The "I've got tickets for myself" thread - Preliminary Final Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll answer my own question 10 bucks according to this.

http://www.mcg.org.au/sitecore/content/MCG/Website/Events/Travelling to the G/Vehicle Parking.aspx

They have an app to monitor the capacity.. have a feeling will be full by the time I get there (within an hour of gametime I'd think)

Recommendation on parking just catch a train instead parking at the G is a pain if it rains the carpark will be closed and Getting out after the match is a nightmare.

Depending on where you are staying go to Richmond or Jolimont Station are near the G

Don't understand why anyone would drive to the MCG with the trains and trams so close -

Agreed - once we get into Melbourne we're just using public transport to get around.

Also, for those that have Myki's, it only cost $3.30 for all day travel on weekends. Was planning to top up my Myki online, but it's a $10 minimum, so will just do it at the train station tomorrow.

Agreed - once we get into Melbourne we're just using public transport to get around.

Also, for those that have Myki's, it only cost $3.30 for all day travel on weekends. Was planning to top up my Myki online, but it's a $10 minimum, so will just do it at the train station tomorrow.
Plus it takes a good 3-4 days to actually update. Useless system.

We're driving and parking at G but that's only cause a mate offered. Plus we gonna try and get to Lygon St before the CSG bus. Dunno how many old people will be on the bus and how long it's gonna take them all to make their way back to the bus after the game etc.

They're all departing Franklin St bus station from 9:00pm. Give them a hoy or FB message, and they'll give you all the info you need.

The apparently emailed everybody with times, however I didn't receive one. Just rang Daryl and he let me know which bus and what time. We got the 10PM bus, thankfully.

Mate - don't worry about those myki cards - It's a f*cking rort - If you have Adelaide ID just claim ignorance to the ticket scab pigs and if you get a real prick he'll send you a fine but you live in Adelaide so they can't do jacksh*t

Had to finally give in and buy my first Myki last night, and it is a rort, because I not only had to pay for the journeys but also the actual cards!

Tossing up whether to drive or take the train tonight because of this Myki system, and having to top them up already and buy my wife a card too. Time is tight because of an earlier engagement. One thing, I walked through the MCG car park on the way to the rugby league last night and the bit of it they usually open for rugby league parking was not open. They also totally closed the MCG car park for Essendon v Carlton a few weeks ago because of rain, so not too sure if all of it is open for vehicles tonight.

Had to finally give in and buy my first Myki last night, and it is a rort, because I not only had to pay for the journeys but also the actual cards!

Tossing up whether to drive or take the train tonight because of this Myki system, and having to top them up already and buy my wife a card too. Time is tight because of an earlier engagement. One thing, I walked through the MCG car park on the way to the rugby league last night and the bit of it they usually open for rugby league parking was not open. They also totally closed the MCG car park for Essendon v Carlton a few weeks ago because of rain, so not too sure if all of it is open for vehicles tonight.

The pass lasts for 4 years anyway, and it will pretty much pay for itself today if you compare the Myki day rate for weekends compared to Metcards.

Car parks are still operating as normal today according to the MCG website, and there's nothing on their Facebook or Twitter feeds suggesting otherwise.

The updated Adelaide BigFooty Board representation at the 'G for tonight - only addition is Kid A now. Lets all make a heap of noise and get our boys over the line with our support :thumbsu:

Great Southern Stand
M1 - TooFar
M2 - Allefgib
M4 - Bobble, Crows2008
M8 - loplop
M13 - a few good men, marvin
M14 - amez_7, kirky, Go The Guts, crowgirl
M15 - eddie eagle, TheDoctor11
M16 - hunteyes, whattagun, BACCS, themuldohyeh, chicane
M21 - DirrtyBee, lads40, SCD Reborn, Bacon8
M22 - Kid A
M28 - crow28

Ponsford Stand
N31 - King Elvis
N35 - ronnie1234
Q35 - Moonwatcher, TheTonic

MCC Members Stand
grilledboard

Olympic Stand
M50 - Malem
M51 - alex_is_on_fire
M57 - Brucetiki, Hinkstuff, Pilchard Adams
N54 - Johno18, Godallblighty
N55 - Dirty Bird, dbcrow, johnnypanther, Go You Crows, Clicky, Paladin, xchadders
N56 - headache1
Q49 - thestew
Q51 - a1118868, MelbourneCrow, PrideofSA, kimirocks
Q53 - radiojake

Remove this Banner Ad

Back