Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My money is on Klitschko winning by points or late K.O. Wladimir will punch, hold, punch, hold like he has his whole career. Joshua will not have the answers and get will worn down as the fight goes on. Best chance he has is to catch Klitschko cold early in the fight.

My money is on Klitschko winning by points or late K.O. Wladimir will punch, hold, punch, hold like he has his whole career. Joshua will not have the answers and get will worn down as the fight goes on. Best chance he has is to catch Klitschko cold early in the fight.

I think AJ smokes him.

Don't get me wrong I don't think AJ is the second coming of god, I think Parker will end up the best of the bunch once he works out the kinks.

Wlad is old and gunshy though. I hope he surprises us... But the Wlad that showed up against Tyson "ovarrated unco" Fury gets an early sleep against AJ. Let's not forget Wlad has a soft chin thats been well protected because of his reflex, boxing IQ and skill.

Once the reflex fades with age, the skill fades once the skill fades the confidence fades and once the confidence fades mistakes get made. I think this will expose Wlads chin and he will get tagged.

I think Parker will end up the best of the bunch once he works out the kinks.

Parker is terrible. I thought he got a gift decision against Ruiz - who practically outboxed him. Wilder offered Parker a fight after H.Fury fell though, and instead Parker has opted to fight a nobody. He doesn't dare to be great. He probably knows he gets exposed against anyone who can actually fight. The moment Parker steps up he will get beaten up again.

Parker is terrible. I thought he got a gift decision against Ruiz - who practically outboxed him. Wilder offered Parker a fight after H.Fury fell though, and instead Parker has opted to fight a nobody. He doesn't dare to be great. He probably knows he gets exposed against anyone who can actually fight. The moment Parker steps up he will get beaten up again.

He won a close fight against Ruiz which could have gone either way sure... Ruiz would be Wilder's best opponent by a country mile.

Please don't be so dense. Wilder offered him a short notice fight fully knowing it wouldn't be accepted. Wilder is the same bum who's nearing 32 and perhaps has the worst resume of any champion currently in any division.

He won a close fight against Ruiz which could have gone either way sure... Ruiz would be Wilder's best opponent by a country mile.

Please don't be so dense. Wilder offered him a short notice fight fully knowing it wouldn't be accepted. Wilder is the same bum who's nearing 32 and perhaps has the worst resume of any champion currently in any division.

Parker is fighting on that date anyway - and was already in camp for Fury. Parker is going ahead with another fight and all Wilder did was offer to unify the belts (even offered to fight in NZ). Wilder would have been the one taking the fight unprepared. Instead of fighting for another world title Parker instead fights another stiff. Pretty pathetic really. Joshua on the other hand (another young and hungry lion) jumps at the opportunity to test himself against the best. The complete opposite of Parker.

Parker is fighting on that date anyway - and was already in camp for Fury. Parker is going ahead with another fight and all Wilder did was offer to unify the belts (even offered to fight in NZ). Wilder would have been the one taking the fight unprepared. Instead of fighting for another world title Parker instead fights another stiff. Pretty pathetic really. Joshua on the other hand (another young and hungry lion) jumps at the opportunity to test himself against the best. The complete opposite of Parker.

Parker has fought Takam and Ruiz which is better competition than AJ or Wilder have faced yet. AJ is about to face a 40+ Wlad not a 31 year old prime killer Wlad.

Anyway doesn't matter. The fact we have differing opinions is a good thing. Means HW has some life in it.

What a fight !!!!

Thought Joshua was gone.
Great battle, I also thought he was finished in the 5th but what a fightback. Pure heart shown by the young fella. :thumbsu:

What a fight !!!!

Thought Joshua was gone.

I thought he may have been looking for a way out as well. He looked as though he didn't want to be in there at times after the knock down. Credit to him though, he hung in there when many thought he was just seeing the fight out. Joshua was hit by a right hand that I don't think many heavyweights would have got up from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt it. But hope there is a rematch. Joshua did better than i thought he would. Knew Klitschko had something left.

If klitschko wants to fight on but doesn't want to fight Joshua again he should challenge Wilder for his belt.

Bloody ripper battle. Klitschko is still a true champion. In his 40's it shows he could still get through 12 rounds except for a KO in the future ...
It seems his wins will be up hill battles and less likely from now on due to his age even though he plays like a true strategist.

Bloody ripper battle. Klitschko is still a true champion. In his 40's it shows he could still get through 12 rounds except for a KO in the future ...
It seems his wins will be up hill battles and less likely from now on due to his age even though he plays like a true strategist.

I reckon even at 41 Klitschko will have Wilders measure. Wilder is very inferior to joshua... excels only due to his reach and mammoth right hand.

Joshua looks unbeatable for a while now...

I'm so confused now Joshua is the super champion, and Shannon Briggs is fighting for the Fres Oquendo for the regular title. What's the difference?

I'm so confused now Joshua is the super champion, and Shannon Briggs is fighting for the Fres Oquendo for the regular title. What's the difference?

BS boxing titles like that kill the sport. Joshua IS champion... and Briggs vs Oquendo fighting for what is the right to be #1 challenger but they call it a world title so as to make more money

And FWIW both briggs and oquendo are washed up. How they are top 10 ranked is utterly beyond me.

Was a great fight and AJ did well to get up. I think if AJ gets hit clean by a Wilder right hand like the one that dropped him, it will be all over. Love to see AJ Wilder as a neutral.

If AJ learns some lateral movement he could trouble Wilder's explosive athleticism but ATM he just comes straight ahead and would get clocked by Wilders haymakers.
Both have similar skill levels I think but Deyontae has more power.

If Joshua could avoid the wild swings he'd have a good chance but fwiw I think AJ vs Fury would be the next blockbuster Hearn will be looking to promote if Tyson can come back.

It's just so the wba can make more money in sanction fees.

So if the wba champ wins another title in this case the ibf title, he becomes the "super champ" and they make someone else the regular champ.

That way they can get double the fees.

Both have similar skill levels I think but Deyontae has more power..

I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous. "Everyone has opinions" sure, but that's just plain out factually wrong. Joshua is technically better absolutely everywhere bar power. I'm not saying Wilder has more power, we just can't determine that. Judging from the eye test Wilder seems to have more one punch stopping power where as AJ can wear you down with those big pushing punches.

But to say they're similar in skill is a very poor call. Completely untrue. Wilder is often outboxed for multiple rounds until he finds his hail mary. Before Wlad, AJ had lost maybe 1-2 rounds in his past 5 fights.

I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous. "Everyone has opinions" sure, but that's just plain out factually wrong. Joshua is technically better absolutely everywhere bar power. I'm not saying Wilder has more power, we just can't determine that. Judging from the eye test Wilder seems to have more one punch stopping power where as AJ can wear you down with those big pushing punches.

But to say they're similar in skill is a very poor call. Completely untrue. Wilder is often outboxed for multiple rounds until he finds his hail mary. Before Wlad, AJ had lost maybe 1-2 rounds in his past 5 fights.
No I didn't mean skill in the same areas, I meant as a whole.
Both guys are green and very inexperienced yet they have strengths in different parts of their game.
I was meaning if they were rounded out then the 2 are pretty much level fight wise.
Wilder has AJ covered for strength and tank yet I reckon AJ would have the better 'boxing' skills all up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back