter time of 1995 grand final. I am there generally to see footy. I've never understood those that want to go to footy and get sloshed.

If they only sold drinks from half time and beyond would certainly reduce some of the drunk dickheads in crowd.

Last edited:

I drank for 30 years and haven't for 12 - I know which (and which me) I prefer.......

I still drink but recognise it to be a somewhat silly, albeit addictive pass time.
Have to find the right reason to give up once and for all.

I'll have a drink at the ground but usually just to get away from the people around me. :)

The true patriotic drink...

If one ignores the 2000 Cola takeover.
you had to spoil it for me........oh for the days of loys (?) and slades home delivery trucks...........$6 a dozen all those bright, sparkly, coloured soft-drinks (not sodas) rattling away in their wooden boxes..............creamy soda, lime, cola, lemonade, raspberry, pineapple! also, carlton demeaned in the media

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recall Robert Mitchums quote about people who don’t drink :

“When you wake up in the morning that’s as good as you are going to feel all day !!”.

I also asked my doctor if I give up drinking will it make me live longer ?

He said “no - but it will seem longer !!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you could do with some serious preaching from someone has as quit drinking for 4.5 months and thinks they are now better than everyone else

Last edited:
Can only imagine my posting history if I did drink, probably shock some to hear I don’t given some of the antics on the game day threads.

I stopped drinking this year (New Year's res) and the benefits to my life have been countless.

Better at work, less stressed, no Sunday aniexty, lost weight, more money, I'm just generally 10-15% happier all the time.

I'd spend close to $100 at the footy on that watered down booze every week and usually another $50-60 having a few before or after at a pub.

In my case booze was holding me back from being better.

Getting in a drunken brawl at the footy is an absolute low point for anyone, maybe they need a break too.
Great work on the quitting of the devils nectar. I gave up temporarily from Nov 1st 2018 and it became something of a habit. Giving up that is.

It was every Saturday night for 18 years, because that’s just what tradies do apparently. Became somewhat habitual.

I’ve never felt better but I must admit, I had two during the Doggies game and 2 during the Pies game. But don’t “need” it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back