The future of the ABC - Guthrie sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting newshound tactic by Aunty advertising for victims of racism from Covid 19 - is twitter letting down our taxpayer funded journos in isolation, are journos really supposed to put in to report on stories?

Any whacko keen on the racist narrative will be queued up to get a sympathetic ear resulting in proof of the racist country some want us to be.

Guess what, they've got one

I'm not denying racism, it exists across all races, its the way that the ABC are setting out to establish a narrative that disgusts me.

Interesting newshound tactic by Aunty advertising for victims of racism from Covid 19 - is twitter letting down our taxpayer funded journos in isolation, are journos really supposed to put in to report on stories?

Any whacko keen on the racist narrative will be queued up to get a sympathetic ear resulting in proof of the racist country some want us to be.

I'm not denying racism, it exists across all races, its the way that the ABC are setting out to establish a narrative that disgusts me.

You're pissed at the abc for reporting racism ?

Come to a conclusion first and then backfill the evidence to suit.

Good anti China piece on the ABC News Sunday night, more a magazine format than news, on the Murray Darling Basin water rights.

Any chance this is related to the call for anti Chinese incidents, just coincidence?

Good to see the ABC picking up this incident in Melbourne

Doesnt go with the narrative, so more strength for the ABC picking it up. Lets see where it features.

What's a qanda?
I think he meant quenda

23-03-quenda-from-Jesse.jpg

Like many conservatives who believe anyone who doesn’t make 100k a year in their first year out of school aren’t trying hard enough, Hugo doesn’t necessarily have an issue with the ABC’s content.

It’s more an ideological issue with the concept of the ABC. Hugo despises having to give 4 cents of his yearly income to pay the salaries of public servants who churn out investigative news stories that come across as too anti-corruption centric and too focused on reporting on his unfair birthright advantages that have led to such a charmed life of intergenerational wealth-hoarding.

Concerned Emma Alberici isnt going back to Italy (again) after the ABC cuts. She got that gig after a couple of bad calls as a business journo, & I'm worried Aunty might expect her to go back to Italy again at her own expense, or even worse offer he a full time job on normal pay, the lady is a star.

Wouldn't be holding my breath for her to speak out. She's a reactionary stoolie along with all the reactionaries the worst communications minister we've had in Fifield stacked the board with. The plutocrats are about destroying the ABC. Their interest is in having a media that is compliant - à la the Dirty Diggers outfit.

NkhgCy6.jpg

#scottyfrommarketing - the ventriloquist. :think:

wic5IKx.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be holding my breath for her to speak out. She's a reactionary stoolie along with all the reactionaries the worst communications minister we've had in Fifield stacked the board with. The plutocrats are about destroying the ABC. Their interest is in having a media that is compliant - à la the Dirty Diggers outfit.

NkhgCy6.jpg

wic5IKx.jpg

Who told you that?

The ABC?
Here in Melbourne the 774 people are arcing up over the loss of the 7.45 am news bulletin. Saved $zip.
I think he came up with it off his own back but he's not far off.

Turnbull v Alberici case in point

Who told him that the libs want a compliant media ?
He/she must be oblivious to the concerted trenchant criticism of the ABC from the Coalition over decades. From pressuring over insufficient right wing coverage through to demands for privatisation.

Oblivious to the concerted campaign by Coalition ministers – and others - through to the then PM pressuring ABC management over coverage. Fifield was contacting his mate Milne on a regular basis. Even he/she must recall the public outcry over the attempts by the government to interfere with the day to day running of the ABC by seeking to have Alberici sacked. Within the last week or so there were reports the office of #scottyfrommarketing was pressuring the ABC about the coverage of one of his PR stunts.

Oblivious to the blatant stacking of the board by Fifield and the appointment of a compliant Chair in order to move the organisation right of centre. Something that is occurring in programming and by starving the organisation of funds. While a compliant Chair has gone missing at the very time her organisation is under siege.

As Kerry O’Brien said in his 2019 Walkley Foundation speech:

‘Freedom is usually eroded gradually. It might happen over years, even decades. Its loss is not necessarily felt day by day, but we will certainly know when it’s gone.’

NkhgCy6.jpg

wic5IKx.jpg
Blaming others To deflect when she can’t do her own job

Every one else is doing it tough, losing businesses, lively hoods, government in recession, the media industry in general is going down due to social media.
Yet old buttress is crying over job cuts and not getting extra funding whilst every else is suffering!

PS5NS7b.jpg

Indeed! But good luck in moving a politically lethargic mass to action. No point in whining after the ABC has been Murdochritised by the marketer and his plutocratic mendacious mates. Wake the f**k up people.

PS5NS7b.jpg

Indeed! But good luck in moving a politically lethargic mass to action. No point in whining after the ABC has been Murdochritised by the marketer and his plutocratic mendacious mates. Wake the f**k up people.

Having a dip at other media outlets suggests there are plenty of problems in house & publicly no one is held to account.
Dropping the 7.45 radio news as a cost saving measure surely cant be waved through even buy the cheer squad.

On what basis do you claim it's not a savings measure?

Campaigned hard for ABC funding have you?

What cost has been cut?

I believe the ABC news collection should be the best in the country, Aus is a big place, the foreign correspondents reporting the facts will always be a 'go to' service IF it does not confuse the news with opinion.

Seems to be lots of duplication in the ABC, lots of outlets in both radio & television.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back