Movies & TV The Hangar Game of Thrones Thread **SEASON 8 SPOILERS**

Remove this Banner Ad

What has she got left? Cersei is the last one on her list, and we all know about the prophecy.
There’s a few - The Mountain (I’m hoping Sandor Clegane will take care of that one), Ser Illyn Payne the headsman (not sure he will surface again though), Melisandre and I think Beric Dondarrion. I guess Sandor has been forgiven...

Edit: Forgot Beric was kinda forgiven in this episode

Last edited:
For those interested, here’s a bit of a game to play.

254a62ca134d1564e0dc11304523ad06.jpg

I’ve done mine between E1 and E2. It can still be completed though.

Here are my predictions
1e7d70a9935240781f8edfe1dc074738.jpg

I would be shocked if Arya died from White Walker related acts next ep. She didn't hook up with the last remaining Baratheon just to die before Daenerys finds out. similar to the handling of the North following the Great War and the news of Jon's parents, how Daenerys reacts to the news that A) there's a Baratheon alive, and B) there's a Stark hooking up with a Baratheon, is of huge importance to Daenerys' storyline imo.

Since this season started you've had three things highlighted intended to raise doubts about Dany's fitness for rule (Sam finding out about his father/brother and making clear to Jon that rulers don't do that, Sansa making clear that the North wants to be ruled by itself and Dany immediately recoiling, and Jon telling Dany about his parents and Dany's immediate concern being solely about her claim to the throne). A Baratheon storyline fits right into this and now it needs Arya alive for it to be addressed in the best way.

there's a chance gendry dies and maybe they go the miracle pregnancy route or something, but that would be pretty lame, and they've already done it once. (hopefully there isn't time for a pregnancy story)

Last edited:
A lot of characters survived that when I didn't expect them to survive it. And now I don't know what their purpose is. I guess you need a couple of generals to lead your army against Cersei... except you don't have much of an army anymore? :think:

Little bit anticlimactic. TBH I don’t like the way GoT does battle scenes. It’s just too busy and it’s so hard to follow.

All the talk about the comparison to Helms Deep.... Helms Deep shits all over that from a great height.

They really had to do something in the first 3 eps, even if it was like 10 - 15 mins of Bran vision stuff to see something from the Night Kings perspective and give us something more to flesh them out. All we really got was a few lines of exposition from Bran last ep in the war room meeting and that was essentially nothing. I think that's why it falls flat for me, I rewatched the end a few times and I actually like it but it's just kinda like, well whatever, that's lame, don't even know s**t about them after all this time and build up.

Kinda like late season LOST, all the mystery, build up and suspense but seemingly no answer to the mystery leading to an unsatisfying conclusion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little bit anticlimactic. TBH I don’t like the way GoT does battle scenes. It’s just too busy and it’s so hard to follow.

All the talk about the comparison to Helms Deep.... Helms Deep shits all over that from a great height.
Helms Deep remains the best mass fight scene I've witnessed.

Watching a few of the actors telling the story from their characters perspective up to the end of season 7 on youtube vids has been helpful, but I'm not going to think too hard about the story-telling aspect of the show outside of that. I'm just here for the sets, costumes, visual effects and the acting at this point. The story will come with the books, if they're ever published.

A lot of characters survived that when I didn't expect them to survive it. And now I don't know what their purpose is. I guess you need a couple of generals to lead your army against Cersei... except you don't have much of an army anymore? :think:
I agree I didn’t expect some to survive that did.

To my thoughts one in particular had completed their character arc.

I thought it was a good episode but feel a little shortchanged in that the climax we have been waiting for since the first episode was so neatly wrapped up in 1 episode (extended though it was).

Dany would be court martialled for sacrificing the Dothraki like that. She was going to send them out without even fire until Melisandre turned up to fire them. The battle was a big disappointment, too dark to work out who was who. Helms Deep was far superior and even the Narnia movies were better battles. all that dragon fight in the sky not at all interesting.

Dany would be court martialled for sacrificing the Dothraki like that. She was going to send them out without even fire until Melisandre turned up to fire them. The battle was a big disappointment, too dark to work out who was who. Helms Deep was far superior and even the Narnia movies were better battles. all that dragon fight in the sky not at all interesting.
I closed all the doors and curtains, turned off the light. It was dark but I knew who was who for the most part, aside from I could've sworn Jon was riding a red dragon at one point.

I agree I didn’t expect some to survive that did.

To my thoughts one in particular had completed their character arc.

I thought it was a good episode but feel a little shortchanged in that the climax we have been waiting for since the first episode was so neatly wrapped up in 1 episode (extended though it was).
I don't think there was any other way to really deal with the Night King, he had to die at some point, and someone had to kill him. They painted themselves into the corner by creating a Big Bad in the first place, and his ability to raise wights the way he does mean he is only going to get stronger until he is killed.

But I feel like possibly the foreshadowing and tension that could've been built through the first two episodes a bit more, but maybe it was eclipsed by the budget. Would have improved those episodes a bit as well. I'm happy with a lot of the character moments we got in the first two episodes but I think we needed a bit more than Umber on a spike and "we don't have enough food" to really drive home the horror and sense of urgency. Without the foreshadowing it's just Arya ex machina.

Like the off-screen battles at last hearth, the karhold and the dreadfort could have been made a little more real. Maybe a couple of Bran raven visions, let Dany do her dracarys trick in an earlier episode so they can sweat on how they're going to kill him when he gets to Winterfell. More battle planning on the basis of information from Bran too. It would give Bran a bit more of a purpose rather than just repeating old lines in a creepy voice and giving people side eye.

Apparently Miguel Sapochnik was originally asked to do episodes 3, 4 and 5 but he couldn't do all three so they just got him for 3 and 5 instead. He's the one that directs the big battle episodes. Might've been in that inside the ep thing you posted, I've watched a few different youtube videos about it since then so I'm not sure where I picked that up. But possibly if it was battles over 3 episodes they could have done more actual battle scenes as build up instead of shoving it all into two episodes.

Was thinking about prophecies. I might be missing something but hear me out. The prophecies of Maggy the Frog and Melisandre have played out. The one from Miri Maz Durr can still happen. But what about Azor Ahai?

I know the actual prophecy may play out but there just doesn’t seem to be anyone left to allow the story line to play out properly. There is no one left that follows the Lord of Light. I suppose there is Missandei and Varys who at least understand High Valyrian, but I can’t see them becoming involved in that arc (maybe Varys).

So am I missing something? It seems like too much of a major part of the whole ASOIAF story to completely let slide. At best I see something happening where it is obvious to the viewer that someone is Azor Ahai but the story is left unexplained on screen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back