Official Team Thread The East Side Hawks S23 Spectacular Team Thread - Congrats EJW and TFW dual BFF's.

Remove this Banner Ad

HAPPY HAWKS HARRASS HORRIBLE ROYS

BRUNSWICK: The East Side resurgence showed no signs of slowing down yesterday at Brunswick RSL and Retirement Village with a 54 point victory.

The masterclass was the most complete performance of season 23, with huge contributions from The Filth Wizard (28d 2g) Brown Bottle (26d 2g) and Elton Johns Wig (19d 17ho) the result was never in doubt. Whilst these performances would normally assure the player best on ground honours Loonerty (29d 2g) and brahj (5 goals) were simply magnificent and both players surely now are in the conversation for All SFA recognition.

Captain The Filth Wizard was pleased that the players "took my words seriously from last week, we have now set a standard and we must achieve this week in-week out".

The Hawks come back home this Sunday to take on the Fighting Furries at Waverley Park.

ROYS 2 0 3 0 6 4 9 7 61
HAWKS 4 4 8 8 10 12 17 13 115

GOALS: brahj 5, boncer34 3, Loonerty 2, The Filth Wizard 2, Brown Bottle 2, Agent93 1, Elton Johns Wig 1, GN80 1.
BEST: Loonerty , brahj , The Filth Wizard, Brown Bottle , Elton Johns Wig , Biggie

Untitled.png

Guys I was thinking about putting together a yearbook with my game reports and all that.

As we are approaching the halfway point of the season does anyone else have any ideas for extra stuff to go in the book?

Guys I was thinking about putting together a yearbook with my game reports and all that.

As we are approaching the halfway point of the season does anyone else have any ideas for extra stuff to go in the book?
Fun facts: like how Waverley Park was once an army training ground and there may still be unexploded ordinance somewhere under the western goalposts...

Fun facts: like how Waverley Park was once an army training ground and there may still be unexploded ordinance somewhere under the western goalposts...

Ok make a list of fun facts that I will place at the bottom of each page

We have the best defence in the comp. Onya backline!

Ok make a list of fun facts that I will place at the bottom of each page

Fun fact: 'Waverley' comes from the Woiwurrung phrase that means 'The Empty Bit Near All Those Houses'.

Fun fact: Hawks can see 8 times better than human beings, but still think Hypercolour t-shirts are cool.

Fun fact: The grass at Waverley Park is made of wool.

Oh this is fun...

Fun fact: 'Waverley' comes from the Woiwurrung phrase that means 'The Empty Bit Near All Those Houses'.

Fun fact: Hawks can see 8 times better than human beings, but still think Hypercolour t-shirts are cool.

Fun fact: The grass at Waverley Park is made of wool.

Oh this is fun...
Fun Fact: The grass at Waverley is made of the scalps of the previous vanquished opponents, dyed green with envy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone want to contribute (apart from the fun facts) perhaps interviews, profile pieces etc?

Hello everyone;

Looks like I'm up against Stevi_Tigers in my first match. Any tips?

HAWKS OUTGUNNED BY FURIES

WAVERLEY: The Fighting Furies were too good for the East Side Hawks yesterday in a shootout at Waverley Park. In what turned out to be a fantastic game for the neutrals the Furies prevailed by 19 points.

Club Captain The Filth Wizard, channelling his inner Brad Scott was disappointed with the result but "relatively happy as the boys and gals put in a huge effort, there is an easy fix to the problems we faced today defensively the match was an aberration and I won't cast any dispersions (sic) on the backline because I know they will bounce back to their regular form next week against the Wonders"

For the Hawks RookieListed put in an Ivan Drago type performance picking up 36 disposals, Loonerty built on his fine season with 24 touches, The Filth Wizard (22d) and Elton Johns Wig (22d, 25ho) provided invaluable support. Up forward the brahj (6g) / larrikin (4g) 1-2 punch hit the scoreboard with amazing regularity.

At the halfway point of the season the Hawks (3-4-1) remain in the top eight and will look to solidify their finals spot in the back half of the season. The journey continues Sunday at the Colosseum where the Hawks face off against the Wonders.

HAW 6 6 9 8 14 12 18 13 121
FUR 5 4 10 8 16 12 21 14 140

BEST: RookieListed , Loonerty, brahj , Elton Johns Wig , The Filth Wizard , larrikin

GOALS: brahj 6, larrikin 4, Brown Bottle 2, GN80 2, RookieListed 1, Biggie 1, WaLkEr_ThE_StAr 1, Loonerty 1

Untitled.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back