Autopsy The Kumbaya everything is wonderful again Dogs 124. Saints 10 goals less thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I agree. And I'm on board with anything that approaches Clay's level of hardness and commitment. He and VDM are a nice little 1 2 punch up there. Different, but both relish the physical stuff and like to let the opposition know they're there.

If we played against a team with someone like VDM I'd hate him so much. I'm glad we have him, as a team we can always do with more c*** attitude.

It's a good laugh I thought.

Though there's plenty of comments by people acting as though they have been personally insulted, probably should lighten up.

People love to give it in the comments section (like, what are admin gonna do about it?), but then they take it directly when theirs just some banter back their way. Snowflakes.

Did lol at one of a few weeks ago, may have been ours. Essentially a fan gave their thoughts by view of telling them what to do, the response was “no worries, admin will go out there and kick 5 for ya”

It’s always impressive the mental gymnastics the Naughton back types make. Never in the history of the game has a team with two quality tall forwards moved one of them back. You keep working to find a way to separate them inside 50, because if you can the team has a clear point of difference to most of the competition.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we ever needed evidence Lobb needs to be traded, it was last nights game.

Lobb was good, but so were our other talls. With Marra coming back, it’ll create some selection and list management headaches.

Darcy’s ready to take the role. Let’s cash in and get an extra 2nd rounder for this years draft

And what happens if Darcy gets hurt for an extended period? Buku back to forward/ruck. We’ve been blessed with the availability of English, Naughton and Jamarra the last season and a bit but it’s not always going to be the case. Think Lobb is still worth keeping around

And what happens if Darcy gets hurt for an extended period? Buku back to forward/ruck. We’ve been blessed with the availability of English, Naughton and Jamarra the last season and a bit but it’s not always going to be the case. Think Lobb is still worth keeping around
Lobb covers all of Darcy, Naughton, English or Marra in case of injury.
I'd absolutely keep Lobb.

I don’t think the real question is whether or not Lobb constitutes good depth.

It’s more if Lobb is happy being designated as depth. His history would suggest no. Additionally there are at least a couple of Melbourne based teams that would happily give him a starting gig.

That we didn’t get what we wanted out of the trade i think is a fair assessment. Probably would have been better to keep our picks - in hindsight. It’s also true that he’s good depth.

Happy to keep him around if he’s happy to stay but when other teams come knocking I doubt we will hold him hostage here.

If Lobbs happy to be in and out of the side for the remainder of his contract, which he will be with Darcy’s improvement, I’m happy to keep. He’s a great back up.

I just can’t see it playing out like that. Lobb will ask for a trade in my opinion and we should oblige.

It wasn’t specifically pushing him out for trade, more so the situation we’ll find ourselves in, which was evident last night. Too many good talls. Something has to give.

If Lobbs happy to be in and out of the side for the remainder of his contract, which he will be with Darcy’s improvement, I’m happy to keep. He’s a great back up.

I just can’t see it playing out like that. Lobb will ask for a trade in my opinion and we should oblige.

It wasn’t specifically pushing him out for trade, more so the situation we’ll find ourselves in, which was evident last night. Too many good talls. Something has to give.

Well yes, that would become a different question.

The initial post was that we should trade him to get draft capital back, which is a viable thought, but since we have no other tall depth and considering Sweet cost pick 50 and Fullarton pick 47, any draft capital we get is going to be diluted as we'll have to give away a decent pick to get someone solid to be reserve ruck and then its probably not worth it. So maybe we'd get a pick 30 or something for him and then 50ish away for some B grader, meh.

If Lobb wants out, then he probably gets out. It'll be annoying but probably not worth the hassle. He'll get chances though, its unlikely that the four players that Lobb covers will keep a clean bill of health all year and he'll likely play a lot of games still. Plus its pretty good money to be playing VFL footy and making crap TikToks.

Lobb will be 32 at the start of next season , maybe he should kick back on the WO veranda & enjoy the sunset .

Though very tall people in AFL are the anti-yoghurt, they are tinned army rations , they have a long shelf life .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well yes, that would become a different question.

The initial post was that we should trade him to get draft capital back, which is a viable thought, but since we have no other tall depth and considering Sweet cost pick 50 and Fullarton pick 47, any draft capital we get is going to be diluted as we'll have to give away a decent pick to get someone solid to be reserve ruck and then its probably not worth it. So maybe we'd get a pick 30 or something for him and then 50ish away for some B grader, meh.

If Lobb wants out, then he probably gets out. It'll be annoying but probably not worth the hassle. He'll get chances though, its unlikely that the four players that Lobb covers will keep a clean bill of health all year and he'll likely play a lot of games still. Plus its pretty good money to be playing VFL footy and making crap TikToks.

With English, Marra, Naughty, Darce - we can expect that one is injured every week statistically or by giving some a rest if not.

For this season and the next he will play a lot of games if in form.

He was great yesterday - I have not been a fan because he plays too many bad games and goes in and out of games too much with lame efforts - but I only recall one time last night where the BLobb came out - he was hard at everything, worked hard and was fantastic. He has played a couple like that this year now.

Is it just me or does he seem to get in the way of Marra more than Naughty where he seem to block better for him?A couple of really good contacts to allow Naughty to get a metre.

There is also the chance that we don’t re-sign English! Or touch wood - he may get an injury - Darce will need a while longer to play key ruck every week. English is AA level and remember him getting the $&it beaten out of him - don’t need that again.

Naughton’s kicked 21 goals in the last 6 games without JUH. This isn’t a shot at JUH but we still need to figure out they can work together to both dominate games. Garcia had a really promising game, loved his composed kick to find Cody free. Good to see Dale back to his best. Glad we finally tried Richards in the midfield, we definitely have something to work with there, I think he has real potential as an elite midfielder to replace Treloars run in the next few years.

Hopefully we can play similarly next week, need to see this consistently.
I've been posting my observations that JUH isn't performing at crucial moments. I'm not doubting his ability and potential, it's just that he is still young and misses relatively straight shots in pressure. Because he attracts the ball and space, it doesn't surprise me that his presence effects Naughton.

That was more like it. Amazing how kicking straight at goals makes a massive difference when you have all the momentum.
Buku showing good signs, dale and trealor were also very good.

A good result against Freo in Perth could possibly ignite the season, so fingers crossed on that one

It’s always impressive the mental gymnastics the Naughton back types make. Never in the history of the game has a team with two quality tall forwards moved one of them back. You keep working to find a way to separate them inside 50, because if you can the team has a clear point of difference to most of the competition.

Maybe the club could employ a decent forward coach then. Because they’ve played together for a couple of years now and still play like they’ve barely spoken to each other in that time.

I think there’s at least some value to seeing what it looks like with Naughton back, given the plethora of talls on our list. But it won’t happen so it’s probably not worth more discussion, at least under Bevo.

Didn't Chris Grant move back and by rights should have won a Brownlow?

Didn't Chris Grant move back and by rights should have won a Brownlow?
Wallace used him as a swing man. Sadly he didn't move him back in the 97 prelim and that probably cost us the game (and a flag).

A few us in the know, knew Richards was next cab off the rank to go in the middle when Libba wasn't playing. He knew that all preseason.

I thought he was fantastic and I'll tell you why:
A defensive first minded onballer
A bigger body to get around, break away from.
A guy who stays on his feet, does not go to ground.

Richards probably will only play for spurts this year until he learns the caper more and builds up the tank.

But we had a ripper on our cards in my mind, exactly the type of onballer we need.
Especially when Smith walks

Was refreshing to see Richards at a lot of centre bounces giving us the speed in there that we lack at times. Would like to see more of that.

Thought it would have been beneficial subbing Treloar out last night, game over, with a direct midfield replacement in Sanders. Treloar was fantastic but plays 100% of all games and at 31 could do with some better management. Opportunity missed.

Weightman seems to be making a habit of kicking some quick, early goals before being held as the game progresses. Was still involved after his goals, but a pattern is emerging. Not concerned because his early goals are game shaping but interesting pattern evolving.

Continue to be impressed with Khamis and praying Jones can stay fit.

Very happy this morning, a bit more week to week consistency would be nice though.
Another way of looking at it is that when he has gotten a few early goals, is that they send a defender to him that his sole objective is to put the clamps on Weightman. Which they achieve but they are pretty much down a defender offensively as they don't drop off to roll over and be third one up. Or try and link up once they get possession.
Also has the flow on effect of opening up the forward line as Weightman just drags his man away from the fall of the ball.
Then try and use his smarts to get involved after

Still makes some rookie mistakes that will cost you blatant goals but definitely worth persisting with.
Isn't he something like 10 - 15 Senior matches? So of course he is going to make some bewildering errors at times. Once he gets to 50 - 70 games a lot of those errors will disappear with experience and confidence.
He is showing enough to persist with for now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back