FTA-TV The Footy Show 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Selwood's missus handled that ambush like a champ. Could tell that Selwood wasn't overly impressed that the footy show included his missus. But she spoke better than Joel did.

Maddern should go back to being a serious journo instead of a dumb bimbo, she's better than this normally.

She's alright. I think she'll be better now Eddie is there. Eddie seems to run a more organized ship. Even Newman has been reasonably behaved.

They're actually talking football and football related stuff instead of the same s**t jokes every week which is nice. Hopefully they keep Billy away from the show and it might end up pkay

I agree. Billy adds absolutely nothing to the show. His jokes aren't even funny, and sometimes they are inappropriate and he is stupid enough to immediately try and take them back (which just highlights how stupid he is for saying them in the first place).

She's alright. I think she'll be better now Eddie is there. Eddie seems to run a more organized ship. Even Newman has been reasonably behaved.

She's said some silly things tonight and has come across more like a "try hard" instead of letting her journalistic background come to the fore.

She's said some silly things tonight and has come across more like a "try hard" instead of letting her journalistic background come to the fore.

Nah, I agree. But its a different setup. I don't watch it every week, but she looked out of place next to Hutchy. I think shes a good fit to have near Eddie and Sam. She'll be right.

This is s**t. No need to change everything, just what wasn't working. For people who have watched this show most of their lives, this is it, it is done. Set looks crap as does the desk set up and the way they have hosts sitting. Along with the format. She's cactus

What wasn't working exactly?

This show is back. It's finally a footy show again

EDIT: Dave is the main thing I'd change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What wasn't working exactly?

This show is back. It's finally a footy show again
Hutchison clearly as they gave him the ass. Maddern doesn't work either, only on there due to her gender and gender equality argument. And if anyone finds dave Hughes funny apart from his teeth gap then they should get a cat scan

Hutchison clearly as they gave him the ass. Maddern doesn't work either, only on there due to her gender and gender equality argument. And if anyone finds dave Hughes funny apart from his teeth gap then they should get a cat scan

The hosts weren't the problem, the same shitty jokes done to death were the problem.

Sam Newman is old.
Gary Lyon is hairy.
Billy is fat.

Hey, let's use that footage of Gary breaking his leg again.

Rinse and repeat for 12 years. Footy was literally 10% of the show.

A good footy show is easy, talk footy, make jokes around it. It's taken a decade for them to realise people got bored of the old set up.

I thought that was you out there Merv you Perve....

It is wat it is...funnier.

Might go start my Front Bar Thread here if its not already started.
Front Bar is purely designed to present scripted jokes involving footy footage. It could basically have a laugh track in the background that goes off every minute on the minute.

Footy Show is more akin to a Late Night Talk variety show. Has skits (some will work, some won't), interviews, serious news, chats about footy topics. It isn't about churning out gag after gag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back