Mega Thread The Flat Earth Mega thread.

What shape is the Earth?

• Globe

• Flat circle

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lulz...wtf is ^that^
The thing people have always been misconstruing with "Flat" Earth is that that somehow means the earth is thin like a table-top. But Flat just means on the surface. The "Earth" is a space rock. A rock where it's only inhabitable on the upside of it. But the Earth, like any rock, is a chunk, misshapen....eg...

upload_2018-2-24_21-14-25.jpeg

If anyone understands microwave transmission can tell me how this works over curvature (serious question) as I don't understand that'd be great.

From what I understand no satalites and needs direct line of sight. But am not sure what other factors are at play here

http://www.exaltcom.com/How-Far-Will-It-Go.aspx

Your Radio Can Go How Far!?
A common technique that vendors use to claim greater range is to conveniently ignore throughput availability and instead focus only on link availability. This approach is indeed convenient, as it allows these vendors to make just about any range claim they wish, as they guarantee only a connection.

An impressive and popular range claim is 124 miles. The reader will discover that no assumptions are provided to support such claims. Such a range truly would be impressive if it did not require the use of two 2000 foot (600 meter) towers in order to clear the Earth’s curvature. Assuming that small hurdle could be overcome – if the radios were operating in space, for example – then many microwave radios, including Exalt radios, could communicate at this distance, assuming adequately sized antennas and no requirements for throughput or throughput availability.

But such impractical range specifications are of little use to a microwave professional trying to determine whether a microwave system can deliver 100 Mbps of guaranteed user throughput across a link at 99.999% availability. That’s why you won’t see Exalt quoting a 124-mile range and why Exalt range specifications always include realistic underlying assumptions.

Remember: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

It's funny because this article is exactly from the same people who make this claim of the record distance.

Also According to the video I posted the guy spoke to exalt and they said it was as advertised direct line of sight over 235km of water.

There has to be something else to it (technology or technique). But I am no expert on this.

Last edited:
It's funny because this article is exactly from the same people who make this claim of the record distance.

Also According to the video I posted the guy spoke to exalt and they said it was as advertised direct line of sight over 235km of water.

There has to be something else to it (technology or technique). But I am no expert on this.

Unless they found a way to bounce the direct microwave connection or force it through water with lossless projection, it seems dubious at best. Or maybe the fact that the earth isnt a perfect sphere and has bulging points at the equator or something? Not sure really.

One of the biggest signs imo is that the concept of whether we're a globe or flat or something else is being genuinely debated by scientists and the general world population....if it was so cut-and-dried, there wouldn't be any debate whatsoever. And THIS also damns NASA's projects in the process.

If it was so easy to answer, genuine academics/scientists/etc would just use NASA photos. But everyone knows, dirty little secret, that man has never left low Earth orbit, otherwise it would be easy to solve.

This includes why there are genuine experiments and tests being conducted by scientists, and so much heated debate AND UNSURENESS about a range of related issues like gravity, microwaves, line of sight across hundreds of miles, satellite technology, etc.

Lol,let's believe governments are legit and people are smart?
GG,start a post on Mastressfirm,people seriously think we are living upsidedown and the world is cool.
If the world was cool there would be no losers,so no bay.
Why is there a bay,if we are in a knowledgeable world?

One of the biggest signs imo is that the concept of whether we're a globe or flat or something else is being genuinely debated by scientists and the general world population....if it was so cut-and-dried, there wouldn't be any debate whatsoever. And THIS also damns NASA's projects in the process.

If it was so easy to answer, genuine academics/scientists/etc would just use NASA photos. But everyone knows, dirty little secret, that man has never left low Earth orbit, otherwise it would be easy to solve.

This includes why there are genuine experiments and tests being conducted by scientists, and so much heated debate AND UNSURENESS about a range of related issues like gravity, microwaves, line of sight across hundreds of miles, satellite technology, etc.
As as I saw Niel drop a mic as evidence of gravity i knew sh** was messed up (this is the default answer go jump off a bridge fall off a building without even thinking about what they're saying). Especially when Niel couldn't answer the question what is gravity when put on the spot.

Bill Nye that guy is awol and yet these guys are the face of it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no evidence for it....yet.

What do you consider evidence? Is evidence being put into a rocket and sat in space as the Earth rotates below you? Is that the extent of proof people are going to require?

Evidence certainly is not jumping up and falling down or dropping an object if that's the quality we accept for our reality ....I am fine with people questioning it and they have every right to.

Sturgeon's Law.

Sturgeon's revelation (as originally expounded by Sturgeon), commonly referred to as Sturgeon's law, is an adage commonly cited as "ninety percent of everything is crap". It is derived from quotations by Theodore Sturgeon, an American science fiction author and critic; while Sturgeon coined another adage that he termed "Sturgeon's law", it is the "ninety percent crap" remark that is usually referred to by that term.

I repeat Sturgeon's Revelation, which was wrung out of me after twenty years of wearying defense of science fiction against attacks of people who used the worst examples of the field for ammunition, and whose conclusion was that ninety percent of SF is crud. Using the same standards that categorize 90% of science fiction as trash, crud, or crap, it can be argued that 90% of film, literature, consumer goods, etc. is crap. In other words, the claim (or fact) that 90% of science
fiction is crap is ultimately uninformative, because science fiction conforms to the same trends of quality as all other artforms.

In 2013, philosopher Daniel Dennett championed Sturgeon's law as one of his seven tools for critical thinking. "90% of everything is crap. That is true, whether you are talking about physics, chemistry, evolutionary psychology, sociology, medicine—you name it—rock music, country western. 90% of everything is crap." Its
re-introduction to a modern audience received a positive reception, according to Dennett.

Do you think Sturgeon thinks we are living upside down,or is that just slightly crap?
Sturgeon certainly wouldn't have ever posted in a website called 'the bay'
Lol bay people. Why would you bother.

Lol gravity is a theory,havnt we gone over this? Tweet Tweet.

Beginning a discussion with "90% of everything is crap" is not useful for meaningful discussion. I think it's only useful purpose is to stifle discussion.

It was originally used in relation to Science Fiction (ie - 90% of sci-fi stories are crap). Not really sure it is a decent axiom for real scientific analysis.

Flat_earth.jpg

Direct flights from Perth to Buenos Aires coming. Travelling across Antarctica in ~15 hours. I'd like to see the explanation from FE.

https://soperth.com.au/perth-buenos-aires-direct-flights-20612

Back