Politics The comparison between Hitler and Donald Trump (It's not about genocide)

Remove this Banner Ad

And you the 000,000s who werent part of the Hussein regime?
Can you please advise of what I'd convey to them? Are you saying they'd be unhappy being told that innocents were impacted by 9/11?

He didnt say that either though.

He said the us ia a bully and when hurt a bully lashs out

He said nothing about the dead being to blame, you projected that
I asked if he would say it to those impacted? Would you tell a US citizen impacted by 9/11 that it was their fault? If you're blaming the US for the attack aren't you blaming their citizens? How do you project blame onto the US and ignore parts of the US?
Is violence able to be blamed on a bully? Is murder able to be blamed on a violent bully?

I don't think they were to blame, they were innocent victims sadly, but the actions of their government both Republican, and Democrat over the years prior to it left them with a pretty big target on their foreheads. But rather than look inwardly, and ask why someone might want to do this to their country, with god on their side, and American exceptionalism in their heart, they lashed out everywhere, and are a big part of the reason that IS exists to this day.
So their actions prior excused them being angry at the party who conducted the attacks?

Well the same stuff about innocent civillians being caught in the crossfire of terrorists, whether American or islamist.
So he shouldn't say it to Americans? (Or Australian citizens living in America)

Not at all, I'd be pissed too if it had happened to me. But the US is not the innocent victim in this that they'd like to see themselves as, and portrayed themselves as.
So you refer to the "US" as a whole in this, but you really mean those who pushed a terrible foreign policy? Do you also blame 'Australia' for the Lindt siege?

Can you please advise of what I'd convey to them? Are you saying they'd be unhappy being told that innocents were impacted by 9/11?

I asked if he would say it to those impacted? Would you tell a US citizen impacted by 9/11 that it was their fault? If you're blaming the US for the attack aren't you blaming their citizens? How do you project blame onto the US and ignore parts of the US?
Is violence able to be blamed on a bully? Is murder able to be blamed on a violent bully?

The us govt as an entity and an individual us citizen are two separate things.

Saying the govt is a bully isn't saying the individual is or that individual deserves punishment

The joke was completely missed by Maher, Jefferies, and 99% of the studio (his humour is wasted on those incapable of critical thinking), but it’s the funniest and most accurate observation I’ve heard in regard to the current political climate in some time. Well worth a watch.

Whose humour?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So he shouldn't say it to Americans? (Or Australian citizens living in America)

So you refer to the "US" as a whole in this, but you really mean those who pushed a terrible foreign policy? Do you also blame 'Australia' for the Lindt siege?
Lindt was a psycho with a gun, not a terrorist. Although if you want talk blame, let's start with John Howard, and George Brandis.

Lindt was a psycho with a gun, not a terrorist. Although if you want talk blame, let's start with John Howard, and George Brandis.
The defence of Salafists and their fascistic fellow travellers is fascinating. It's always someone elses fault. We should also blame Howard and Brandis for a man who helped murder his ex wife and had been sexually assaulted a number of women before deciding to shoot some people in Lindt Cafe. Those other crimes must be the responsibility of Liberal Party politicians.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You been reading a dictionary again son?
So passive aggressive.

Was the suicide attack on the Lal Shahbaz Qalandar shrine the other day a result of Western foreign policy?

Or was it because the regressive Salafist strain of Islam now dominates that culture - such that murdering Sufis is justified because they practice shirk.

If you were willing to peer into this world, instead of your self-satisfied received wisdom about what and what not to think, you might learn something

Read through the thread.

September 11 2001 was a classic case of the bully getting the bloodied nose, and like all bullies they blindly lashed out, and blamed everyone but themselves.
This is why I laughed like a drain as the events of 11/9 unfolded. It was inevitable they would do exactly this. Hey, they're that stupid. Look who just got elected. It has come to this.

They will regain a smidgen of credibility when they 'car park' Saudi Arabia.

So passive aggressive.

Was the suicide attack on the Lal Shahbaz Qalandar shrine the other day a result of Western foreign policy?

Or was it because the regressive Salafist strain of Islam now dominates that culture - such that murdering Sufis is justified because they practice shirk.

If you were willing to peer into this world, instead of your self-satisfied received wisdom about what and what not to think, you might learn something

Read through the thread.

Did you also read the messages of anger, shock and shame and commiseration? There is hope in that people are speaking out against this violence.

Did you also read the messages of anger, shock and shame and commiseration? There is hope in that people are speaking out against this violence.
Sufis are practically wiped out everywhere except Central Asia. These are the liberal Muslims that people talk about, driven into submission by mainstream Islam that sees them as heretics, cheerled by Salafist sympathisers in the West.

Sufis are practically wiped out everywhere except Central Asia. These are the liberal Muslims that people talk about, driven into submission by mainstream Islam that sees them as heretics, cheerled by Salafist sympathisers in the West.
Ok - not really disputed far as I know.

September 11 2001 was a classic case of the bully getting the bloodied nose, and like all bullies they blindly lashed out, and blamed everyone but themselves.
This post is just as dumb as all the crap Trump fans spout. There is no right or wrong side in the Middle East debacle. All sides have been victims and instigators at different points of time. Only forgiveness and agreement on a common value system will ever heal things. The first may be possible if strong leaders are found but the second looks impossible whilst ideologies of all sides significantly differ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back