List Mgmt. The Contract Status Thread (as of March 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah could get a few more games out of him. Thought he was pretty solid when he'd played in '19 and '20 but our smalls this year at both ends were great all year and never got injured so hard to get a start.

Bringing in Bowey and Laurie sealed his fate I think, and I imagine this means they like how Laurie is going as well. Besides those two the team has Pickett, Spargo Chandler, Bedford and Smith all are 21 or under and under 183cm, with Lockhart being almost 26 he has not shown enough to stay on the list.

The club also has to make cap space for Jackson and Pickett.
- Jones and Jetta will help with that.

So next year/this year I predict
- Next year will be Hibberds last year,
- They will want to trade out Melksham (though his contract ends 2022). So he will be gone after that,
- Marty Hore might move, he is almost the forgotten man at the club I feel,
- Jayden Hunt I think will be put out there as well. That said his position depends on cap space, but I don't think he is on premium money (guessing).

This is such a ruthless industry.

Surprised their has been no news on Kye Declase. Only played half a season at VFL level but his last 27 possession game for Casey showed serious promise.

In terms of players out of contract in 2022, my priorities in order are Jackson, Fritsch, Petty, Spargo, Bowey, Sparrow, Brayshaw and then all others. Thoughts?

In terms of players out of contract in 2022, my priorities in order are Jackson, Fritsch, Petty, Spargo, Bowey, Sparrow, Brayshaw and then all others. Thoughts?

Would have Spargo over Petty. Think his ball delivery inside 50 is great. Rest I agree with.

Only Jackson and Petty are any risk of going anywhere, and even they, they won’t

From the official AFL Media Release this morning:

MelbourneOskarBaker
TobyBedford
JakeBowey
AngusBrayshaw
BenBrown
LukeDunstan
BayleyFritsch
MaxGawn
JamesHarmes
MichaelHibberd
BlakeHowes
JaydenHunt
LukeJackson
JamesJordon
KysaiahKropinyeri-Pickett
EdLangdon
BaileyLaurie
JakeLever
StevenMay
TomMcDonald
JakeMelksham
AlexNeal-Bullen
ClaytonOliver
ChristianPetracca
HarrisonPetty
TrentRivers
FraserRosman
ChristianSalem
JoelSmith
CharlieSpargo
ThomasSparrow
AdamTomlinson
JacobVan Rooyen
JackViney
SamWeideman
TajWoewodin
Category AMitchellBrown
Category AKadeChandler
Category AMajakDaw
Category AJuddMcVee
Category ADeakynSmith
Category ADanielTurner
Category BAndyMoniz-Wakefield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On contracts priority.

I think Oliver is the most important signing we can do this year. One year ahead of his free agency.

Followed by Jackson and Brayshaw.

Followed again by Nibbler, and then I think Bedford.

I think Hunt is a toss-up, Re his standing, depending on recruiting opportunities and cost, salary cap.

Brown and Daw must surely finish, end of 2022.?

Chandler's spot is an interesting one, and I think needs be given a couple of games, to show himself.

So of those OOC, here's my thoughts:

Angus Brayshaw - keep, 3-5 years
Bailey Laurie - keep, 2 years
Fraser Rosman - jury's out
Jake Melksham - retire
Jayden Hunt - keep, 1 year
Luke Jackson - keep, 10 years
Joel Smith - jury's out
Mitch Brown - retire
Oskar Baker - delist
Toby Bedford - keep, 2 years
Deakyn Smith - jury's out
Michael Hibberd - ONE MORE YEAR

I like this. Even if one of the three end up having an impact, I believe that the retention of extended squad players in recent years (Baker, Chandler, Bedford etc) has played a key role in developing our club culture - and it's also great to be winning consistently at Casey level.

Annual reminder to all to try and remember how trade week actually works - e.g. players in contract won't be delisted, unless they are to be re-rookied or picked up elsewher as DFA - and also to have a look at Page 1 of the thread if unsure of contract status.

Re-Sign - Jacko (ha!), Hunt, Melk, Hibberd, Bedford

Delist - Rosman, MBrown, Baker

Open to being traded in some way, shape or form - Dunstan, BBrown, TMac, Tomlinson, Rivers, Chandler, ANB, Spargo, Jordon, Weid

Recently re-signed so irrelevant to discuss: Laurie, J.Smith, D.Smith, Moniz-Wakefield, Howes, Turner, McVee, Woewodin

Keep in all circumstances - Viney, Langdon, Brayshaw, Fritsch, Salem, Oliver, Petracca, Gawn, May, Lever, Petty, JVR, Bowey, Harmes, Sparrow, Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back