The Hip Hop Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there anyone that's even close to having a more consistent discography than Kanye? OutKast maybe up there.

The fact that Kanye's even up there as a producer as well, convinces me more that he's the GOAT.
That was my original point, he has so many 8+/10 over a ridiculous amount of years. As well as a few 10/10s to push it over the top I believe his discography is unparalleled.

People who genuinely think he's the goat are people who don't actually listen to hip hop/rap and have no idea what they are talking about, they are generally hipsters/followers trying to be cool who grasp onto s**t like this because some people supposedly in the know who buy into his self indulgent genius bullshit say how great he is and they can't actually formulate ideas of their own so just follow the crowd like the sheep that they are.
This bit supposed to be about Kanye or Drake?

if he drops another weed plate then that's 3 trash albums in a row

facts
I loved the life of Pablo for the individual records but the album definitely wasn’t cohesive. Yeezus is amazing, can’t see how anyone could call it trash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kanye is not the GOAT and never will be, sorry. Happy for fanboys to call him their favourite.

yeezus is absolute garbage.. those beats, shocking.

tlop... some of the most cringe worthy lyrics ye has ever spit.

em had 2 classics maybe 3... sslp, mmlp and maybe Eminem show. so he wasn't always trash
Eminem aged like milk.

I personally loved the production on Yeezus, its was raw and minimal so it was very layered, the outro to New Slaves is one of Kanyes best work ever. Theres a lot of underrated tracks on it like Hold My Liquor and Guilt Trip

Lol, bullshit.

808’s & Heartbreaks is mine.
I love 808s to death, it really depends on my mood which ones my favourite out of 808s and Yeezus. It's interesting how you could feel strongly about one and not the other.

Nah

Even if you don't like it, you should be able to appreciate him taking some of the more heavy hitting stuff going around that sort of 'indie electronic' genre at the time and moulding it into a cohesive hip-hop album.

It's probably overrated, but it's still a good album.

Kanye is not the GOAT and never will be, sorry. Happy for fanboys to call him their favourite.
I never said he was, I said he has the GoAT discography, which is pretty hard to argue against.

Eminem aged like milk.

I personally loved the production on Yeezus, its was raw and minimal so it was very layered, the outro to New Slaves is one of Kanyes best work ever. Theres a lot of underrated tracks on it like Hold My Liquor and Guilt Trip

I love 808s to death, it really depends on my mood which ones my favourite out of 808s and Yeezus. It's interesting how you could feel strongly about one and not the other.
Hold my liquor and blood on the leaves are incredible tracks.

tlop... some of the most cringe worthy lyrics ye has ever spit.

em had 2 classics maybe 3... sslp, mmlp and maybe Eminem show. so he wasn't always trash
Em has 0 classics and has always been “wow I rap fast but can’t do anything else white kids please love”.

I liked your trolling better when there was at least a little subtlety.
I’m not trolling, he’s to put it very simply not a good hip hop artist . Very good at rapping fast though.

I never said he was, I said he has the GoAT discography, which is pretty hard to argue against.

Look, it's personal taste and I don't agree but I'd take him over Eminem.

My ******* god, Ye's production on this new Pusha T album...
giphy.gif

From the standpoint of looking at these albums as potential 'classics' and AOTY-contenders, I'm disappointed with the length. I must say though, this roll-out is genius from a marketing perspective. His best roll-out since MBDTF.

My ******* god, Ye's production on this new Pusha T album...
giphy.gif

From the standpoint of looking at these albums as potential 'classics' and AOTY-contenders, I'm disappointed with the length. I must say though, this roll-out is genius from a marketing perspective. His best roll-out since MBDTF.
I started my day listening to Tested (I was expecting s**t and it was somehow worse) but then Daytona saved the day, bloody good album

I started my day listening to Tested (I was expecting s**t and it was somehow worse) but then Daytona saved the day, bloody good album
Are you serious? Testing was ******* amazing, a few filler songs but omg, Daytona is great but id have Testing over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back