The DMac/HClark case - what is the alternative action?

Was there any reasonable alternative action for Mackay? (Chasing the ball, heading for goal)

• Yes

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Would it be fairer to say both Clark and MacKay were running in a direct line to the ball at a tangent with each other?

Your saying MacKay elected to bump is just not right. I don’t think it is right, the Tribunal didn’t think it was right and I haven’t heard any commentator say he elected to bump, even the ones who were in favour of him being sent to the Tribunal and the ONE who thought he should be suspended.

It was awful for Clark copping that injury and sad for the Saints and their supporters such as yourself, but MacKay was not at fault.

Mackay said in his statement to the tribunal that he didn't brace for contact, that his arm was limp the whole time but in the replayed footage for a different angle, you clearly see Mackay with a bent arm after he hit Clark.
Why lie about such a small fact?
Maybe because he intended to bump Clark so he wasn't going to be injured. And only way in a split moment he thought I he would be spated was to bump Clark.
I'm not saying he did it with malice but he did bump Clark.
The argument at the Tribunal wasn't 8f he bumped or not but if he used duty of care when going into the contest. If it was about the bump then Michael Christian would of offered him two match ban.

Mackay said in his statement to the tribunal that he didn't brace for contact, that his arm was limp the whole time but in the replayed footage for a different angle, you clearly see Mackay with a bent arm after he hit Clark.
Why lie about such a small fact?
Maybe because he intended to bump Clark so he wasn't going to be injured. And only way in a split moment he thought I he would be spated was to bump Clark.
I'm not saying he did it with malice but he did bump Clark.
The argument at the Tribunal wasn't 8f he bumped or not but if he used duty of care when going into the contest. If it was about the bump then Michael Christian would of offered him two match ban.

He did not bump. Bent arm after he hit Clark? It's as if you don't understand what happens when two things collide.. you have proven time again you have no idea what choosing to bump is..

Back