The identity (to be) revealed!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just as good :eek:

2z5uhl5.jpg

My go at it.
Something like this:
GC17.gif

Yeah.

Also, they announce they wouldn't have a formal theme song, but instead the sound of a balloon deflating.

That is the real logo which i don't mind and the colour combo is nice but i can't believe the GAY mascot. I hope within the next two years they ditch the mascot.
I'm still speechless as to why they ignored the community. :(

The speedos were blue, not sea green. But rest ok I think.

That mascot has got to be called ROGER. I'm calling them the Gold Coast Rogers. He's gay, so Roger fits. :rolleyes:

It could've ended in tears.

There was a mascot naming vote/competition and some of the other options were Fury, Sting and Shrikes (poxy names which The Advertiser was pushing hard, of course), but thankfully sanity prevailed.

Flames was the other one.

It almost ended in tears because they originally made it a vote on the website. So you can imagine the number of idiots from Sydney and Melbourne voting for Shrikes. :rolleyes: They then had to run it through the Advertiser and then sanity prevailed and the Reds got up.

Before anyone gets too carried away bagging out the GC mascot, these are the rest:

mascotmanor3.jpg

I've never really understood the mosquito, tbh.
It's a reference to the "Mosquito Fleet". Team that won the 1923-24 back to back flags. Six players on the team were under 5'6".

The speedos were blue, not sea green. But rest ok I think.

That mascot has got to be called ROGER. I'm calling them the Gold Coast Rogers. He's gay, so Roger fits. :rolleyes:

I did make them blue, more of a western bulldogs blue, but the wonders of flickr alters the colours as usual.

It's a reference to the "Mosquito Fleet". Team that won the 1923-24 back to back flags. Six players on the team were under 5'6".

Right, fair enough. I thought they were the Bombers though, but I guess it is hard to make a fearsome weapon of war lovable. At least it means GCFC can go with whatever the hell nickname they want without changing their mascot.

Before anyone gets too carried away bagging out the GC mascot, these are the rest:

mascotmanor3.jpg

What I find really odd. Is that we have 5 mascots based on a bird, three on a feline, one on an angel, a dog, a kangaroo, a mossie, the devil, a superhero, a hippy from the western beach and...a bolt of lightning kicking a football.

I think GCFC just stole Western's Sydney's thunder with that extra from a Kylie Minougue concert.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did make them blue, more of a western bulldogs blue, but the wonders of flickr alters the colours as usual.

Thanks mate, I can't wait till someone posts the real mascot, if GC17 is brave enough to post it on net.

Perhaps Roger is a male stripper at one of the nightclubs when he's not rescuing the swimmers that fall off men folk down that way..................:D

That is the real logo which i don't mind and the colour combo is nice but i can't believe the GAY mascot. I hope within the next two years they ditch the mascot.
I'm still speechless as to why they ignored the community. :(

Seriously, who gives a s**t about the mascot?

It wont be any worse than any of the other team mascots anyway.

The Gold Coast Football Club.

I personally love it. Sounds better than the Gold Coast Marlins AFL Ltd.

mascotmanor3.jpg

LMAO!!!

****ing exactly!

Mascots are for the kiddies, as long as they've got a decent logo (which they have), and a decent jumper (which they should have, as it is the most important part of the marketing) its all good. :thumbsu:

Gold Coast Football Club... who would of thought??

I was a bit disappointed actually watching on TFS, getting all excited... but I think they've done the right thing, lets wait and see what sticks... better to be safe than sorry:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back