FTA-TV The Footy Show - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Everything else I can take or leave but I liked the post just for that :D and may we ship him out of Australia. perhaps send him to the moon ? :D
lyonstretcher4f715cc81861331abc000b77.jpg

I just heard another rumour which is worse!!

Gary wasn't screwing Billy's mrs... Think about it... What's worse?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just heard another rumour which is worse!!

Gary wasn't screwing Billy's mrs... Think about it... What's worse?
i was thinking Billy was trying to root Garys missus, but the 3-some with Billys daughters is "worse" or better depending on how you look at it.

But seriously, if its a anything to do with being unfaithful then hiding behind mental illness is disgusting. This would appear to be the 2nd time a high profile footy person is using the publics awareness of mental illness as a smoke screen for other more sinister things. As a sufferer of anxiety its insulting to read about people have short bursts of mental illness. If found to be untrue then the 2 latest people to supposedly be suffering from mental illness deserve to be hung out to dry.

Hope he's not using mental health as a copout.

If not, I hope he recovers promptly, despite what he may have done.
My thoughts exactly.
Absolutely despicable if his mental state is due to cutting his mates lunch, of course you'd end up feeling bad about it but to label it "mental health issues" when it's really just horrible guilt is a slap in the face for all those (including myself) that genuinely deal with issues such as depression on a daily basis.

Hope he's not using mental health as a copout.

If not, I hope he recovers promptly, despite what he may have done.

Its the goto sympathy card in the media

If people found out it's bs it will backfire hard and not just on Lyon.

Don't think this is made up.

Yep, I don't like the way it has played out. Did the mental health issues only come about because of the article?

cynic inside of me thinks the same way. although the sympathetic side says hey no wait wait wait.....maybe not.

i think the internet has allowed mankind to be more cynical as man is better read and "educated" on everything.

im sure there will be a poster who declares this to be a private matter and no one should comment on it. well, its private as its public now.

the media are a protective species in many ways. lyon is well liked, and dont think anything will be leaked to make out its a cop out or anything.

cynic inside of me thinks the same way. although the sympathetic side says hey no wait wait wait.....maybe not.

i think the internet has allowed mankind to be more cynical as man is better read and "educated" on everything.

im sure there will be a poster who declares this to be a private matter and no one should comment on it. well, its private as its public now.

the media are a protective species in many ways. lyon is well liked, and dont think anything will be leaked to make out its a cop out or anything.
Not surprising that all the reports of foul play are coming from the herald sun but the age is reporting on the mental health aspect and remaining tight lipped. They protect there own, protected species for sure

Either way, one of them will probably leave for good. Citing Mental health issues for a lack of self discipline is a cop out and makes a mockery of the whole mental health issue, and the people who suffer from these issues. I wonder how Sam Newman will deal with this? Let's see how direct he will be about it down the track.

Mental health is quickly becoming a get out of jail free card in my opinion. It's really unfair on those who genuinely suffer mental health issues.

Channel 7 went into a fair bit of detail, giving their audience a few hints, channel 9 basically focused on the media release.

On TFS, it has become tried and I'm not even sure they have had a new joke in recent years, basically Lyon is a fence sitter, Brayshaw is hard to take seriously and Billy isn't funny.

Boy, Channel 9 statement really makes Billy Brownless look like a prick for not being willing to forgive his mate with a mental health issue. #standbyyourmate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back