Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Go to fish n chips order?

Burger with the lot, two potato cakes, small chippies. Can't go wrong.
Has always been a piece of grilled/crumbed fish, a couple of potato 'cakes' ('scallops' in NSW, yet neither make any real sense), a couple of seafood/crab sticks and chips. Maybe a couple of dim sims too if they're any good.

my recycling bin is big enough to cope with the glass stubbies that get chucked in so a non issue
I need two recycling bins, so what does that say about me? WGAF!! Tinnies all the time, and never that Coopers shit.

I need two recycling bins, so what does that say about me? WGAF!! Tinnies all the time, and never that Coopers s**t.
I've got two recycling bins.

Purple for glass & yellow for paper, cans ext

#YOLO

Last edited:
Has always been a piece of grilled/crumbed fish, a couple of potato 'cakes' ('scallops' in NSW, yet neither make any real sense), a couple of seafood/crab sticks and chips. Maybe a couple of dim sims too if they're any good.
Scallops makes sense. It refers to a single slice of potato that otherwise would be used to top a French-styled dish with “scalloping” (layers of thinly sliced potato overlayed over the top of a dish to provide a potato crust). So the scallop is a single slice of potato battered and salted to make it all lovely.

Any other opinion is just #VICBIAS

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it a strolling party?
I'm not sure but the premise of a massive rager before an inspection did allow the hosts to live out their 80s movie fantasy of trying to clean up the house before the parents came home.

I'm not sure but the premise of a massive rager before an inspection did allow the hosts to live out their 80s movie fantasy of trying to clean up the house before the parents came home.
Oh everyone did that (with varying degrees of success - mostly none at all)

True story:

I knew this guy years ago, more a mate of a mate than a close friend. Anyway, he had a rental inspection scheduled and was finding it challenging to disguise the fact that he had been chain smoking in there for 12 months with doors and windows closed.

He hit on a surprisingly successful strategy. The agent was due to arrive at 2PM. Shortly after 1PM he started pan-frying some chilli cheese kranskies and got them to smoke point, which disguised the obvious smell of the place and created a smoke barrier to reduce visibility of obvious damage.

Also useful was that he had a 16 week old Labrador puppy frolicking in the yard with a kong toy filled with peanut butter. The 25Yo agent called Nikki was occupied primarily with the puppy and even gave him some tips about kransky cooking.

American Root Beer is awesome but I think I'm the only person in aus who likes it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I lived in US when I was younger and really got into it. The only drawback was it tended to make me belch, somehow specially designed for public occasions

Scallops makes sense. It refers to a single slice of potato that otherwise would be used to top a French-styled dish with “scalloping” (layers of thinly sliced potato overlayed over the top of a dish to provide a potato crust). So the scallop is a single slice of potato battered and salted to make it all lovely.

Any other opinion is just #VICBIAS
Oh I know what scalloped potatoes are, but 'potato cakes' certainly aren't that – they're fried and don't have cheese/cream. If anything, they're closer to being 'fritters'.

Oh I know what scalloped potatoes are, but 'potato cakes' certainly aren't that – they're fried and don't have cheese/cream. If anything, they're closer to being 'fritters'.
Cake is a silly word for what is clearly a singular scallop.

Go to fish n chips order?

Burger with the lot, two potato cakes, small chippies. Can't go wrong.
Got food poisoning off a souvo once, pretty sure it was the egg, threw up for 3 days straight like you wouldnt believe, once every 5-6 hours and no one heave wonder, a proper fill the bucket half way many many heaves. Never ordered from a fish and chips shop again, fkem all.

I ordered a ramen in Sydney one time and it was literally cheese and tomato sauce, italian pasta and brocolli.
I don't give a f what those weirdos call potato cakes.

They're called potato cakes. 100%.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back