Remove this Banner Ad

Hard_to_Beat

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Iceland tells the FBI to **** off.

The story was revealed in an Icelandic national broadcaster RUV report on 30 January 2013 by WikiLeaks spokesperson Kristinn Hrafnsson. Hrafnsson explains.

'The FBI arrived in private planes and landed at the Reykjavík airport. According to my sources, which are highly reliable and which I have been able to corroborate, news of the visit reached Home Secretary Ögmundur Jónasson who reacted sharply, as it was unbelievably presumptuous to come to Iceland that way. According to my sources, Jónasson demanded that the FBI agents pack their bags, get back onboard, and leave the country. The matter was then brought before the cabinet and a formal protest was issued to US authorities.'
Ögmundur Jónasson corroborates for Morgunblaðið that FBI agents arrived on Iceland and remained in the country a few days. He claims he doesn't know how many there were, but that it was out of the question that a foreign power be allowed to conduct private investigations of Icelandic citizens and their activities in the country:

'I can corroborate this took place in August 2011. Agents from the FBI arrived in Iceland. They'll have to answer for what their plans were. I can also corroborate that they wanted to get the cooperation of the national police and the national prosecutor's office.'

Commos and Muslims.

All we're missing is homosexuals and atheists.

See what you can dig up for me.:thumbsu:

I can't parse that babble. I can only assume that you are labelling me a hysterical racist for mentioning our potential regional security threats as we head into the 21st century and beyond.

Because as we all know, geopolitical positions never change and no country has ever been invaded before by competing regional interests.

And most certainly not to us. Within the last century. But if we had, then we definitely wouldn’t have need a relationship with the US then either.

• Banned
Yeah, I know, because access to uranium and a mid range rocket is completely beyond our technical capabilities.

Best to stay subservient. It's safer that way.

Yeah, I know, because access to uranium and a mid range rocket is completely beyond our technical capabilities.

Best to stay subservient. It's safer that way.

Cool, lets start a nuclear arms race with Indonesia then. Sounds like a more stable solution.

It has nothing to do with being subservient. The US need us to be on their side too. So we engage in a mutual respectful and beneficial relationship. Give and take.

China is no threat to us. We are a threat to china though. It's exactly the same as Japan in the 30's. We were an ally to the nation that pushed them into war by denying them things like oil, by freezing their assets (like what happened to Wikileaks).

Embargoes/sanctions are classified as an act of war.

If we do that s**t to china or are complicit in it because we want to restrain thier economy, well I suppose we get what we deserve. If the americans use bases here to harrass/attack china......

I suspect you aren't as intelligent as you think you are. Do you always react like this when someone expresses a counter viewpoint?

Yes, he probably has you on ignore now, like all the other posters who challenge, or disagree with him.

Birgit Jonsdottir is a mean chick I swear. I would not mind a piece of that action if she could put up with me. first hubby was Austrayin, but dont really put meself inline for sloppy seconds after assange. in this case, it would be queues to test for VD after assange.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First, Britian use new anti-terrorist laws to freeze Iceland's assets and now the American just walk in and investigate their citizens! They must have pissed someone off already.

First, Britian use new anti-terrorist laws to freeze Iceland's assets and now the American just walk in and investigate their citizens! They must have pissed someone off already.

If I remember correctly mr Assange was the dinner date of the Iceland ambassador to Sweden when she went to a party at the septic tanks embassy in sweden...

Evidently the next week when wikilaeks published cables from that ambassodor and then pics of him entertaining Assange, it didn't go down well.

If I remember correctly mr Assange was the dinner date of the Iceland ambassador to Sweden when she went to a party at the septic tanks embassy in sweden...

Evidently the next week when wikilaeks published cables from that ambassodor and then pics of him entertaining Assange, it didn't go down well.

Lol. I didn't know this! I don't know much about Iceland/Wikileaks links, but its a fantastic country and the people are so damn nice. Go there!

Do you know much about Britain freezing Icelandic assets? I seem to recall UK excuses about GFC and outstanding debts but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with Datacell (wikileaks payment processor) being based in Reykjavik.

since when did imperial states, and former empires, ever respect sovereignty? I know the guy with the answer Hard_to_Beat will kindly provide it

Lol. I didn't know this! I don't know much about Iceland/Wikileaks links, but its a fantastic country and the people are so damn nice. Go there!

Do you know much about Britain freezing Icelandic assets? I seem to recall UK excuses about GFC and outstanding debts but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with Datacell (wikileaks payment processor) being based in Reykjavik.

nah, ask medusala it was all about Kaupthing and the other icelandic shadow banking industry, they were offering consumer savings rates about 10%, a coupla hundred points above any other offer. They got a truckload of regular peoples savings, and savings accounts.

then they toppled.

silly pickled fish eatarz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back