Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah its gonna be pricey to see live. PAC is one of my fave fighters. TBH I dont think it will go the distance but hopefully Jeff can pull a rabbit out and do it for Oz. If Fuenka can drop him, Pac will for sure.

How much are we thinking a ticket in the bleachers will be?

How much are we thinking a ticket in the bleachers will be?

For such a high profile fight, in an outdoor venue, with say 40,000 capacity like the Gabba or Adelaide Oval.. I'd say cheap, like $100 in the bleachers. Halve that capacity and the cheapest get fairly pricey as the capacity is smaller and the view naturally closer.

Watch it from the pub I say. I've seen a couple in arenas holding 10-20,000 or so and it tends to be hard to see what's going on.

Last edited:
Green will run a different fight this time. Mundine spent most his time keeping away from Green last time till Green run out of puff.
It wasn't much a fight, but a win is a win. Poor bastards that paid a truck load of money to be there.

Fenech has an agenda here... like pushing Mundines odds out before placing a large wager on him to win. If not, then what he's said is a joke... He's okay with fighting Azumah Nelson at 50, but complains these guys are past it.

Yes, there will be a weight difference but if Mundine is 81- 83kg and Green 88kg on fight night, the weight difference won't decide the fight - both weights are still within the cruiserweight limit for a reason.

Danny won't come in at 90kg. He won't want to be too heavy... a heavier frame won't help his 43 year old legs and will make it harder to catch a quicker Mundine.

Green won't gain significant power after the weigh. Despite some low level opposition, Green hasn't knocked someone out since Paul Briggs in 2010... and Briggs threw that fight. Danny is slower and much less powerful these days.

Mundine may have been knocked out recently but Hatley hit him with everything and Mundine kept getting up before it was stopped... and Clottey has always been a very big puncher, and again Mundine took decent punishment and still wasn't stopped.

Because of his declining power Green has been more of a boxer and counter puncher in recent years, using his skills to etch wins out against lesser fighters by decision. Watch his fight against Watts:

If Green is less likely to knock Mundine out, then it comes down to who is the better boxer... Mundine is hands down the better boxer of the two and still much quicker than Green.

Put your money on Mundine by decision

EDIT: fighting in Adelaide in early Feb in an outdoor arena is ridiculous for two blokes in their 40's... likely to be 35 degree plus day temp, maybe even in the 40 +.

Watching some of the old Mundine and Green fights free on Main Event today. I'm more interested in spotting some of the celebs in the crowd. Showed a few shots of Alex sitting next to Ed at the 2007 Mundine vs Soliman fight. She looked thrilled to be there! Don't know where Fev was?

image.jpg

Had $20 on mundine to win on points paying $4.50. Could say the legally smallest ring they had worked in Green's favour, but mundine wasn't busy enough and happy with the decision.

Reckon a third fight will happen a some point. Money talks.

Watching some of the old Mundine and Green fights free on Main Event today. I'm more interested in spotting some of the celebs in the crowd. Showed a few shots of Alex sitting next to Ed at the 2007 Mundine vs Soliman fight. She looked thrilled to be there! Don't know where Fev was?

image.jpg
Eddie should become a fight promoter :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alvarez blaming Golovkin for not agreeing to a fight, citing Golovkin's refusal to accept a flat fee instead of a portion of PPV.

Wondering if we'll ever see this fight.

Honestly, pretty ridiculous from Canelo. This is going to be the biggest fight since Mayweather vs. Pacquiao and half the reason for that is GGG and his reputation. Just pay the guy and get on with it. Hopefully a load of people tune in to watch GGG vs. Jacobs and put the pressure on Alvarez's camp to be reasonable about the offer.

Quite a good, even looking fight for 5 rounds, but Wilder then connecting with a damaging short right hook, and that was all she wrote... Good stoppage by the ref.

Didn't see the fight. Wilder has one of the best right hands in the business... other than that and the reach advantage he usually has over opponents... he is not a standout heavyweight.

Apparently he will fight Joseph Parker next to unify their titles. That should be a good 50/50 fight. One I doubt will go the distance...

Didn't see the fight. Wilder has one of the best right hands in the business... other than that and the reach advantage he usually has over opponents... he is not a standout heavyweight.

Apparently he will fight Joseph Parker next to unify their titles. That should be a good 50/50 fight. One I doubt will go the distance...
Yeah the Wilder vs Joseph will be something else.

Yeah the Wilder vs Joseph will be something else.

Parker was lucky to get past Ruiz - who is a smallish, and out of shape Heavyweight. I scored the fight for Ruiz. I think Parker got a gift. He won't be so lucky against Hughie Fury - who will outbox him at will. The bias judges won't even be able to score this schooling for Parker. Hughie Fury beats Wilder as well, I think he outboxes him, and possibly knocks him out late.

Washington out boxed Wilder early but he just has insane power, I don't think Hughie Fury or Parker beat Wilder, Love him or hate him, he has phenomenal power.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back