Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Morning all.

I guess this will be considered my first press release as co-captain of the Dragons and it is tinged in some sadness I guess it could be said.

Firstly, four days have passed since our defeat at the hands of the Wonders. It feels like five. I would publically like to take this moment to congratulate the Wonders on their heroic victory and their remarkable finals campaign. We never really saw you coming and that will surely haunt us for a long time. To the Dragons, I have spoken to some of you privately but for all of you there can be nothing but pride for the journey made, the way the season was played, the hoodoos broken and the new one we have to now tackle. Season 18 is about redemption, it's time to look to the next season and remember our hunger and fight and take that trophy we just had one fingertip on.

Which brings me to some sad news.

The first week post finals is when we start to see some players moving on and we at the Dragons are no different. Two of our Grand Final participants have been offered enticing roles at other clubs and we at the Dragons feel both players will have a chance to grow and find happiness in these new ventures.

HawkPatrol has chosen to leave us and it is with our blessing. He came to us in the last off season at a time that we were desperate to build our list. We thank him for that. He feels his time at the league is running down and has taken an offer he is happy with. He deserves the full gratitude and support of the Dragons as he moves along and he gets it. Thank you Snappy! for your time here.

The second player leaving is a surprise and a personal favourite of mine. Uncle Leo came to me mid season for a transfer from the Royals and settled in superbly, forcing his way into our midfield and finding career best form quite quickly. Leo polarises posters, he is a high class antagonist and I have always ascertained I'd rather have him on my team than against it. Unfortunately this will not be the case next season as he has found a new home, a level of responsibility I know he has craved and I feel he will be an asset to his new team.

I'm sure both players will announce their moves in the coming days as is their prerogative. To HP and Leo, good luck guys. We'll miss your presence in our match threads and appreciate your time here.

Of course, we are going to line you up for thumpings at least twice next year.

So as stands, it goes without saying the Dragons are working very hard behind the scenes to shore up our squad heading into next season. More announcements to follow...

Leo is available?

Nope.

He left for a pre-determined opportunity elsewhere and I know enough about him to know he'll honour that.

What's with the dragons? they keep saying every next season is all about redemption. A lot of redemptions that's for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does it hurt you that he still is able to be poached?

Yeah, by a new club each season. Would not surprise me if he was forced out and the OP was create to make people think otherwise. He's like the problem child. Hopefully one day he can finally settle down at one club. His frequent flyer points must be massive by now.

Yeah, by a new club each season. Would not surprise me if he was forced out and the OP was create to make people think otherwise. He's like the problem child. Hopefully one day he can finally settle down at one club. His frequent flyer points must be massive by now.

romney.gif

He spent a season and a half at the Royals and then came to us.

Do you think Leo just decided he was out? He discussed it with me over a couple of days, we then both agreed the Furies offer was closer to what he wanted out of his career. He handled himself brilliantly and has our respect.

I've had a presence in the league for three seasons and I've seen you at two clubs and a season where nobody would touch you. Don't throw stones.

You're so open about this.

I'm open about all my relationships darling. :hearts:

What better way to gain players than in a thread that their sort of current captain announces other loses, morally wrong but ever so delicious.
:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back