TV/Film The Last of Us - HBO TV Show

TV shows and films that were games but are also TV shows or films now.

Remove this Banner Ad

My only issue with the timeline change is it makes Joel 56, that's a bit whack.

Wouldn’t the timeline change make Joel younger? He was born in 1981 and present day in the TV show is 2023. TLOU video game was 2033.

The story is great, not ground breaking by any means but it was the execution that was perfect.

I don't like that in the show they've already got Joel having flash backs to Sarah getting shot. He was a guarded and hardened man by then and only over the duration of building their relationship did the paternal connection rekindle in him in. Ellie was cargo for the first half of the story and they are already making him soft for her.
I don't see him having flashbacks and PTSD = already getting soft for Ellie. From memory early in the game it showed him kinda jerking awake and Ellie telling him he mumbles in his sleep. She's absolutely still cargo, he's given her nothing.

As someone who is fortunate enough to have seen the entire season already, I'm glad people enjoyed episode 1. I think if you enjoyed the game you're going to have a good time. Very interested in seeing people's thoughts on the other tweaks they've made, and one episode in particular. Overall I really enjoyed it and the acting is fantastic – if any of you have doubts about Bella Ramsey now, trust me, by the end of the season you'll have nothing but praise.

As someone who is fortunate enough to have seen the entire season already, I'm glad people enjoyed episode 1. I think if you enjoyed the game you're going to have a good time. Very interested in seeing people's thoughts on the other tweaks they've made, and one episode in particular. Overall I really enjoyed it and the acting is fantastic – if any of you have doubts about Bella Ramsey now, trust me, by the end of the season you'll have nothing but praise.

That’s awesome mate. I knew you get video games early to review for your website but didn’t know you also get TV shows early. So happy to hear the series lives up to expectations.

Bella Ramsay played a much liked character on Game of Thrones. I guess she just does dramatic roles really well. Top notch casting all around.

Holy s**t! What a spectacular episode. The end of the episode was absolutely crazy. I knew what was coming from playing the game but that twist happened and they totally changed the sequence from the game. 😳

The first 2 episodes is everything I had hoped it would be for a Last of Us TV show.

That’s awesome mate. I knew you get video games early to review for your website but didn’t know you also get TV shows early. So happy to hear the series lives up to expectations.

Bella Ramsay played a much liked character on Game of Thrones. I guess she just does dramatic roles really well. Top notch casting all around.
Yeah we're slowly getting into TV shows, but as with everything it's just time and manpower. The Last of Us TV show makes sense to cover so we made time for that.

If anyone is interested, our podcast is doing a weekly recap of each ep:

Yeah we're slowly getting into TV shows, but as with everything it's just time and manpower. The Last of Us TV show makes sense to cover so we made time for that.

If anyone is interested, our podcast is doing a weekly recap of each ep:

Awesome mate, I’ll check it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really liked how they've changed how the infected work, going with the 'connection' means that Joel and Ellie will be less inclined to kill them and thus will lower the general kill count in the show as is (ie not gamifying it). I thought it was a pretty subtle but clever move to explain away the general lack of combat that the show will naturally have.

Really thought Ellie came into her own, rather than being combative so much in the first ep, we got her humour. The scene in the hotel was classic Ellie.

Can't wait for next week, the brand new ep, that we finally don't have any real idea what will happen (I mean we may 'know' the ending, but don't know the contents).

Loved both intros. Next week looks like a mostly original story with little to do with what has been done in the game.

Most of the changes made to the story so far have been done well, some have been better than in the game. like explanation how the virus works/spreads.

Sad that the "we're shitty people Joel, its been that way for a long time" didnt make it into the show. or that they didnt do the skyscraper stuff.

On the HBO podcast the backstory for Tess that got cut would of been nice to see. it was the opening flashback for the episode before they went with the one we saw.

Really like the TV Series. It stands out from other gaming adaptions. Love the cold cut scenes introducing the fungi. The first scene was almost like watching a real panel with the doctor. Goosebumps.

The casting of Ellie is actually the best of the bunch tbh. Sure not the same lookalike but let’s be real, acting is brilliant. Hopefully Joel’s character is developed further in line with the game. The flashbacks, the morality. Feels like Joel is just simply pessimistic, edgy guy at the moment. Pedro Pascal is a great actor as well.

For me, I wasn’t overly esctatic with the game. Did complete it 10 years ago, so definitely redo on the PS4. Always thought it should have been a whole TV show in itself, rather a playable game with gorgeous cutscenes. That’s me.

Pleasantly surprised so far. Going to get a huge cult following that’s for sure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back