The Joker Movie starring Joaqin Pheonix October 2019 release

Remove this Banner Ad

this is todd phillips we're talking about.
he has a fondness for unsavory people, controversial figures.
he filmed the GG Allin documentary Hated in the Nation, for instance.
despite that tho, Gary Glitter's song is one of the all-time greats.
i think it's Phillips being controversial....as the whole Joker film is all about unsavory sides of humans.

I didn't have a problem separating art from the artist

Glitter no longer gets royalties anyway as he sold the rights.

Ah okay then I was mistaken, I thought I heard his production company still received revenue from this. That was my main problem with it - potentially supporting a known criminal.

Anyway, all good then. That song is damn catchy and great usage in US sports etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw it yesterday, if it weren't for Phoenix that movie would be dog s**t. It was good but God it was so boring at times, good scenes but some storytelling was crap.

I'm interested in the D.C. Black stuff they are going to do but yeah hopefully they don't overdo it. Also we would need some hero stuff to balance it not just villains. Unfortunately I can't see too many interesting ones from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took my time seeing this as I'm not particularly a fan of the genre but it turned out to be the best movie I've seen all year.

There's a risk in giving bad guys a back story because it can make them seem pathetic, but here the writers deserve massive acclaim for the credible transformation of a sad loser who lives with his Mum to the evil force that we saw in The Dark Knight.

Phoenix's performance was an acting masterpiece e.g. after he shot the Wall St guys on the train, he became a different person. If he doesn't get the Oscar there's something wrong at the Academy.

8/10

I thought Matthew McConaughey put in an equal maybe slight better performance than Joaquin in Beach Bum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinly veiled Trump social dissolution thru the metaphor of Joaquin's schizophrenic episode.

i resent the fact it gets greenlit in the epoch of Trump admin*

Like the Ben Affleck second Oscar for Argo on the Persians and beruit, Hollywood cheekjowl with softpower and the establishment and DC

skilts #slits

*pleonasm

Do you have any sentences to go with your words?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back